Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Absolutely no reason why we should waste our money on him.We already have capable midfielders in the team and so therefore I feel the club shouldn't require any reinforcements in this area for at least another 2 transfer windows.

Chelsea really needs another midfielder as it currently is. It might be fine right now but we only need an injury or two and the central midfield is pretty fucked.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballack back in for 6 months I say!! xD

ha wonder whether he's kept himself fit till now. Is 36 by now and only thing he could do is provide some cover.

I would take Fellaini any time. Seems like special player. But problem is his price. He is just not worth or with other words we need to spend those 40mio for striker. For 40mio, you probably get any of Derossi, Vidal or Schweini...Fellaini is not in their class unfortunely.

Besides, we have Mikel, Rambo, Romeu and Kdb next year to play in pivot pair. Essien joins us too. That is 5 players. Enough to rotate. If we are buying CM this january (since we will only have Rambo and Romeu + maybe Lamps available) I hope we buy older player, because he wont destroy development of our younger players as well he will give us some experience to midfield. Possible choices are Derossi or Schweini (but he is probably Bayern bound, no matter how big offer we might send).

Maybe Fernandinho would be good option, since he wouldnt cost that much.

Vidal and Schweini are not that much better than Fellaini. Schweinsteiger simply is one of the most overrated players in the world. He has his moments but is general stats goalscoring, tackling, passing are average and in England he would play as he needs space and time to thrive on.

Back in 2009 I fuckin knew not signing Yaya Toure would gonna haunt us, even though we had Deco, Ballack and Essien, lampard even in a sort of form at that time and even tough he is a cunt.

Think it is a good idea to buy an older midfieldr not to impede Josh/Kdb's development, but you have to remember, neither kdb nor probably even josh are players for a double pivot better than for a 4-3-3 ( I wonder if there actually are player suited for double pivot that are younger than 25)

Vidal and Schweini are not that much better than Fellaini. Schweinsteiger simply is one of the most overrated players in the world. He has his moments but is general stats goalscoring, tackling, passing are average and in England he would play as he needs space and time to thrive on.

Back in 2009 I fuckin knew not signing Yaya Toure would gonna haunt us, even though we had Deco, Ballack and Essien, lampard even in a sort of form at that time and even tough he is a cunt.

Think it is a good idea to buy an older midfieldr not to impede Josh/Kdb's development, but you have to remember, neither kdb nor probably even josh are players for a double pivot better than for a 4-3-3 ( I wonder if there actually are player suited for double pivot that are younger than 25)

Schweini is class player, maybe he gives that feeling like he is not that good, but have you

wonder why is Bayern so sucessful? Bastian is their motor, while Robben has problems with inconsistency, Ribery and Schweini are most. important players at Bayern. And about his stats: he is CM, not CAM. His role is not to give assists, but to make that pass that leads to goal eventualy. Xabi Alonso also has similar stats to Schweini, but he is most important player at Real, not Ronaldo or Ozil.

CMs dont have great stats in goals or assists, check their pass accuracy, tackles, creating chances, dictating game, long balls, etc.

If Bastian wouldnt be class player, Bayern wouldnt play in CL finals two times in last four years. And to say that Fellaini is almost as good as Vidal or Schweini...just telling that Fellaini never played in CL before Is enough.

Schweini is class player, maybe he gives that feeling like he is not that good, but have you

wonder why is Bayern so sucessful? Bastian is their motor, while Robben has problems with inconsistency, Ribery and Schweini are most. important players at Bayern. And about his stats: he is CM, not CAM. His role is not to give assists, but to make that pass that leads to goal eventualy. Xabi Alonso also has similar stats to Schweini, but he is most important player at Real, not Ronaldo or Ozil.

CMs dont have great stats in goals or assists, check their pass accuracy, tackles, creating chances, dictating game, long balls, etc.

If Bastian wouldnt be class player, Bayern wouldnt play in CL finals two times in last four years. And to say that Fellaini is almost as good as Vidal or Schweini...just telling that Fellaini never played in CL before Is enough.

Ahem... because Bundesliga is shit and Bayern have extreme luck in any of their CL runs. Their only strong opponents were Real and ManU and both somehow fucked it up completely, losing the game in munich due to late, late goals bayern always score because of what we call "Bayerndusel". But trust me as an experienced watcher of Bundesliga and German national team, Schweinsteiger does not only have anything to do with their "success" ( Neither Bayern nor Germany nor any other German Team have won a single major trophy on whatever level in more than 10 years) he's been constantly the guy fuckin it up in crunch time.

Schweini never was and never will be the world class player the German media wish/dream he was.

The last one is ridiculous. Neymar is also better than (ok, it would be unfair to say Torres^^) Nils Petersen or most strikers currently playing CL without ever having done so himself.

Ahem... because Bundesliga is shit and Bayern have extreme luck in any of their CL runs. Their only strong opponents were Real and ManU and both somehow fucked it up completely, losing the game in munich due to late, late goals bayern always score because of what we call "Bayerndusel". But trust me as an experienced watcher of Bundesliga and German national team, Schweinsteiger does not only have anything to do with their "success" ( Neither Bayern nor Germany nor any other German Team have won a single major trophy on whatever level in more than 10 years) he's been constantly the guy fuckin it up in crunch time.

Schweini never was and never will be the world class player the German media wish/dream he was.

The last one is ridiculous. Neymar is also better than (ok, it would be unfair to say Torres^^) Nils Petersen or most strikers currently playing CL without ever having done so himself.

So basicaly you are saying that if you had 40mio

available you would choose Fellaini over Schweinsteiger?

His average of pass acuraccy is 88,6 percent, while Xabi Alonso has average of 81.7. And we all know that Xabi is fantastic passer. Schweini makes 9 long balls (acurate) per game, area

we lack big time. Just check whoscored to see

more info about Bastian and compare him to Toure, Alonso, Fellaini and DeRossi.

And you are saying BuLi is shit? Well Dortmund is playing better than City and Real so far just for you to know. And its not just luck that Bayern got to finals twice.

So basicaly you are saying that if you had 40mio

available you would choose Fellaini over Schweinsteiger?

His average of pass acuraccy is 88,6 percent, while Xabi Alonso has average of 81.7. And we all know that Xabi is fantastic passer. Schweini makes 9 long balls (acurate) per game, area

we lack big time. Just check whoscored to see

more info about Bastian and compare him to Toure, Alonso, Fellaini and DeRossi.

And you are saying BuLi is shit? Well Dortmund is playing better than City and Real so far just for you to know. And its not just luck that Bayern got to finals twice.

Neither is worth 40m. But yes I'd rather have Fellaini than Schweinsteiger here, esp as Schweini is 28 and already declining whereas Fellaini is 24 and his best is yet to come. No idea which period of time these statistics cover, but Xabi has detoriated this season, maybe i'll check that out. And yes, buLi is shit. Don't know what that has to do with Dortmund playing good football. Also Shakthar play good football and Ukranian league is shit. It was luck Bayern won against ManU (2010) and Real (2011). Their other opponents in the k.o. stages were fiorentina, lyon and Basel, Marseille. All those teams ARE shit as is the bundesliga. Even if they were in finals. Narrowly missing out is no success. Unfortunately, German football is not even close to being as great as everyone says, esp as most Germans persuade themselves of, I also had to face that. Narrowly beating a far superior side on two occasions is fairly possible with luck, as a Chelsea fan might know, but it is no coincidence the trophy board of German football has not changed at all since 11 years.

Neither is worth 40m. But yes I'd rather have Fellaini than Schweinsteiger here, esp as Schweini is 28 and already declining whereas Fellaini is 24 and his best is yet to come. No idea which period of time these statistics cover, but Xabi has detoriated this season, maybe i'll check that out. And yes, buLi is shit. Don't know what that has to do with Dortmund playing good football. Also Shakthar play good football and Ukranian league is shit. It was luck Bayern won against ManU (2010) and Real (2011). Their other opponents in the k.o. stages were fiorentina, lyon and Basel, Marseille. All those teams ARE shit as is the bundesliga. Even if they were in finals. Narrowly missing out is no success. Unfortunately, German football is not even close to being as great as everyone says, esp as most Germans persuade themselves of, I also had to face that. Narrowly beating a far superior side on two occasions is fairly possible with luck, as a Chelsea fan might know, but it is no coincidence the trophy board of German football has not changed at all since 11 years.

And Schalke beats Arsenal. Irony isnt it?

And germans took one CL spot from Italians. Probably because they are shit right?

Anyway, I dont realy care about german football, I was closely looking only at Bayern, BDortmund and Schalke. This three clubs have some very good players. Bayern was never club I would realy like to watch, but Schweini was very good in past few years. And so was Bayern and Germany. German NT was so unlucky in last two tournaments, they deserved more if you ask me.

And those stats are actualy from this season btw. I was quite surprised too...

Anyway, if we spend 40mio on Fellaini, I would be dissapointed. He is worth max 20mio. But I wont have anything against it. While Schweini was only wish and obviously, it will never happen. Der Rossi would also be great buy.

Now I would like to end the discusion :)

And Schalke beats Arsenal. Irony isnt it?

And germans took one CL spot from Italians. Probably because they are shit right?

Anyway, I dont realy care about german football, I was closely looking only at Bayern, BDortmund and Schalke. This three clubs have some very good players. Bayern was never club I would realy like to watch, but Schweini was very good in past few years. And so was Bayern and Germany. German NT was so unlucky in last two tournaments, they deserved more if you ask me.

And those stats are actualy from this season btw. I was quite surprised too...

Anyway, if we spend 40mio on Fellaini, I would be dissapointed. He is worth max 20mio. But I wont have anything against it. While Schweini was only wish and obviously, it will never happen. Der Rossi would also be great buy.

Now I would like to end the discusion :)

I'd say it was more German arrogance that lost them tournaments in the last decade. "Yar ve vill vin becuz ve arr German." They always go into a tournament with such arrogance, it's strange.

The walked into the Italy game thinking they had already won and what happens? Balotelli has the game of his life. Bayern Munich thought they could just stroll past Chelsea "Becuz dist iz our city, our stadium arnd our trophy" and not only that they practically stopped playing after Muller scored that header.

The German are efficient and perfect till the stakes are high at the business end of a tournament, then they fuck up magnificently. Kind of like both World Wars.

I'd say it was more German arrogance that lost them tournaments in the last decade. "Yar ve vill vin becuz ve arr German." They always go into a tournament with such arrogance, it's strange.

The walked into the Italy game thinking they had already won and what happens? Balotelli has the game of his life. Bayern Munich thought they could just stroll past Chelsea "Becuz dist iz our city, our stadium arnd our trophy" and not only that they practically stopped playing after Muller scored that header.

The German are efficient and perfect till the stakes are high at the business end of a tournament, then they fuck up magnificently. Kind of like both World Wars.

Well I realy liked germans in WC 2010 with their young team and fantastic football. They lost to

spain, but were equaly good opponent in that game. I remember when Lahm? (or someone) said that 'once you have ball in possession against Spain, you just dont know what to do'.

That football was pure joy to watch. Definately most beautiful football on NT level since Brasilian 'samba'. The speed, efficiency, skill, defending. Ozil, Muller, Khedira realy had great

tournament back then.

I know it's been well discussed in Germany bla bla bla but you can't deny the lack of characters and leadership. There's no player in the German NT that is comparable to the likes of Ballack, Kahn, Frings etc, when it comes to attitude. If you have to rely on Lahm as our captain it does tell you the whole story.

Hahaha the stuff in bold. Its true though what your saying, the current German national team and league sides are rather pathetic mentally when it comes to the semi finals/finals. It showed vs Italy in the Euros. The older German national teams were nothing like this at all. Fuck knows where it has all gone wrong for them haha.

Hahaha the stuff in bold. Its true though what your saying, the current German national team and league sides are rather pathetic mentally when it comes to the semi finals/finals. It showed vs Italy in the Euros. The older German national teams were nothing like this at all. Fuck knows where it has all gone wrong for them haha.

In saying all that and agreeing 100%, ya could see the basterds being ready for 2014 world cup, Belgium Germany Final would be nice.

In saying all that and agreeing 100%, ya could see the basterds being ready for 2014 world cup, Belgium Germany Final would be nice.

Just depends. I think Joachim Low isn't the best manager to instill a "winners mentalilty" in the Germany camp tbh. Neither was Jurgen Klinnsman (probably spelt wrong). Germany need a Fergie/Mourinho/Van Gaal/Capello type of coach who has won major trophies, isn't scared of offending their players and instill that sort of mentality. If they were mentally strong and continued playing as well as they have been the last 10 years they'd win a major competition for sure.

Just depends. I think Joachim Low isn't the best manager to instill a "winners mentalilty" in the Germany camp tbh. Neither was Jurgen Klinnsman (probably spelt wrong). Germany need a Fergie/Mourinho/Van Gaal/Capello type of coach who has won major trophies, isn't scared of offending their players and instill that sort of mentality. If they were mentally strong and continued playing as well as they have been the last 10 years they'd win a major competition for sure.

Plenty of time tho, alot can happen in 2 years. if mourinho wins the CL with madrid, he's as good as gone, he could even be their like, not saying its likely but its far impossible.

Plenty of time tho, alot can happen in 2 years. if mourinho wins the CL with madrid, he's as good as gone, he could even be their like, not saying its likely but its far impossible.

Mourinho will come back to Chelsea before he goes into international management. Hopefully we will get to see him as an international manager but that won't be until his 70s at least as hes said haha. I'm sure the SFA would be interested hahahaha :Goober:

I really don't understand what I'm reading in this topic sometimes. Also strange to see that this board hugely dislikes a player like Fellaini while almost all premier league analytics are praising him week after week.

Fellaini has played on numerous positions the last years (Standard de Liege & Everton). Don't think he's just an attacking midfielder, with the same ease he can play as a DM. The only thing we need to work out in our system is to play with a triangle in the middle. Fellaini can both play in the rear point or the front point (as you wish to swap the triangle). The lad is just a massive powerhouse, who has a good technique and scoring abilities. I mean... he has so many key assets that it's hard to be against him. I know he looks rather slow in his movement, also slowing things down and giving the impression that his passing isn't that good... but figures show he was the best tackler in EPL last season, had a more then decent passing % (did better as a DM than AM as it comes to passing %) and just wins about ANY header or 50-50s in midfield. Fellaini is actually just the guy that any coach would love to have in his CM position.

I took me a while to like him as a player... so I know that a lot of you guys are where I was 2 years ago. But actually at the national team I really started to see what this guy actually does during games. He's like absolutely EVERYWHERE on the pitch... fighting out duels and wins most of them (also fouling some but that is getting better). He must have 6 longues because even at the 80th minute you can find him defending the opposing winger at your own corner flag... and seconds later you will see him heading the ball through to the attacker in the box of the opponents... really impressive!

What I think is important... is that a guy like Fellaini (just like Mikel) allows your creative midfielders & wingers to put their minds mostly on attack without the worry that them dribbling would cause a lot of problems when losing the ball. Fellaini would give you that rest you need to have... to know you can just try to force something when he's in your back. Players like Mata, Oscar, Hazard & Marin will be able to play more offensively... (or at least less defensively) & guys like Ramires AND De Bruyne will find it very comfortable to have this guy in support next to them.

The last few weeks... our brilliant trio Hazard, Mata, Oscar have lost a little of their brilliance... purely because these guys play at their best when their mind is 70% on attack and 30% on defense. The last few games it was almost 50-50 or even 40-60. You see that their defense work costs a lot of effort which they lose in attack. For me that's one of the reasons why Hazard hasn't really been as impressive as in the beginning of the season. If you keep those 3 having such a big role in defense... you need to rest them a lot! If we don't do this... you end up with games in which they seem not to be giving it their most.

I don't see Fellaini should be replacing Mikel (since I really like the way Mikel plays as well), but saying Fellaini is of absolutely no use with us... looks like some talk of Mikel lovers who are afraid that he would take his position.

I would play a 4-3-3 with a 4 man defense, a triangle in the middle with the point in the back (this would be Mikel or Fellaini) with Mata & Debruyne as the front part of the triangle. Hazard & Oscar on the wings... and a ST (Torres or Sturridge) up front.

-----------Torres---------------

Hazard------------------Oscar

----------Mata---KDB----------

----------Mikel/Fellaini---------

Ash----Luiz-------JT------Ivan

------------Czech---------------

ps: This doesn't mean that I think he's worth £40millon!!

Mourinho will come back to Chelsea before he goes into international management. Hopefully we will get to see him as an international manager but that won't be until his 70s at least as hes said haha. I'm sure the SFA would be interested hahahaha :Goober:

I dam hope so anyway. Only man i'd want to replace RDM anyway and even then only after a reasonable amount of time.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You