Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Only thing i was discussing with you was if he's an abysmal passer or a least a decent one. (and i think which one is obvious)

And well again, i wouldn't, but his tackling/interceptions are just great, so i know why if they would consider him. (and this is the last time im saying this, i wouldn't)

It doesn't seem like you know much of him anyways...

Oh, I don't dislike him. In fact I think he is cracking as a physical attacking midfielder. But there isn't that much room for another attacking mid at Chelsea. What I believe is that he is an average defensive midfielder and does not fit Chelsea's needs at the moment.

Still think he is an average passer, I was being hyperbolic in my original post.

I don't care if you don't reply. But saying that I'd appreciate it if you never ever fucking assume what I don't and do know. If there is one thing that pisses me off is when people assume things about me, whether it be personal or otherwise.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still think he is an average passer, I was being hyperbolic in my original post.

I don't care if you don't reply. But saying that I'd appreciate it if you never ever fucking assume what I don't and do know. If there is one thing that pisses me off is when people assume things about me, whether it be personal or otherwise.

I know, but even then it wasn't fair, since you made it seem he was total crap on that department which isn't true.

And i edited that post btw, i don't mind but i just woke up and was in a hurry so nvm that. And its was a fair assesment after you said that.

Perhaps, when he is matched with someone who has the play maker abilities (such as Modric, Xabi Alonso, Pirlo, perhaps Kevin De Bruyne?) he could be a good option for the pivot. But then again, in Belgium's NT this role is for Witsel, partly because he is better at sticking to the tasks (defensively) that are required of him. Fellaini has the tendency to break position in order to score goals, which makes him more suited as a box-to-box midfielder, as suggested by Mundaka, rather than a DLP.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

Perhaps, when he is matched with someone who has the play maker abilities (such as Modric, Xabi Alonso, Pirlo, perhaps Kevin De Bruyne?) he could be a good option for the pivot. But then again, in Belgium's NT this role is for Witsel, partly because he is better at sticking to the tasks (defensively) that are required of him. Fellaini has the tendency to break position in order to score goals, which makes him more suited as a box-to-box midfielder, as suggested by Mundaka, rather than a DLP.

A B2B player is more suited to a heavier midfield, what I mean is a midfield with more bodies. Like a 4-3-3. In that formation he can break away running forward while the two other players retain shape and structure, if he were to do that in 4-2-3-1 he would leave too many holes open. He may be a fine player but these intangibles have to be taken into consideration. Another player who is fantastic but leaves far too many spaces open is Jack Wilshere.

Isn't Fellaini too slow to play box-to-box? I'm a big fan of B2B players, and these types need to be always running, making quick transitions from defense to attack; Fellaini does not strike me as capable of doing that.

Interesting player and young enough to develop/adapt to a new position.

Yaya is a fantastic player, but he's 29, turning 30 in may. I wonder whether City have gotten the best of him already.

• 4 weeks later...

84% pass completion, 4 interceptions and a team high 7 tackles for the people who care about stats.

Looked like he gave a shit about his club, his teammates and the supporters for 90 minutes for the people who care about such things.

Obviously a sly dig at Mikel.

He played well in the DM role yes, but his best performances this season and last season have come when he's been deployed forward. One game won't change my opinion about him.

Obviously a sly dig at Mikel.

He played well in the DM role yes, but his best performances this season and last season have come when he's been deployed forward. One game won't change my opinion about him.

So you've only seen him play one game in the DM position? That's interesting.

Oh, and it was a fairly obvious dig at Mikel.

So you've only seen him play one game in the DM position? That's interesting.

Oh, and it was a fairly obvious dig at Mikel.

My opinion is based on the fact that I've seen him play there more than a couple of times. What I'm saying is that one good game at DM wont change my opinion about him playing as a DM for us.

My opinion is based on the fact that I've seen him play there more than a couple of times. What I'm saying is that one good game at DM wont change my opinion about him playing as a DM for us.

I wouldn't expect one good game to change anyone's mind. The thing is from my perspective this was another good game at DM and a performance that showed heart and passion. Obviously I don't have a chart or stat for heart and passion so it's not really important to some fans.

Fellaini is a good player...for Everton. Our midfield needs to get a lot better and I don't see how buying him does that. People complain about Mikel's lack of mobility but Fellaini has the same issue. He is definitely NOT the passing playmaker that we all want either so what is the point? We can do a lot better than Fellaini.

Oh, I don't dislike him. In fact I think he is cracking as a physical attacking midfielder. But there isn't that much room for another attacking mid at Chelsea. What I believe is that he is an average defensive midfielder and does not fit Chelsea's needs at the moment.

Fellaini would fit in perfect with Mikel in the double pivot. Also in something like this:

Ramires - Mikel

Fellaini

Mata ----------Hazard

Ba

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You