Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

In the international matches with Belgium, it becomes obvious how limited a player he is. Yes, he is strong, he has the velcro chest thing and he wins the second ball a lot. But he only performs well when the entire team is build around him, like at Everton. When he plays in midfield, he falls short in passing, positioning and overall ball control.

Chelsea would do better to find a different type for the pivot; someone who can spot a pass and actually execute it.

Not really, you dont have to build the entire team around him, the exact opposite even...

You have to use him as box to box, instead of DLP, that was the difference between the first 30 minutes and the remaining 60 for fellaini.

He's awesome in recuperating, getting in the box & score goals, battle opposition midfielders... but dont give him the ball to much when we have possesion, if he comes here it should be as replacement for mikel/2nd striker.

But indeed, for us/chelsea we're better of with Witsel fe since we aim for lots of possesion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in summer we will sign Fellaini and Falcao. A world class striker by Roman's request and powerful midfilder because the board thinks we need one tall man among smaller players. If we actualy get the coach before june/july, he might say what we realy need. I cant say I wouldnt be happy with those two in the end, but we could do much better if that happens. Just my opinion.

About Fellaini, he looks like skillful allround midfielder, but perhaps he doesnt fit our team.

However there are few good points.of him too;

1.) He is huge and would take two players to physicaly take the ball from him - that means more space for Mata, Hazard,...

2,) He plays in england long time and would have no trouble with stamina or any problems adjusting league. Moutinho, Benat might struggle a bit.

3.) He looks very emotional and hard working player, never giving up. His personality is nice too.

4.) last year when he was playing more as DM/his passing was great as well his defensive duties.

5.) he is very allround, could play with Mikel, Rambo, Kdb...in 4:3:3 or 4:2:3:1. Aerial threat, long shot taker, contribution in defence.

6.) he is belgian and knows players here realy well.

The bad points are his bad tackling, resulting in many fouls, his price and he might not be what are looking for (a good deep playmaker), but there is Kdb also available to get in the team, so it could work...

Not really, you dont have to build the entire team around him, the exact opposite even...

You have to use him as box to box, instead of DLP, that was the difference between the first 30 minutes and the remaining 60 for fellaini.

He's awesome in recuperating, getting in the box & score goals, battle opposition midfielders... but dont give him the ball to much when we have possesion, if he comes here it should be as replacement for mikel/2nd striker.

But indeed, for us/chelsea we're better of with Witsel fe since we aim for lots of possesion.

We DONT need a box to box midfielder, we need a really strong dm that can make excellent passes and a deep lying playmaker.

As Box to Box we've got ramires, and that doesn't work so if we have to sign someone for our double pivot,

please not Fellaini, too lazy, slow and so on.

Yes he is strong, but so limited and not what we need here.

I also think that witsel would be a much better signing

I was really adamant about us getting him back in January, but as I've watched more and more of him recently he's fallen off quite a bit. Looked really poor in a few of Everton's matches and in Belgium's friendly the other day against Macedonia he looked downright awful at times.

I can certainly see him improving our side and he himself can only get better with the class we have in our squad. I'd take him without a second thought at £25m but no more than that.

A midfield pairing of either Fellaini & Ramires or Fellaini & Mikel behind our attacking mids could be insane. We'd have a ridiculous amount of options to suit the different styles of opponents. Fellaini can play all around the pitch.

We DONT need a box to box midfielder, we need a really strong dm that can make excellent passes and a deep lying playmaker.

As Box to Box we've got ramires, and that doesn't work so if we have to sign someone for our double pivot,

please not Fellaini, too lazy, slow and so on.

Yes he is strong, but so limited and not what we need here.

I also think that witsel would be a much better signing

I was quoting someone else talking about Belgian NT , and in our NT witsel should play as DLP, fellaini as box to box if witsel, fellaini and dembele would play together.

I didn't say he should come, do mind the IF in that sentence, and IF he comes he can only be usefull as replacement for mikel because his passing isn't good enough as DLP or be used as 2nd striker...

I was really adamant about us getting him back in January, but as I've watched more and more of him recently he's fallen off quite a bit. Looked really poor in a few of Everton's matches and in Belgium's friendly the other day against Macedonia he looked downright awful at times.

I can certainly see him improving our side and he himself can only get better with the class we have in our squad. I'd take him without a second thought at £25m but no more than that.

A midfield pairing of either Fellaini & Ramires or Fellaini & Mikel behind our attacking mids could be insane. We'd have a ridiculous amount of options to suit the different styles of opponents. Fellaini can play all around the pitch.

A midfield pairing of Fellaini and Mikel...that would probably one of the worst combinations in the premier league.

I'm struggling to see how Fellaini would improve our first team. We need a DM/CM who can control the tempo of the game...not someone like Fellaini who is better in or around the box.

Kdb or Oscar would be more than decent in controling midfield next year in 4:3:3 or even 4:2:3:1. Just need some time to adjust.

4-2-3-1 is out of the fucking question if we are considering of placing Oscar in the holding midfielder role, he'd be totally wasted.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

A hulking behemoth that can't pass the ball? No thanks.

He can friggin pass, just not good enough for us, it's not what we need, but saying he can't pass is plain stupid.

A youtube video isn't going to convince me. Only highlighting the positives...

However, if he is used in the pivot a pathetic 78% completion rate isn't good enough for me. In forward position I can forgive 78% but not for a defensive midfielders

http://www.squawka.com/players/marouane-fellaini

Yeh and those stats are partially based on when he played as a striker, you can't look at that imo...even then, considering he played almost 1/2 as a striker those start are good lol, they are prolly around 85-87% as midfielder, especially if he would play it here, and who say's he needs to be? As a box to box player his passing is more than good enough.

And even if its a youtube vid, it already proves enough, he can pass a friggin ball.

And pass % won't even say that much, if your a type of player that plays lots of balls deep/direct then your pass % will prolly be lower ythan when you always play it to the guy next to you...

anyways fellaini's stats in general:

120612_0008_FellainiMid1.jpg

120612_0008_FellainiMid2.png

120612_0008_FellainiMid3.jpg

120612_0008_FellainiMid4.jpg

And its clear to see that his best points are: aerial duels, tackles (everton aren't getting the best out of fellaini defensively tho) and scoring goals. Hence why i want him to play as box to box (but not for chelsea, unless we replace mikel which i wouldn't do, like i said before).

Also worth mentioning is his final 3rd passing/creating chances skills.

and im quoting:

"Perhaps most impressive is the clear-cut chances category with last season’s total of five already bettered this campaign(6). Creating a clear-cut chance every 571.2 minutes in 2011/12, this season’s figure of 194.2 minutes is comparatively brilliant."

Yeh and those stats are partially based on when he played as a striker, you can't look at that imo...even then, considering he played almost 1/2 as a striker those start are good lol, they are prolly around 85-87% as midfielder, especially if he would play it here, and who say's he needs to be? As a box to box player his passing is more than good enough.

And even if its a youtube vid, it already proves enough, he can pass a friggin ball.

Well according to Who Scored When all of those stats are from when he was an attacking midfielder or a striker whatever you want to call it.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/22738/

His oh so amazing form is because he is an attacker. Why would Chelsea purchase a defensive midfielder because of his attacking prowess?

He has never impressed me before this year and don't try to change my mind because I watched him. If he didn't impress me while I watching, why should your words sway my opinion otherwise?

His oh so amazing form is because he is an attacker. Why would Chelsea purchase a defensive midfielder because of his attacking prowess?

He has never impressed me before this year and don't try to change my mind because I watched him. If he didn't impress me while I watching, why should your words sway my opinion otherwise?

Only thing i was discussing with you was if he's an abysmal passer or a least a decent one. (and i think which one is obvious)

And well again, i wouldn't, but his tackling/interceptions are just great, so i know why if they would consider him. (and this is the last time im saying this, i wouldn't)

It doesn't seem like you know much of him anyways...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You