Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Why would Arsenal want him? They aready have fucking awesome midfield.

No, they really really don't. They got some good midfielders for sure but it's pretty shit when they don't have a single player who can take out a player when needed and fight a little, as it is now they are often completely exposed in front of their defense which admittedly isn't great either but is also barely getting any help at time, a player like Fellaini would be fucking perfect for Arsenal and I hope they don't get him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if arsenal did buy fellini. I highly doubt it is to play in midfield.

Then behind the ST? I can't see Wenger playing him there unless he decides to just hoof the ball up to Fellaini and exploit his aerial and physical ability. The latter is the main reason why he has excelled in that role. Otherwise, he doesn't fit Wenger's bill in terms of the technical, quick, crafty kind of player. If anything, he's probably buying Fellaini to play him as a DM, where Arsenal needs a bit of an enforcer in there.

Then behind the ST? I can't see Wenger playing him there unless he decides to just hoof the ball up to Fellaini and exploit his aerial and physical ability. The latter is the main reason why he has excelled in that role. Otherwise, he doesn't fit Wenger's bill in terms of the technical, quick, crafty kind of player. If anything, he's probably buying Fellaini to play him as a DM, where Arsenal needs a bit of an enforcer in there.

imo, Fellaini's best position is just behind the striker, and arsenal lack some physicality there. So Fellaini behind someone like walcott who will run off him will be quite effective. Could be wrong, but i don't see him in DM.

imo, Fellaini's best position is just behind the striker, and arsenal lack some physicality there. So Fellaini behind someone like walcott who will run off him will be quite effective. Could be wrong, but i don't see him in DM.

But the issue is that Fellaini is not suited to play there in a team like Arsenal with his lack of technical ability. And not to mention, he's slow and immobile. Doubt Wenger would want to play him behind ST.

But the issue is that Fellaini is not suited to play there in a team like Arsenal with his lack of technical ability. And not to mention, he's slow and immobile. Doubt Wenger would want to play him behind ST.

It makes no sense to have all of the same vareity of players. Just behind that would be players like Wilshere who are more technicallly gifted. Arsenal are quite one dimesional and another option up there would be useful for them. Used effectively it could be a great big man/quick man combo with Men running off of him, and fellaini's hold up play.

He'd be less of a liability behind the striker...cause the last thing Arsenal wants is a slow player jogging around as a DM.

Also, Fellaini would add variety to Arsenal's attack...they lack an aerial threat up front..

All in All..it came to me as quite a shock that Arsenal were interested in Fellaini...I'd be surprised if he isn't wearing an Everton jersey next season.

It makes no sense to have all of the same vareity of players. Just behind that would be players like Wilshere who are more technicallly gifted. Arsenal are quite one dimesional and another option up there would be useful for them. Used effectively it could be a great big man/quick man combo with Men running off of him, and fellaini's hold up play.

Yes, it makes no sense but Wenger has always been a stubborn man and likes a certain type of players he likes to go with his style of play. I agree that buying Fellaini will give them a different option upfront but think he would be used in DM instead, as opposed to CAM/behind the ST. Arsenal lack a DM, or a supposed DM in their pivot.

He'd be less of a liability behind the striker...cause the last thing Arsenal wants is a slow player jogging around as a DM.

Also, Fellaini would add variety to Arsenal's attack...they lack an aerial threat up front..

All in All..it came to me as quite a shock that Arsenal were interested in Fellaini...I'd be surprised if he isn't wearing an Everton jersey next season.

OR rather the last thing Arsenal need behind the ST is a CAM that slows down the attacks with a slow feet and lacking that technical ability.

Arsenal needs an enforcer more in their pivot rather than someone like Fellaini playing behind the ST to provide a different option. Wenger will move him there if needed but not when their usual game plan is working.

OR rather the last thing Arsenal need behind the ST is a CAM that slows down the attacks with a slow feet and lacking that technical ability.

Arsenal needs an enforcer more in their pivot rather than someone like Fellaini playing behind the ST to provide a different option. Wenger will move him there if needed but not when their usual game plan is working.

Fair point...but if they needed an enforcer, they'd be better off trying to sign that strong midfielder playing for Celtic.

Good signing for them. Stick him alongside Arteta or Wilshere in the pivot behind Cazorla and you've got a bit of strength and fight that Ramsay doesn't have.

He had a storming game at the Emirates in April (?) so I'm not surprised Wenger is interested but like Skipper alluded to they're lacking in depth beyond the starting XI.....in fact I think they're lacking at least 4 players IF they manage to hold onto the players they've already got.

Makes me laugh that they finally decide to splash the cash but they're still languishing behind Us and City.

I'd rather see him go to Arsenal than United for two reasons:

1. He'd flourish there. I really like Fellaini as a player - you don't see many players as dynamic and combative as he is.
  2. It's Arsenal. He alone won't turn them into title-challengers. If he went to United, he'd dramatically boost their midfield, which is their weak-link. You look at United's frontline, defenders and goalkeeper and you think "yep, definitely worthy champions". Their midfield leaves a lot to be desired. If he went there and sat in the middle of the park alongside Carrick, and United managed to sign two decent wingers, then fuck me... title 21 in the bag.

Arsenal and title challenge in same sentence? Looks like Exams took a toll on you!!

It's been only 8 years lol. If it wasnt for RVP, they could have been won or atleast finish 2nd last year #serioustalk

I'd rather see him go to Arsenal than United for two reasons:

1. He'd flourish there. I really like Fellaini as a player - you don't see many players as dynamic and combative as he is.
  2. It's Arsenal. He alone won't turn them into title-challengers. If he went to United, he'd dramatically boost their midfield, which is their weak-link. You look at United's frontline, defenders and goalkeeper and you think "yep, definitely worthy champions". Their midfield leaves a lot to be desired. If he went there and sat in the middle of the park alongside Carrick, and United managed to sign two decent wingers, then fuck me... title 21 in the bag.

Then WHY ONE EARTH would you want him to come to MU? You think we are not going to challenge them for title or something? :blink: Obviously him going to Arsenal would be better because he wouldn't improve our direct competitor, Arsenal won't be our competitor unless we fight for four place again which won't be acceptable now Mourinho is here.

• 1 month later...

Then WHY ONE EARTH would you want him to come to MU? You think we are not going to challenge them for title or something? :blink: Obviously him going to Arsenal would be better because he wouldn't improve our direct competitor, Arsenal won't be our competitor unless we fight for four place again which won't be acceptable now Mourinho is here.

Didn't @Alex just say he would rather see him at Arsenal? Lol. Brainfart.

I'd rather see him go to Arsenal than United for two reasons

Now Moyes wants Fellaini. Will this be another failed bid which will lead to more embarrassment for Man United?

Don't think so with this one.

Unlike the others Fellaini would be desperate to move there. Just have to hope Everton can milk them for as much cash as possible. Think he'll be a United player by the start of the season. I'd rather him go there than to Arsenal.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You