Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Playing as a 6 or 8 when Mount came in for Ngolo and left far too many spaces without the ball as mentioned in match thread and above by Tomo.

Was pretty meh first half higher up too. Not good enough. This deserves more game time thing is surely a joke.

He isn’t creative enough or isn’t capable of holding his position as a deeper midfielder, he literally is the definition of a luxury player who has no actual defined position or contribution to the team. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Yep, he was playing DM and Villa were countering us and him at will. It was his usual a few explosive moments making it look like he was having a better match than he actually was.

He's never been a DM, and his game is about breaking forward, as you stated. People are comparing him to those on the pitch tonight, with him arguably being the best midfielder on the night.

Obviously not saying much but still a positive worth noting.

Some posters here have shitted on RLC for a long time, it kills them that he had a good game and won’t change their tones.

Obviously guys like Jorginho, Kante, and Kovacic are clear of him.  He had a good game, there is really nothing to say beside that.

He had a really good game. Can't believe that he is being criticized by a few. Don't get me wrong I don't want him playing as a CM in most premier league games as he will be more susceptible to losing the ball against better midfield players, however he was very good last night, for a player who has not had much action, he constantly drove us through with his marauding runs. Really pleased with his performance.

On 30/04/2021 at 07:09, Blue Armour said:

Said it before, but I think Tuchel can extract more out of RLC, just like he has with our other midfielders...His comments about RLC today might have been just part of pre match banter, but they are interesting. The question is where RLC would fit in an already crowded midfield.

Quoting myself here....but today's match answered my questions a little more. Central midfield it is.

He can dribble in transition but that is it. Much like Kovacic and much like Kante, except these two are better suited in this system. He dribbles and without failure is unable to pick the open pass. I am failing to see how merely dribbling in transition alone = great performance. 

It's becoming evident he is only playing until Saul gets up to speed. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He can dribble in transition but that is it. Much like Kovacic and much like Kante, except these two are better suited in this system. He dribbles and without failure is unable to pick the open pass. I am failing to see how merely dribbling in transition alone = great performance. 

It's becoming evident he is only playing until Saul gets up to speed. 

I say breaking City press and moving the ball forward was a big deal, which none of our midfielder did in this game.

13 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I say breaking City press and moving the ball forward was a big deal, which none of our midfielder did in this game.

Because it was congested as fuck until Havertz came on for Kante. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Really? I think he is just kovacic but huge 

At the moment, I would say Kovacic is more forward thinking and plays better passes in the final third. Both of them need to improve end product.

Maybe RLC will improve with game time. He used to have good combinations with Hazard under Sarri 

Really good to see him playing well again. Looks like he can really help us unlock defenses with his runs.

Kova and Ruben are both skillful and really good when dribbling past players. While kova is more skillful, ruben is more physical, and is a far bigger attacking threat.

think he will have a big decision coming next season. He can be a rotation player for us, but I feel that he could be the star player for certain sides (and not talking small clubs). He’s a fairly rare type and even good clubs may lack that.

Edited by robsblubot