Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like Moutinho/M'Vila. I think Fellaini is a very good player, however he's the type of player that would need the team to be focused on/built around him.

I don't think he'd fit our current system. Furthermore I don't see any signs we're switching to a 4-3-3 either. I wouldn't complain if he came though. Most of the times, Good players find a way to adapt. Plus beggars can't be choosers. We're short on CM's (Need 1 in January) and I think Lampard's time is up.

M'Vila is a proper cunt. Disciplinary issues, personal problems and a rotten attitude; he is last player I want here. Not to mention he has been arrested multiple times for domestic violence or something.

Moutinho would be good, but much too expensive. Banega has potential to be even better, his passing, long balls, ball tracking, marking. And would cost about 13mio. Him and Mata would rock together. Believe me.

I dont see why Mikel would go in january, he is doing well. If we must go for CM, Fellaini is not worth his money. Banega, Tino Costa, De Rossi, Vidal,...would be much better.

Anyway we dont have money for 50mio striker and classy 20mio cm. Only one will come and I hope its striker.

what Ryan said,, i meant for ACON,, and also since when did we NOT have the money. not every signing has to be over the moon im sure we can find a cdm without going over board. of course thats easier said than done.

His stats today compared to John Obi Mikel vs Swansea.

Fellaini vs Sunderland (playing as CAM):

Passing stats

Completed 47/59 passes (80%), 1/2 accurate crosses, 3/5 accurate long balls, 1 accurate through ball.

Defensive stats

2/2 tackles completed, 0 interceptions, 1/3 effective clearances, 0 shots blocked, 0 fouls.

f

Offensive stats

1/2 shots on target, 1 key pass, 0 successful dribbles, dispossesed once, 1 turnover, offside once.

Mikel vs Swansea (playing as CDM):

Passing stats

Completed 65/68 passes (96%), 0 crosses, 2/2 accurate long balls. 0 through balls.

Defensive stats

2/2 tackles completed, 1 interception, 1/1 effective clearance, 1/1 shots blocked, 1 foul given away.

Offensive stats

0 shots, 0 key passes, 0 successful dribbles, 0 fouls won, dispossesed once, 1 turnover, 0 offsides.

Okay your probably thinking they are better compared to Mikels.... don't think that him playing that bit deeper will help though.

Stats of Fellaini vs Newcastle last game of season (playing as CM):

Passing stats

Completed 28/37 passes (76%), 0 crosses, 2/3 accurate long balls, 0 through balls.

Defensive stats

1 tackle completed, 0 interceptions, 0/1 effective clearances, 0 shots blocked, 6 fouls.

Offensive stats

1/2 shots on target, 1 key pass, 0 successful dribbles, won 3 fouls, dispossesed 6 times, 0 turnovers, 1 offside.

In general hes a sloppier passer compared to Mikel, doesn't make as many interceptions. Playing as a CM he gives more fouls away, is dispossesed a lot more too compared to Mikel (dispossesed 6 times vs Newcastle 13/5/12 and 3 times vs Stoke 1/5/12). Gets more shots in but still, do we really need that from our CDM when we have got 4 attacking players a head of him, sometimes 5 if Rami gets up to support the attack too? Is he really worth the 25 million as well? No I wouldn't say so.

No thanks. Either we will go after destructor (Fellaini is not) or deeplying playmaker (Fellaini is not).

I think we dont need no one, since Mikel is doing great recently and Kdb is on the way next summer.

We should focus to find striker and maybe good CM that could come on loan. I wonder why didnt we exchanged Essien for Sahin in summer...

Haha @ discovers WhoScored :D

I don't wan't Fellani for a bag full of reasons. First he's too good and important in a playing pattern to be rotation player. And he's not good enough to be a starter at Chelsea

He's a poor passer, idiots made a meal of Mikel's alleged average passing range. Mikel is a player whose passing range has been restricted due to a given role on the pitch, his numerous long balls, through balls and all the creative stuff he attempted punctually shows that's a matter of role and not abilities. Mikel's passing is scholar, the choices are relevant and the execution is perfect.

Fellaini's passing is raw, technically that's woeful, he's slow and gives inaccurate cinderblocks to his team mates. His one touch play is bad, he often sends back a short pass on his team mate knee just 2 yards away. He can't manage the rythm of the play, he often breaks the momentum by doing a disappointing pass. He's not creative at all, you won't ever see a pass through intervals. That's always straight on his team mate's feet

Fellaini is an unidimensional retriever of the ball, goes the hard way and fouls very often the opponent in the proicess. Can't intercept, read the play on the ground or cover properly.

His lay backs are good, he wins challenges. But he's not a striker, his finishing is awful, the clear chances left aside.

He's like Cahill or Downing, medias made an awful lot on them because they play for a team outside the former big 4 and Spurs. We only hear of Fellaini when he plays against the big 4 or when Match of the Day makes a short footage, surprisingly when he misses sitters or has mediocre games, nobody's there to highlight it.

Some seem to say he's the all round midfielder, he's far from that. Tough tackler, good target man and good movement in the last tier but all the rest is waaay below par to play in a big club.

And no doubt that the whole Fellaini thing would sell papers in a big club: his constant fouling & elbowing, his couldn't care less attitude on and off the pitch, his average passing/technical abilities...

Whats in bold, so true. Mikel has much more to offer now because he isn't restricted to passing the ball sideways/backwards constantly. He is given less defensive responsibility now with Rami next to him and in general the philosophy we are instilling. Robbie has let him go higher up and pick out much more diagonals switches/short passes in around the box because their is much more movement off the ball in our team now than there was say 4-5 seasons ago. Under Carlo, he would get the ball, nobody in front of him made decent runs so he'd pass it backwards. We all gurned and got annoyed at him but it wasn't just his fault.

Mikel was second best after Messi couple years ago in that tournament, wasnt he?

He played more offensive position and then Mou converted him into more defensive. I beliefe he could be Yaya Toure 2.0 if he had more freedom. He could then play along someone

like De Rossi. What a great pair that would be. Shame he doesnt posses bit more pace and energy.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You