Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

He's a mediocre footballer, just a tough defender (not all round for all that) and mighty target man. He's often horrible with his feet, cannot make 15+ yards passes etc... For £25m it would be a complete madness.

We need a bully, a thug in midfield. So what if he has no technique? He has more positional discipline than Lampard or Ramires.

Everton bought him for 16m and they won't sell him below 25.

I was surprised we didn't sign Taarabt two years ago... Surprisingly considering he said he had contacts with Chelsea... I still don't understand. And I can't imagine he said he had contacts even if it never had been any. Would he have lied, over stating things ?

Come on people, it's been 5 years he's at Everton, if he was that good he wouldn't be at Everton for a long time...

A lot of people really started to take notice of Fellaini (ability wise) from around winter time last season. Well at least i did anyway. The guy is still only 24 and he's been at Everton that long because he just wasn't good enough in his early years, was very raw, bit too aggressive etc. Also your painting out Everton as though there a bad side. There League finished have been 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th in the last 5 years. No one ever says Fellaini is 'world class' or anything like that, majority say he's a good player which he is and like i said earlier is only 24

I think Fellaini is a good player, but where does he fit?. He's not a deep-lying midfielder and he's not a defensive midfielder so Chelsea get him and then what? So far this season, he's been playing a very attacking role, sort of like a #10 which is absolutely the last thing Chelsea need. You can't just keep buying players just because they're good.

I think Fellaini is a good player, but where does he fit?. He's not a deep-lying midfielder and he's not a defensive midfielder so Chelsea get him and then what? So far this season, he's been playing a very attacking role, sort of like a #10 which is absolutely the last thing Chelsea need. You can't just keep buying players just because they're good.

pretty sure he is a defensive midfielder.

recently at everton though they have been pushing him up the pitch, so hes got a few goals. but his main poistion is just infront of the defence, and he plays it well. would be a great signing for us. and just read somewhere that he has said this will be his last season with everton...

I was surprised we didn't sign Taarabt two years ago... Surprisingly considering he said he had contacts with Chelsea... I still don't understand. And I can't imagine he said he had contacts even if it never had been any. Would he have lied, over stating things ?

Come on people, it's been 5 years he's at Everton, if he was that good he wouldn't be at Everton for a long time...

i agree, Taarabt was immense 2 seasons ago and i was a huge fan of the idea of him coming to CFC, although he played por last year he admitted he was distracted by the attention in France.

as for your latter point, the people need a transfer saga and will go leaps and bounds to start one.

recently at everton though they have been pushing him up the pitch, so hes got a few goals. but his main poistion is just infront of the defence, and he plays it well. would be a great signing for us. and just read somewhere that he has said this will be his last season with everton...

Look where he's played so far this season. In all 3 games, he played behind the striker. (Check out soccernet's excellent "average position" in "tactical formation" in gamecast for proof of this). In fact, against ManU, he played as far forward as Jelavic. Had a look at some games from last year as well, and I wasn't really a defensive midfielder then either. Rodwell played that roll. He was more of a box to box central midfielder (IMO, what he's best suited for). Good player, just doesn't fit Chelsea.

No. Fellaini did not play well when used as a DM at Everton. If you bother to look at Everton games in the past 2-3 season where he is being played at DM, you can see that he is pretty average and certainly not the same Fellaini right now. He's not mobile enough and tends to be clumsy with his challenges, which can lead to giving oppositions free kicks in dangerous areas.

If you still think Fellaini is a DM you've obviously completely ignored him over the last few seasons. He doesn't play that role anymore. Might make a rare appearance as one but the majority of his appearances have been behind the striker or just as a pure B2B midfielder.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You