Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Fellaini has no technique?

https://www.youtube....h?v=bvOZxLEk6Ew

Youtube highlights prove nothing. A good video editor could make Heskey look world class through youtube.

Aside from that I agree with your point. To cut it at the top level, no one can be purely physical and Fellaini must be at least competent skill-wise.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youtube highlights prove nothing. A good video editor could make Heskey look world class through youtube.

Aside from that I agree with your point. To cut it at the top level, no one can be purely physical and Fellaini must be at least competent skill-wise.

I agree youtube videos are very deceitful, that's why I merely used a specific example of Fellani showing some skill that I recall from memory and not some highlight show. He is very powerful and can drive well, but isn't as technically inept as one would think for sure.

It would be a nice signing IMO. I have the feeling the team shouldn't have offloaded both Meireles and Essien because now the options for the troublesome central midfield are even more limited. Not sure if the Lamps-Mikel partnership is going to improve but so far it raises some concerns. Fellaini is lately being used for more attacking positions but I believe he can also do a pretty good job with more defensive minded approach in the cenral midfield and provide some variery in that zone.

He's slow, technically he can give very good lay backs for his team mates after a chest trap by example. But otherwise he's slow in terms of speed, with the ball and execution.

Another technical aspect is the passing game, he's average/mediocre, his passes aren't clean, has rebounds.

I don't regard him as a technical player at all. Because he has nor the overall technical quality with the ball on ground nor the speed of execution in my eyes

Nobody said he's a technical player, his game is very different to that. I'm not championing the idea to buy him (wanted Witsel) but I will say he is a very good player that can only get better. Sure his passing game is unspectacular but he is still statistically above the average. Where Fellaini excels is in retaining the ball and tackling:

Fellaini-Vi.jpgFellaini-Vii.jpg (these numbers could be a reflection of the top teams having a greater share of possession, so lesser teams players added.)

Furthermore, he was number 1 (127) last year in the EPL's tackling department with number 2 being Song (110) and number 3 being Youssuf Mulumbu (108). Can't deny Fellaini would certainly give the likes of Oscar, Mata and Hazard a greater freedom to bomb forward when you have a player that dominates these fields so drastically:

FELLAINI-CHART-AMENDED.jpg

He could certainly give our team that defensive balance it needs. You wouldn't buy him to be that technical spark,we know his abilities excel in different departments of the game. Sure his passing is unspectacular, but when he has the ball he rarely loses it. You can't forget this guy is 24 years old and he will only get better with time aswell.

I would take Fellani any day, the guy is a boss with the ball. People saying technically he isn't good confuse me as his control and passing seems to be getting better as he goes along. His running off the ball is good. He offers a threat in the air from corners which Mikel doesn't. I cant remember the last time I saw Mikel attack the ball in the box. He runs forward with the ball better than Mikel. His disallowed goal against Newcastle last night was a great bit of play between him and Pienaar, and shows how well he runs off the ball, and its not the first time I have thought he moves well.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You