Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His best performance in a Everton shirt was the 4-4 draw vs United at old trafford and then he played in the double pivot mate :)

No he didn't. Neville and Gibson did. Fellaini played in the more attacking role as a CAM/second striker like he did tonight against United. He ain't gonna be playing that role if he comes here.

His best performance in a Everton shirt was the 4-4 draw vs United at old trafford and then he played in the double pivot mate :)

he played off the striker in that game too.

I told you bastards months ago how good he is, listen to me more. also we have no need to sell him so try your luck next year.

Though tbh even if they would sell him to us, his price tag would have just shot up from 15 mil to 30 mil, especially when they found out we want him. Also fellani gets to play how he wants at everton and be the star, go up then drop deep etc, here he would have to be much more disciplined and it wouldn't get the best out of him... With the exception of monetary reasons it wouldn't be a great decison by fellaini too be honest, but would love to have him... Also could chuck him up front and use him as a target man if we are chasing a game... Doubt greatly we are linked to him or it will happen.

He would be a great addition for our midfield, I've always rated him high. Him and Mikel would do wonders with Mata, Hazard and Marin in front of them.

Who knows, we did pull out Marin transfer out of nowhere...

I'm surprised how underrated he is here by some people. I've been impressed with Marouane for 2 seasons now.

Hopefully some of you changed your mind about his quality now. Yes, he has played in an advanced position which is vastly different then the one in defensive midfield is, but it is evident that he is a beast in air, has amazing stamina and work rate while he managed to send out some nice passes while being under massive pressure.

I would put him ahead of any of our players in the defensive midfield in a milisecond.

I've always rated him highly but a couple months ago I still thought we'd have no use for him. Seeing our midfield during pre-season and the first two competitive games, I've changed my mind and I think one new midfielder could be needed to complete the whole package. Fellaini is of course one of the possibilities if we were to buy someone, but sadly I can't see Everton selling him anymore, having sold Rodwell only a week ago. Or even if they did want to sell, the fee would have to be something out of this world and I think we'd be better off going after another target. Wouldn't hurt to try though, maybe we could get lucky in the negotiations. :halo:

Are we linked with him or people are just using this topic to discuss his skills?

We were sort of linked him in July, but the answer to your question would be the second one.

He is not better player than Mikel definitely, I'm not sure about Oriol and his condition at the moment but I think when he is at his best he is also better than Fellaini.

brilliant, brilliant display from him, very exceptional a one in 100 game for many footballers, his finest display I've ever seen.

if he was play'n like that every game he would be a world beater, a very decent player but doesn't play THAT well very often imho... but he played no DM this time around he played more as an CAM... but he did well his areal threat was very good against an ageing scholes and an reduced Utd defense...

Oscar All right

Hello, I'm Marouane Fellaini. Hey! I'm gonna do a lot of stuff on the pitch regardless of what is my role on the paper. If I run a lot, people won't see my weaknesses.

People, please open your eyes. Not just tonight against Michael Carildini...

Slow, mediocre on the ball, unable to manage rythm, very limited passing game. Tough tackles, kicks opponents a lot, wins challenges and used as a target man. Yeah, arguably the guy's PL's very best.

Football fans's ability to extrapolate everything really amazes me

His role on paper was to go up the pitch, hold up the play and trap long balls. I believe he did that very well. In fact, he did that and tracked back to help out defense. That's a lot of running for a massive guy like him, yet he done it well.

You say slow on the ball and unable to dictate the play? Well yeah, he is not a bloody playmaker, but a massive guy with massive hair who tackles around and sends the ball to someone more creative when under pressure. Yet, he is reliable and solid with the ball at his feet since he can keep it under pressure so it compensates for the lack of technical ability. His stamina is also very exceptional and whenever I've watched him play he was always very active on the pitch putting pressure around the opposition midfield.

On top of that all, his best performances have come when it really mattered. Whenever Everton played against big opponents, he was among the best players.

Yes, you can argue that we don't need players like that and I won't be dragged into discussion whether he is suitable for our formation since we can go on and on about the double pivot role, but you just can't deny that he is a very good player.

I would take Fellaini with his simple passing and kick ass defending over slowpoke relaxed Mikel in an instant. He is even younger then Mikel :ph34r:

I don't, is something wrong with me doc ? :(

Perhaps, but I'm not doing medicals for free B)

*regular attacking lineup

When we want to attack the opposition, put them under pressure and try going for counter attacks. Like on a regular PL game against Sunderland/Wigan...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You