Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe people still consider him an option...

He's probably still in the discussion because who else is there?

I'd love for Romeu, Chalobah and Ake to kick on but realistically we're going to invest in someone to play alongside Rami and Lamps and Fellaini is a good player if the price is right.

I'd be excited if we got him but not disappointed if we miss out.

Can really see him hurting us if he lands at United or City.

We struggle mightily against the size and power of Yaya Toure alone so imagine Fellaini next to him. Having the calm and discipline of Carrick next to him at United would allow him more freedom there. Plus he'd be under Moyes again.

Think he'll almost definetly be a United player.

He's probably still in the discussion because who else is there?

I'd love for Romeu, Chalobah and Ake to kick on but realistically we're going to invest in someone to play alongside Rami and Lamps and Fellaini is a good player if the price is right.

He shouldn't be in the discussion because he's not an option for the double pivot. Simple as that.

^ why he isnt? if we play with one defensive minded or with one deep-lying style, he clearly can fit in. he is more of a box-to-box type, but he is also good in defense etc. i think we would find a place for him in our double pivot, even though I would prefer a more creaitve player.

He shouldn't be in the discussion because he's not an option for the double pivot. Simple as that.

Why? He's got a good engine, good distribution in that position (his passing percentage seems to drop off when in more advanced positions which isn't that surprising), he's good in the air, strong and offers a goal threat.

He's not perfect (I'd love Javi Martinez but that ship has long since sailed) and I've got high hopes for Ake, Chalobah and Romeu but it does look like we're going to buy a midfielder and at the right price he does need to be part of the discussion.

Personally I'd be happy going into next season with Oscar, Lamps, Rami, Chalobah and Romeu but I think we do need one more for that position and I think it's too early for Ake (although he was very good yesterday) and I'm not sure about De Bruyne in that role.

He's versatile, that is the big hitting point. He can play centrally but just look at the presence he offers in the air. We are quite a physical side now but with this guy he can bring that added steel and offer a huge threat from set pieces, as if we weren't a massive threat already.

^ why he isnt? if we play with one defensive minded or with one deep-lying style, he clearly can fit in. he is more of a box-to-box type, but he is also good in defense etc. i think we would find a place for him in our double pivot, even though I would prefer a more creaitve player.

he is not that good when played defensively. moyes tried playing him as a cdm and it simply dint work out very well. in everton he has thrived mostly in the role behind the striker and that too mainly because of his aerial prowess.also that position is anyways done and dusted for us (mata/oscar/kdb). defensively i feel he is just a little better than mikel and wont provide the much needed assistance in attack that we need to break down defences. wont be a good buy.

Why? He's got a good engine, good distribution in that position (his passing percentage seems to drop off when in more advanced positions which isn't that surprising), he's good in the air, strong and offers a goal threat.

He's not perfect (I'd love Javi Martinez but that ship has long since sailed) and I've got high hopes for Ake, Chalobah and Romeu but it does look like we're going to buy a midfielder and at the right price he does need to be part of the discussion.

Personally I'd be happy going into next season with Oscar, Lamps, Rami, Chalobah and Romeu but I think we do need one more for that position and I think it's too early for Ake (although he was very good yesterday) and I'm not sure about De Bruyne in that role.

it would be suicidal to go with chalobah and romeu in the saeon. romeu has played mostly bad for us futhermore he has had a serious injury. chalobah hasnt played one game...WE MUST buy a new player in this position, its not even a qusetion. or give trust in de bryune, which would be a risk.

His passing and vision are below average, his tactical understanding is poor (one of the reasons he was moved into a more forward position) and he's slow. I'd write a longer post if I wasn't tired of repeating things that have been said multiple times before so if you're interested in a more in-depth explanation why Fellaini shouldn't be considered a player for the double pivot you can look it up on several pages in here.

With Moyes going to United Fellaini won't be an option for us anyway. Can't see him going anywhere than to Manchester United.

His passing and vision are below average, his tactical understanding is poor (one of the reasons he was moved into a more forward position) and he's slow. I'd write a longer post if I wasn't tired of repeating things that have been said multiple times before so if you're interested in a more in-depth explanation why Fellaini shouldn't be considered a player for the double pivot you can look it up on several pages in here.

With Moyes going to United Fellaini won't be an option for us anyway. Can't see him going anywhere than to Manchester United.

I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, but you're factually incorrect on why he was moved forward. It's simply a pragmatic move based on his aerial dominance and strength. We can discuss whether or not he has poor tactical understanding or not but on this one point you're just wrong.

It's interesting that despite all that you still think he'll make a move to the champions though. :rolleyes:

But I'll have a look through the thread to see if anyone has made the points you're unable to.

Fellaini is rubbish in a deeper role.

I disagree with a lot of what you're saying, but you're factually incorrect on why he was moved forward. It's simply a pragmatic move based on his aerial dominance and strength. We can discuss whether or not he has poor tactical understanding or not but on this one point you're just wrong.

It's interesting that despite all that you still think he'll make a move to the champions though. :rolleyes:

But I'll have a look through the thread to see if anyone has made the points you're unable to.

I thought he got moved forward cause he made quite a few rash challenges as a DM in his early Everton days...and he just wasn't influential from a DM position.

He'll go to United cause he respects Moyes and fits his style of play.

Fellaini is rubbish in a deeper role.

I disagree. It's where he came to prominence at both Liege and Everton and being moved into a more advanced position seems to have wiped the collective memory of football fans of this point. In fact I'd say one of his most impressive games this season was away to Arsenal when he had a deeper/box-to-box role and was probably their man of the match.

With the options available, he can't be overlooked and he really doesn't deserve to be dismissed.

I thought he got moved forward cause he made quite a few rash challenges as a DM in his early Everton days...and he just wasn't influential from a DM position.

He'll go to United cause he respects Moyes and fits his style of play.

He was influential from a deeper role but he did have an injury that kept him out for a while. He does have a bit of rashness about him but I'm sure the right coach could help him channel that better.

As for going to United, he might just be going there because he's a good midfielder and they're crying out for one. Someone should probably tell Moyes that he's not good in a deep role if he's planning on sticking him there though.

Nope. If you would actually read instead of implying something you'd know I said his lack of tactical understanding was "one of the reasons". Look it up, I'm sure you're capable of doing so.

United have a different system. And with Moyes joining them, he can make sure how to use him in the best way possible.

Being unable to do something and not being interested in doing something are two very different animals, smh.

""I'm not a number 10. David Moyes predicts my future as a defensive midfielder, but due to a lack of offensive power, he plays me up front.

"In the future I want to play as a six or an eight."

"I'm happy with my season, although I didn't play in my best position,

I disagree. It's where he came to prominence at both Liege and Everton and being moved into a more advanced position seems to have wiped the collective memory of football fans of this point. In fact I'd say one of his most impressive games this season was away to Arsenal when he had a deeper/box-to-box role and was probably their man of the match.

With the options available, he can't be overlooked and he really doesn't deserve to be dismissed.

Unless he's available for 15-20 million...he can be dismissed.

If we really want to invest into our CM/DM position...we should be targeting Khedira or Lars Bender (standout season for Leverkusen alongside their young Spanish RB).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You