Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

That is totally unfair under Sarri his stamina and work rate had improved massively, he was actually trusted as a CM because of it. The goal scoring might have been a purple patch but his overall game and stamina had improved massively. He wasn't just walking around on the pitch like he used to do previously

He was still walking about. I am unfortunate to have a ST and prior to last season went to a lot of away games too. Now, I am not sure if it is as easy to see TV, but he was most certainly still doing nothing off the ball and only did anything once the ball was played into his feet during that purple patch of his. 

Edited by King Kante

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Waste of time. Not going to improve this squad or starting 11. Unless TT does some sort of miracle coaching l

I saw some site hype him a couple days ago as the next BALLACK!!

roflmaooooo

as if RLC is all of a sudden going to produce around 180 or so goals (goals plus assists) in a 5 year span for club and country

RLC turns 26yo in January and for his entire topflight career, all comps, for club and country has 15 goals 18 assists TOTAL ( including no goals, 2 assists for England, and the 2 assists came in games against dregs) 

1 goal, zero assists last year in over 2000 minutes played

smdh

people have lost their damn minds

Edited by Vesper

36 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

More like the next Bollock🤣

some people people forget what a monster offensively Ballack was before he turned 30yo and his role shifted a bit

even with 6 seasons over 30yo, and changed role (thus less production)

he pumped out over 300 goals produced ( goals/assists)

averaged around 22 goals produced for 14 seasons worth of full season minutes (including those 6 reduced ones)

fucking beast, one of my all-time favourite players ever

it is insane to compare RLC to him

If the rules were as they are now, Ballack would perhaps be a WC winner (2002, he took a professional yellow in the semi and because of the rules then was suspended for the final v Brasil, and I think Germany would have beat them with Ballack, he was so utterly key to Germany, and they had to change formation due to his absence, it fucked up their entire offence) That would mean Germany with 5 (and Brasil 4) would have the most WC trophies

Although IF we are going to do historical revisionism, Germany even with that win in 2002 should only have 3, as they would have surely lost to Hungary in 1954 if they had not thugged up and injured Ferenc Puskás, plus if the Dutch had not (and this is just madness) went out and got all drunk before the 1974 final, they may have beaten West Germany then too. If that had all happened, Italy would be the co-leaders leader with 4 WC's, AND IF Baggio had not missed his pen, in in the 1994 Final, Brasil would also have only 3 and Italy 5.

Edited by Vesper

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Waste of time. Not going to improve this squad or starting 11. Unless TT does some sort of miracle coaching l

If he can regain his form and stay healthy he will be immense addition to our midfield. We need a player like him.

it is a gamble given his trajectory, but what is the downside? 

On 10/06/2021 at 18:48, Jas said:

Wonder if Loftus-Cheek was cursing his luck at any point over the past year or so. He was one of the most recent academy players to actually break into the first team first but now finds himself on the outside looking in after suffering an injury that was no fault of his own. It must hurt in some ways for him to see Mount, James, CHO, Abraham (despite his fortunes under Tuchel) establish themselves in the first team and win the Champions League last month. He could have so easily been part of the team had it not been for the injury.

It has nothing to do with the injury. That's just the latest version of an excuse I've heard many hundreds of times. The reality is that, up to now, Ruben's career has followed the path I feared and predicted it would while he was playing youth football. He simply has never been able to make a consistently effective contribution for his teams.

I don't believe that it is a lack of ability but it just has never happened for this talented player. A part of me can't help hoping that TT will have a look at Ruben in preseason and at long last find the right formula to unlock the potential. I have to admit however that I long ago gave up believing RLC would become a Chelsea player.

6 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

Reports suggests Tuchel will evaluate him in preseason

This would be nice but...

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I fear this is right.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I saw some site hype him a couple days ago as the next BALLACK!!

roflmaooooo

as if RLC is all of a sudden going to produce around 180 or so goals (goals plus assists) in a 5 year span for club and country

RLC turns 26yo in January and for his entire topflight career, all comps, for club and country has 15 goals 18 assists TOTAL ( including no goals, 2 assists for England, and the 2 assists came in games against dregs) 

1 goal, zero assists last year in over 2000 minutes played

smdh

people have lost their damn minds

The truth hurts.

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It has nothing to do with the injury. That's just the latest version of an excuse I've heard many hundreds of times. The reality is that, up to now, Ruben's career has followed the path I feared and predicted it would while he was playing youth football. He simply has never been able to make a consistently effective contribution for his teams.

I don't believe that it is a lack of ability but it just has never happened for this talented player. A part of me can't help hoping that TT will have a look at Ruben in preseason and at long last find the right formula to unlock the potential. I have to admit however that I long ago gave up believing RLC would become a Chelsea player.

I don’t disagree with the consistency bit and I was not making an excuse for him at all. Although there aren’t many samples to go off, he was playing arguably his best football and had his most consistent period during that time under Sarri. Hence, I was trying to make the point that that could have been the point where he starts to perform better more regularly but of course, the injury happened, Sarri left and we’re at where we are now. At this point, it’s maybe best he leaves and goes find a club where he can thrive.

On a side note, am starting to see a tad too many of ‘hope/maybe Tuchel can perform miracle with this player’ or something along those lines. Brings back bad memories of Conte and his second season.

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Your arguments are always black and white. 

Wonder what position Tuchel would try to use him.with so many of our players at the euros I can see why he'll give him a look this pre-season but would be surprised if he's actually in our 25 come the start of the season.good player but great clubs do let good players leave.

we should never have played that stupid friendly before the Europa final in 2019, sadly RLC may never recover from this. One of the most ridiculous things this club has done in recent years.

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

we should never have played that stupid friendly before the Europa final in 2019, sadly RLC may never recover from this. One of the most ridiculous things this club has done in recent years.

The club organizing the friendly was one thing but no one asked Sarri to play RLC in that game.

Just now, Jas said:

The club organizing the friendly was one thing but no one asked Sarri to play RLC in that game.

the reality is it could have been anyone getting that bs injury, can you imagine if it was Eden getting that injury instead? heads would have rolled in the club, in another universe we would have been royally fucked, we would lose to Arsenal in the final, no Madrid transfer for Eden, no money for us to spend on Werner, Havertz, Chilwell, Mendy, etc…

https://www.google.com/search?q=Chelsea+new+england+revolution&rlz=1CDGOYI_enPT712PT712&oq=Chelsea+new+e&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0l4j69i60.10617j0j7&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11h0cj7kgp;2;/g/11b6xyz746;ln;fp;1;;