Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

8 hours ago, Jas said:

"Would be wishful thinking but about as likely as pig flying or seeing a unicorn in real life. I mean I am sorry but why make these daft former manager wants former player assumptions when there is about a 0.00001% chance of these happening in all realism 🤣"

HA - HA! @OneMoSalah

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Serie A would fit his ponderous style of play perfectly. But loan is no good. We should demand at least 25m 

RLC is on crazy wage that noone gonna pay. Loan is only option.

1 hour ago, ulvhedin said:

RLC is on crazy wage that noone gonna pay. Loan is only option.

Indeed. At best we have them cover half his wages as I cannot see them paying him £100k/€115k a week. 

hace 5 horas, NikkiCFC dijo:

"Would be wishful thinking but about as likely as pig flying or seeing a unicorn in real life. I mean I am sorry but why make these daft former manager wants former player assumptions when there is about a 0.00001% chance of these happening in all realism 🤣"

HA - HA! @OneMoSalah

Just a rumour from an unreliable Italian journalist. Still cant see it happening, Lazio wont pay all of his 120k p/w wages and we shouldn’t be doing them any favours considering he isn’t good enough and its not as if they will be paying an unbelievable loan fee either, this is Lazio, not Juventus or AC Milan.

Either way your celebrating us loaning out a player who’s nowhere near good enough, who we should be trying to sell, who probably wont play if Lazio keep both of SMS and Luis Alberto also….

Edited by OneMoSalah

On 08/06/2021 at 14:14, OneMoSalah said:

Just a rumour from an unreliable Italian journalist. Still cant see it happening, Lazio wont pay all of his 120k p/w wages and we shouldn’t be doing them any favours considering he isn’t good enough and its not as if they will be paying an unbelievable loan fee either, this is Lazio, not Juventus or AC Milan.

Either way your celebrating us loaning out a player who’s nowhere near good enough, who we should be trying to sell, who probably wont play if Lazio keep both of SMS and Luis Alberto also….

Romano confirmed interest. 

I am not celebrating anything I just thought Sarri wanting RLC in Lazio is most logical thing ever and you basically acted like I am lunatic for saying that and compered it with Unicorns in real life. So maybe Unicorns do exist? 🤔 🦄

On 08/06/2021 at 12:52, King Kante said:

Indeed. At best we have them cover half his wages as I cannot see them paying him £100k/€115k a week. 

I refuse to believe these numbers and no source other than Ruben, his agent, or Chelsea Football club will convince me otherwise. I just don't see how anyone could ever have felt it was warranted or necessary to pay Ruben £6 million a year.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

10 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I refuse to believe these numbers and no source other than Roman his agent or Chelsea Football club will convince me otherwise. I just don't see how anyone could ever have felt it was warranted or necessary to pay Ruben £6 million a year.

Well when he signed that new contract and his wages were reported to be that high, I said it was a crack head decision but lots of people said it was good because he was such an amazing talent. Unbelievable but true.

hace 18 minutos, NikkiCFC dijo:

Romano confirmed interest. 

I am not celebrating anything I just thought Sarri wanting RLC in Lazio is most logical thing ever and you basically acted like I am lunatic for saying that and compered it with Unicorns in real life. So maybe Unicorns do exist?🤔 🦄

Haha maybe but honestly, I really still don’t buy it.

May just be me being stubborn but it feels like it could be one of the typical 1 + 1 = 3 scenarios journalists use regarding transfers more commonly than not that turn out to be bullshit.

Even then, the link being made, it means nothing to its done and personally I don’t see how any reasonable top/good forieg. side is taking a punt on Ruben from us on loan/full time in all honesty.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Justo ahora, Jas dijo:

You don't say... 🤣

I suppose if it happens I’ll hold my hands up but I do think its just the usual lazy “former Chelsea manager goes to club X and wants to sign an out of favour player” shit we see a lot. 

I mean we spent 2 years hearing about this with Conte wanting Emerson and Alonso and for all the rumours the links, no bids were ever made. Very much the same with Sarri wanting Jorginho at Juventus, a lot of rumours, nothing ever happened. 

Wonder if Loftus-Cheek was cursing his luck at any point over the past year or so. He was one of the most recent academy players to actually break into the first team first but now finds himself on the outside looking in after suffering an injury that was no fault of his own. It must hurt in some ways for him to see Mount, James, CHO, Abraham (despite his fortunes under Tuchel) establish themselves in the first team and win the Champions League last month. He could have so easily been part of the team had it not been for the injury.

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Wonder if Loftus-Cheek was cursing his luck at any point over the past year or so. He was one of the most recent academy players to actually break into the first team first but now find himself on the outside looking in after suffering an injury that was no fault of his own. It must hurt in some ways for him to see Mount, James, CHO, Abraham (despite his fortunes under Tuchel) establish themselves in the first team and win the Champions League last month. He could have so easily been part of the team had it not been for the injury.

I always wonder whether that form at the end of the season was a genuine breakthrough that was robbed by the injury or just an ultimate purple patch.

If I'm being truly honest my instinct is saying the latter. He was micromanaged by Sarri (nearly every break in play he called Ruben over for instructions) in a way Lampard couldn't/wouldn't have done so it would have probably been a case of as soon as the muscle memory faded he would have reverted back to pre 2019 levels.

hace 4 minutos, Tomo dijo:

I always wonder whether that form at the end of the season was a genuine breakthrough that was robbed by the injury or just an ultimate purple patch.

If I'm being truly honest my instinct is saying the latter. He was micromanaged by Sarri (nearly every break in play he called Ruben over for instructions) in a way Lampard couldn't/wouldn't have done so it would have probably been a case of as soon as the muscle memory faded he would have reverted back to pre 2019 levels.

I also think, similarly with Callum under Sarri, his best games probably came in the Europa League too. 

9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Perhaps so but it still would have been interesting to see if he could have built on that 2018/19 form last season had he not suffered that injury.

And funnily enough, what you described there kinda fits with Pulisic this past season as well.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Well when he signed that new contract and his wages were reported to be that high, I said it was a crack head decision but lots of people said it was good because he was such an amazing talent. Unbelievable but true.

Fortunately the people who noticed Ruben's talent, but failed to notice that he hardly ever produced productive displays, weren't making the decisions. I do not believe that Ruben is earning £5m - £6m per year.

3 hours ago, Jas said:

Wonder if Loftus-Cheek was cursing his luck at any point over the past year or so. He was one of the most recent academy players to actually break into the first team first but now finds himself on the outside looking in after suffering an injury that was no fault of his own. It must hurt in some ways for him to see Mount, James, CHO, Abraham (despite his fortunes under Tuchel) establish themselves in the first team and win the Champions League last month. He could have so easily been part of the team had it not been for the injury.

This is a popular opinion but I don't share it. The weakness in Ruben's game is exactly the same now as it was in 2012/13 when I started posting about it. (Elsewhere.) I find that injuries are often just a convenient excuse.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This is a popular opinion but I don't share it. The weakness in Ruben's game is exactly the same now as it was in 2012/13 when I started posting about it. (Elsewhere.) I find that injuries are often just a convenient excuse.

He always had some serious holes in his game, but that Achilles has wrecked him so far

he has less burst now and his top end speed is meh

overall he is ponderous atm

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That is totally unfair under Sarri his stamina and work rate had improved massively, he was actually trusted as a CM because of it. The goal scoring might have been a purple patch but his overall game and stamina had improved massively. He wasn't just walking around on the pitch like he used to do previously.