Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

8 hours ago, Jas said:

The point isn't so much about not playing RLC on artificial pitches but more so about managing his game time, given his dodgy fitness and back condition back then. He had played lots of minutes leading up to that friendly. So god knows why Sarri felt the need to play him then when he could have given just the time to some other players instead. 

Managing his game time? Cmon man.

He only started 10 or 11 games the whole season. If starting 10 or 11 games all season means you need your minutes managed (which btw he came on at HT in that friendly?) maybe theres more questionable things than why did Sarri feel the need to play him. Good job he doesn’t play in the championship also because the Saturday/Sunday then playing again Tuesday/Wednesday would kill him…..

The injuries he had were back related and he does his ACL. Its just bad luck, look at how he did it, he basically took a ball down under pressure, bumped into someone and stumbled over, overextending as he fell so regardless of pitch, how many minutes he played likelihood is it would of happened regardless in same scenario. 

The friendly itself, whilst for a good cause, was a very stupid idea but Sarri playing the guys who played was hardly an issue as we had 17 days between that and the EL final IIRC so they all had to get some sort of match minutes in and a game is 100% more competitive and intense than training sessions. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Managing his game time? Cmon man.

He only started 10 or 11 games the whole season. If starting 10 or 11 games all season means you need your minutes managed (which btw he came on at HT in that friendly?) maybe theres more questionable things than why did Sarri feel the need to play him. Good job he doesn’t play in the championship also because the Saturday/Sunday then playing again Tuesday/Wednesday would kill him…..

The injuries he had were back related and he does his ACL. Its just bad luck, look at how he did it, he basically took a ball down under pressure, bumped into someone and stumbled over, overextending as he fell so regardless of pitch, how many minutes he played likelihood is it would of happened regardless in same scenario. 

The friendly itself, whilst for a good cause, was a very stupid idea but Sarri playing the guys who played was hardly an issue as we had 17 days between that and the EL final IIRC so they all had to get some sort of match minutes in and a game is 100% more competitive and intense than training sessions. 

So what if he started only 10-11 games the whole season? The point is he had a dodgy physical condition that needs to be managed carefully and he played a decent amount of minutes towards the end of the season. 

That friendly was played just 3 days after the final league game of the season. Not sure how much of a difference playing the players in that game made a difference considering it was still almost 2 weeks without a game going into the Europa League final. 

9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Oh give it a rest. Miles better than Barkley?

RLC's form under Sarri is the most overrated pile of tripe since the Oscar double vs Juventus bollocks. As if this small sample of good performances is enough justification to keep them after years of bad form. What is Ruben's best by the way? Aside a few goals against bottom half premier league clubs and Europa league standard opposition, RLC gave virtually nothing off the ball on a tactical standpoint. Zero. The Achilles injury set him back sure, but he was never going to be a player that would unlock defences in the final third or be a tactical component that managers love utilising. He offers nothing. 

Bloke can't get into a relegated Fulham's team at CAM and Fulham fans were begging their club not to sign him permanently. But yeah, let's give him a shot here. 

Completely agree. Has to be the most overrated player we've had for years. I mean one of the most popular liked posts on this thread (or the Mount one) states that RLC is better than Mount at everything 🤣🤣🤣

• 4 weeks later...

I like how people now think he would be good in the pivot... Only because he lost his pace since his injury. The CM slots in the team are some of the hardest working jobs and requires a lot of defensive effort. Even under Sarri, he was too lethargic (same problem as pogba) and didn't do enough off the ball. Mounts work rate is undeniable. People can hate but he literally walks into any prem team (except maybe city). I think Mount learning to play in the pivot wouldn't be the worst idea if worst comes to worst. I wouldn't let RLC touch the first team until he can get into Brentfords. 

• 5 weeks later...

On the DM that Jose wants him at Roma loan + £13.5m buy option.. Wow.

I'll be super disappointed to see him go, though again, only himself to blame imo, injuries aside of course.

On 27/07/2021 at 08:08, Special Juan said:

Still do not see what a lot of people see in this lad....Light years away from even getting a sniff in our midfield.

100% agree I've seen nothing from this lad at Chelsea or another club to make me think he had a chance here. Far as I am concerned just getting rid of another leach.

3 hours ago, DH1988 said:

I'll be super disappointed to see him go, though again, only himself to blame imo, injuries aside of course.

I think he has no place on this team, maybe if we played three man midfield but I don’t see that I think 3cb system is staying. I don’t think it favors anyone for him to stay. 

I have always liked RLC and I do believe if he can stay healthy he can have a good remaining career. 

46 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I think he has no place on this team, maybe if we played three man midfield but I don’t see that I think 3cb system is staying. I don’t think it favors anyone for him to stay. 

I have always liked RLC and I do believe if he can stay healthy he can have a good remaining career. 

I agree, thinking he has a place in the team is just my blue tinted glasses more than anything. When someone mentions RLC all I instantly go back to is him blasting Toure in a preseason game.. but not much else aside from his stint with Sarri.

Sad tbh, injuries and attitude got in his way, another youth talent lost essentially. Hopefully he can turn it around with Jose in Rome. 

4 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Really? Other than the sentimental side of him coming through the academy there is no argument for him being here (even coming through the academy is not a good argument because he isnt at the level the others were). 

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Really? Other than the sentimental side of him coming through the academy there is no argument for him being here (even coming through the academy is not a good argument because he isnt at the level the others were). 

I covered why more so in my second post. I’ll be disappointed for sure, same as any of our youngsters that showed promise at one time or another. 

3 hours ago, DH1988 said:

I covered why more so in my second post. I’ll be disappointed for sure, same as any of our youngsters that showed promise at one time or another. 

Has he ever showed promise? RLC is like a semi erected dick! Sometimes he stands out a little but never ready to fuck shit up.

On 28/06/2021 at 14:31, MoroccanBlue said:

Oh give it a rest. Miles better than Barkley?

RLC's form under Sarri is the most overrated pile of tripe since the Oscar double vs Juventus bollocks. As if this small sample of good performances is enough justification to keep them after years of bad form. What is Ruben's best by the way? Aside a few goals against bottom half premier league clubs and Europa league standard opposition, RLC gave virtually nothing off the ball on a tactical standpoint. Zero. The Achilles injury set him back sure, but he was never going to be a player that would unlock defences in the final third or be a tactical component that managers love utilising. He offers nothing. 

Bloke can't get into a relegated Fulham's team at CAM and Fulham fans were begging their club not to sign him permanently. But yeah, let's give him a shot here. 

I'm afraid that this is a better take than the more positive/hopeful posts. My take: -

- The injury is just a cover story. The underlying truth is that Ruben's career to date has been about manger's putting faith in his potential rather than selecting him because his performances demand it.

- Years ago I predicted that unless Ruben learned how to better impose his ability on football matches he would be lucky to get a gig in league one. He has not been able to do that.

- Ruben seems to be running out of people who have any remaining faith in his potential. If the Roma opportunity is real he should grab it with both hands.

- I wish the lad well but I gave up on him as a Chelsea prospect long ago.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• 4 weeks later...

He was better than Saul and Mount, when he came on but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If Kovacic would have turned in this performance we would have rated it as average.

Guy is still far away from the first team. He is a quality squad option tho.

28 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He was better than Saul and Mount, when he came on but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If Kovacic would have turned in this performance we would have rated it as average.

Guy is still far away from the first team. He is a quality squad option tho.

Yep, he was playing DM and Villa were countering us and him at will. It was his usual a few explosive moments making it look like he was having a better match than he actually was.