Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys above would buy Fellaini to score goals?!

I thought that is striker's job...

Well, at Everton he plays as an attacking midfielder just behind striker Jelavic. That's the position he has excelled in the most in my opinion.

As a Belgian, I'm not sure if Fellaini is the right player for Chelsea. If you play Fellaini in the same role as Everton does, as an attacking midfielder, it has an influence on the way your team is playing. In the national team we noticed that the team is actually playing better without Fellaini. He is so strong and wins almost every high ball causing his teammates to play high balls more often.

I'm not saying that Fellaini is not a technical player, he is actually pretty good with his feet, but I don't think he would fit in as an attacking midfielder at one of the topclubs. At Chelsea, Man Utd, City,... other things are demanded from an attacking midfielder then at a club like Everton.

Well, at Everton he plays as an attacking midfielder just behind striker Jelavic. That's the position he has excelled in the most in my opinion.

As a Belgian, I'm not sure if Fellaini is the right player for Chelsea. If you play Fellaini in the same role as Everton does, as an attacking midfielder, it has an influence on the way your team is playing. In the national team we noticed that the team is actually playing better without Fellaini. He is so strong and wins almost every high ball causing his teammates to play high balls more often.

I'm not saying that Fellaini is not a technical player, he is actually pretty good with his feet, but I don't think he would fit in as an attacking midfielder at one of the topclubs. At Chelsea, Man Utd, City,... other things are demanded from an attacking midfielder then at a club like Everton.

100% Agree - most sensible post I have read yet :)

We've been buying versatile players and Fellani fits the description. He can play as a B2B, DM, CAM/SS.

---Mikel--Oscar-----

Mata-Fellaini-Hazard

or

---Ramires--Fellaini--

Mata---Oscar-Hazard

or

--Mikel---Fellaini--

Mata--Oscar-Hazard

or

----Mikel--Ramires---

--Mata--------Hazard-

------Fellaini-----------

-------------Torres---

We can change up our whole gameplan by buying Fellani at any given time. I can see why a lot of people are for this, I can see why a lot of people are against it. Would be an interesting buy imo, but I'm not sure about the pricetag at all.

So, while Fellaini seems to be good enough when playing as a CAM, we have both players and cover for that position. The big question mark is whether he can do a good job, and develop, as a CM. I remember having mixed feelings about his performances in the CM role, but he may have improved since then.

Could get him as a striker ^^

Get someone who can cross well (KDB anyone) and watch those headers fly in.

In all fairness if we are going to go down the route of a false 9 he wouldn't be the worst choice. He has the presence to occupy two players at any one time which creates more space for our three behind him. He is also infinitely better than Torres at holding up the ball which breaks down a lot of moves for us.

He has shown great awareness of his runs into the box this season, and we'd finally have a target to aim for when crossing from wide positions.

If he were to drop back into pockets of space (expected as not a natural striker) it also gives space in behind for others to run beyond him, confident that he'll be able to flick balls on or hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Fellani is more of a CAM than a CM/DM

. We have enough CAM's. I rarely see him make a tackle and win possesion from deep for his team.

We are only over the top for him because of his height.

We need a (scholes, modric, pirlo, yayatoure, schwienstiger, xabialonso, benat) a deep defensive playmaker to ease the pressure from mazacar when they are marked. And we all know mikel and ramires can't play defence splitting passes from deep.

Answer = fernadinho(plays like yayatoure)

I would take Fellaini any time. Seems like special player. But problem is his price. He is just not worth or with other words we need to spend those 40mio for striker. For 40mio, you probably get any of Derossi, Vidal or Schweini...Fellaini is not in their class unfortunely.

Besides, we have Mikel, Rambo, Romeu and Kdb next year to play in pivot pair. Essien joins us too. That is 5 players. Enough to rotate. If we are buying CM this january (since we will only have Rambo and Romeu + maybe Lamps available) I hope we buy older player, because he wont destroy development of our younger players as well he will give us some experience to midfield. Possible choices are Derossi or Schweini (but he is probably Bayern bound, no matter how big offer we might send).

Maybe Fernandinho would be good option, since he wouldnt cost that much.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You