Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

What is Fellaini? The kind of useful player that could walk in to most teams in the world and do well. No idea why he's so underrated on this board. He might not be the most gracious player to look at but claiming he doesn't pass well is ridiculous.

He's almost unplayable when he has a good day, his chest control is arguably the best you're gonna see in football, he's a really good header of the ball and for a big lad with such a weird looking physique he's remarkably good with his feet as well.

I've got a feeling you haven't actually seen him play often.

Wether he fits in to the way Chelsea plays at the moment is something entirely different.

Actualy there are two simple reasons:

-He wont fit this team

-He is NOT worth 30mio

He is actualy good player, but we dont need such kind of expensive player.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He cant destroy midfield or be deep playmaker!

Fuck for 30 mio we would get some wanabe CM that actualy plays CAM!

Double pivot is pair of;

1.) Strong, pacey DM who can tackle, intercept and sometimes shots from long distance. But he always plays in midfield, never in attack (examples; Essien, De Rossi)

2.) Creative CM who can tackle as well, but his role is to dictate the midfield. Must be inteligent, mark the midfield and be great passer. Long and short passes (Modric, Ever Banega, Benat,...)

Sure there are mixes like Xabi Alonso or Vidal (destructor and playmaker)

But tell me, what is fellaini? He is not great tackler, nor playmaker. He cant pass, he cant shot from distance, he is not great interceptor, not creative etc.) He is just tall and whole Everton team plays on him and obviously he scores some goals since he plays instead on CM/DM position, CAM or second striker. Got it? And nowhere near worth 30mio. He doesnt fit this team either. He is not inteligent to dictate midfield, disciplined to be DM and we dont need another Cam. My opinion.

sure, just play mata, hazard, oscar for the whole season. they're barely getting rested so far.

Go back a page and look at the stats I posted, ones of Felliaini behind the striker then the ones of him playing as a CM. He'd be a shit CM for us, far too sloppy. Especially in a team whose emphasis is on possession.

There is a huge difference in class between the players Chelsea put out on the field, and a team like Everton. When you have better players to play with, you are able to play better. You think passing to Mata, Hazard, Oscar and Torres is the same as what hes doing over there? No.

Its hardly fair to judge a player on a far worse team with a simple head to head of stats. Going by a simple eye test I can tell Fellaini has been 3 times as good as Mikel this season.

He's hardly sloppy, hes great on the ball, and he looks to move the ball forward far more than Mikel.

Asking the ball and winning aerial challenges against Michael Carrick was such an oustanding achievement for the 1st game of the season. So was sending the ball onto the Hawthorns' roof 2 yards away from the open goal at WBA several weeks after. But nobody was there to say it.

Mata has missed more sitters than Torres this season, yet we hear nothing on this board about it. But its easy to make things look bad when you're selective with your criticism.

Mata has missed more sitters than Torres this season, yet we hear nothing on this board about it. But its easy to make things look bad when you're selective with your criticism.

What would you rather have:

1) A player who misses 1000 sitters, but scores 20.

2) A player who misses 100 sitters, but scores 5.

There is a huge difference in class between the players Chelsea put out on the field, and a team like Everton. When you have better players to play with, you are able to play better. You think passing to Mata, Hazard, Oscar and Torres is the same as what hes doing over there? No.

Its hardly fair to judge a player on a far worse team with a simple head to head of stats. Going by a simple eye test I can tell Fellaini has been 3 times as good as Mikel this season.

He's hardly sloppy, hes great on the ball, and he looks to move the ball forward far more than Mikel.

I beg to differ tbh. Mikel has been excellent, in terms of distributing the ball and making vital tackles/interceptions. Fellaini is excelling behind the striker because he can use his size to great affect (to draw fouls, win the first and second ball). Fellaini wouldn't walk in to our team in the double pivot or the 3 behind the striker. Thats a fact. He is completely average technically, passing is slow and labored, isn't creative, gets caught on the ball too often and gives away a lot of fouls. Just because hes playing well right now doesn't mean we should sign him wait until he has a slump in form and everyone will be saying about how we were right to avoid him. The Everton team is built around Fellaini, they play to his strengths. We try to play to Torres/Mata/Hazard/Oscars strengths at Chelsea.

What would you rather have:

1) A player who misses 1000 sitters, but scores 20.

2) A player who misses 100 sitters, but scores 5.

The thing about your post's, is that like many things, politicians, religion, advertisement they sound good, but in reality they dont mean anything.

Missing a 1000 but scoring 20 could be as useless to your team as scoring 5 in 100 misses, good example, drogba 6 goals in 36 games last year, a terrible stat, but he scored when it mattered and at the end of the day, that ALL that mattered.

30mill is way too high for fellani and i'd imagine i'd be closer to 25 or maybe even 20, everton arnt greedy and nothing in their transfer past says anything different either, now i would like to see fellani, i think he's better then mikel tho i wouldnt play him their, i actually think he'd be better use as being rotated between DM and CAM, for example lets say we play stoke or west ham? a big physical team, well play him instead of one of the 3 amigo's so it nullifies the effect of being "bullied" of the ball, thats just one example of why i'd like him anyway.

I'd take option 2, cause the player's conversion rate is 5% compared to option 1 which is only 2%..

Your crazy haha! The player who scores more goals is the obvious choice. Problem is Mata is an attacking midfielder where as Torres is a striker. I'd rather a striker scoring 20 goals a season than a striker scoring 5 goals a season.

Your crazy haha! The player who scores more goals is the obvious choice. Problem is Mata is an attacking midfielder where as Torres is a striker. I'd rather a striker scoring 20 goals a season than a striker scoring 5 goals a season.

Well obviously we all want a striker to score 20 goals a season...I was only talking about conversion rate based on the examples given!

Also, if your missing 1000 sitters, you shouldn't be called a striker :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You