Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sahin was more linked with Arsenal and Liverpool back then, wasn't he?

Sure, but with Mou connection with Chelsea, he wanted Essien and we would need good cm, our board could try to make a deal, instead we just left Essien and got no CM replacement.

But I think Mou wants Sahin back eventualy and we might wanted him permamently (with option to buy at the end of loan). I guess Mou then decided to put him in Lpool since Xabi Alonso t

played there and Sahin supposed to be Xabi's replacement.

No way we should sign fellaini in january for 30m.He is a good player but he will not fit in our system.

What is this based on? We're building a base of Belgium players already, and all are young and for the future. Buying him would be perfect.

To be honest, I was skeptical about him as a player based on last season, but now it seems as if hes taken his play to the next level. Hes looking as good as Yaya Toure out there. Doing everything. Brilliant at defending, keeps the ball well, great at tracking and hes offensively gifted too chipping in with goals when his team needs it. Great aerial threat too.

I would love him on our team for 30 mil, because to be honest, I don't think its a stretch by any means to say hes been the best player in the EPL this season.

What is this based on? We're building a base of Belgium players already, and all are young and for the future. Buying him would be perfect.

To be honest, I was skeptical about him as a player based on last season, but now it seems as if hes taken his play to the next level. Hes looking as good as Yaya Toure out there. Doing everything. Brilliant at defending, keeps the ball well, great at tracking and hes offensively gifted too chipping in with goals when his team needs it. Great aerial threat too.

I would love him on our team for 30 mil, because to be honest, I don't think its a stretch by any means to say hes been the best player in the EPL this season.

Why would it be perfect for the team? You've explain why he is a good player but you have not explained why he is good for the team.

Fellaini at Everton has been playing as a Second Striker or Attacking Midfielder if you will, he is so far up the pitch so often, it's hard to call him anything else. Can he play that role at Chelsea with Oscar, Mata and Hazard all exceling there? Fellaini is almost bringing back the old school 'little man, big man' tactic from the 90s, 80s and 70s.

Again I ask, what role will Fellaini play for the team?

Wow, this is basically the only English football board on the internet right now that wouldn't sign him. Interesting.

He deserves more credit, imo. He could control a newborn on his chest while singing a lullaby so the mother could have some rest. #ThingsFellainiCouldControlOnHisChest

Wow, this is basically the only English football board on the internet right now that wouldn't sign him. Interesting.

Neither would MU, you need a deep lying playmaker next to him which MU & Chelsea don't have, he just doesn't fit in like people have said before. He's a great player but you need the right players to support him, his best choice in the EPL would be Arsenal next to Arteta who covers a lot defensively when going forward but I don't see him going to Arsenal because they don't splash money and at the moment you can almost say it's a stepdown, I think he's going abroad after this season if Everton don't finish 4th.

Chelsea

Neither would MU, you need a deep lying playmaker next to him which MU & Chelsea don't have, he just doesn't fit in like people have said before. He's a great player but you need the right players to support him, his best choice in the EPL would be Arsenal next to Arteta who covers a lot defensively when going forward but I don't see him going to Arsenal because they don't splash money and at the moment you can almost say it's a stepdown, I think he's going abroad after this season if Everton don't finish 4th.

And if we recall KDB from loan? This could be a nice pairing for our double pivot

Chelsea

And if we recall KDB from loan? This could be a nice pairing for our double pivot

And benching Mikel and Rambo?

For 30mio, you already get Vidal or De Rossi if they would want to go...If we are going after DM, lets be upgrade on Mikel. Fellaini is not an upgrade.

For 30mio, you already get Vidal or De Rossi if they would want to go...If we are going after DM, lets be upgrade on Mikel. Fellaini is not an upgrade.

Exactly. Fuck buying an average player for 30 million when we could buy a top top quality player for 30 million.

yes, he is. he has technique and can score.

Go back a page and look at the stats I posted, ones of Felliaini behind the striker then the ones of him playing as a CM. He'd be a shit CM for us, far too sloppy. Especially in a team whose emphasis is on possession.

yes, he is. he has technique and can score.

He cant destroy midfield or be deep playmaker!

Fuck for 30 mio we would get some wanabe CM that actualy plays CAM!

Double pivot is pair of;

1.) Strong, pacey DM who can tackle, intercept and sometimes shots from long distance. But he always plays in midfield, never in attack (examples; Essien, De Rossi)

2.) Creative CM who can tackle as well, but his role is to dictate the midfield. Must be inteligent, mark the midfield and be great passer. Long and short passes (Modric, Ever Banega, Benat,...)

Sure there are mixes like Xabi Alonso or Vidal (destructor and playmaker)

But tell me, what is fellaini? He is not great tackler, nor playmaker. He cant pass, he cant shot from distance, he is not great interceptor, not creative etc.) He is just tall and whole Everton team plays on him and obviously he scores some goals since he plays instead on CM/DM position, CAM or second striker. Got it? And nowhere near worth 30mio. He doesnt fit this team either. He is not inteligent to dictate midfield, disciplined to be DM and we dont need another Cam. My opinion.

He cant destroy midfield or be deep playmaker!

Fuck for 30 mio we would get some wanabe CM that actualy plays CAM!

Double pivot is pair of;

1.) Strong, pacey DM who can tackle, intercept and sometimes shots from long distance. But he always plays in midfield, never in attack (examples; Essien, De Rossi)

2.) Creative CM who can tackle as well, but his role is to dictate the midfield. Must be inteligent, mark the midfield and be great passer. Long and short passes (Modric, Ever Banega, Benat,...)

Sure there are mixes like Xabi Alonso or Vidal (destructor and playmaker)

But tell me, what is fellaini? He is not great tackler, nor playmaker. He cant pass, he cant shot from distance, he is not great interceptor, not creative etc.) He is just tall and whole Everton team plays on him and obviously he scores some goals since he plays instead on CM/DM position, CAM or second striker. Got it? And nowhere near worth 30mio. He doesnt fit this team either. He is not inteligent to dictate midfield, disciplined to be DM and we dont need another Cam. My opinion.

What is Fellaini? The kind of useful player that could walk in to most teams in the world and do well. No idea why he's so underrated on this board. He might not be the most gracious player to look at but claiming he doesn't pass well is ridiculous.

He's almost unplayable when he has a good day, his chest control is arguably the best you're gonna see in football, he's a really good header of the ball and for a big lad with such a weird looking physique he's remarkably good with his feet as well.

I've got a feeling you haven't actually seen him play often.

Wether he fits in to the way Chelsea plays at the moment is something entirely different.

Torres made 4 goals from 20 shots.

Average good striker already has 50-60 shots and obviously more goals.

The point is that Torres doesnt shots enough. More shots, more goals and eventualy better difference with more confidence.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You