Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Funny thing is, this is what I and a lot of other people were saying about him for years but people weren't having it. 

Agreed. He was slowly suffering the Oscar syndrome. People backed Oscar's poor performances and inconsistencies on his brace against Juventus. Similar to Ruben with his performance against City in the EFL Cup final and goals against mid table/Europa league standard clubs in 2019. 

He lacks that mental grit and aggressiveness you want in a player. 

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He, Barkley, Tammy, and Tomori 

Should realistically get almost 100 million. 

I think Tammy, Tomori and Ruben can get us 30m each. Barkley wont get as much but any profit on the 15m we signed him for why not. He isnt good enough.

Such a great shame to get that injury right at the time he was really starting to blossom as a player. Seems to have lost muscle and doesn't physically the same person anymore and a shadow of the player he was just before that injury.

Sadly,  looks so far from good enough for us now that we have no choice but to move him on.

• 2 weeks later...

Said it before, but I think Tuchel can extract more out of RLC, just like he has with our other midfielders...His comments about RLC today might have been just part of pre match banter, but they are interesting. The question is where RLC would fit in an already crowded midfield.

On 18/04/2021 at 18:31, OneMoSalah said:

I think Tammy, Tomori and Ruben can get us 30m each. Barkley wont get as much but any profit on the 15m we signed him for why not. He isnt good enough.

Who is paying £30m for RLC and £15m for Barkley when they also have to give them £100k-£150k a week wages? 

Those two are heading for Baka/Batsh*t territory. 

It wasn't that long ago when there were quotes of Villa paying 40 million for Barkely, but now he's not even worth 15?

I  would have him back as a fringe squad player but nothing more than that.

Seeing that Loftus is a Chelsea boy who's had his career with us ended by playing in a charity match, I wouldn't be adverse to see us give him a free transfer as a goodwill gesture.

hace 7 horas, chippy dijo:

It wasn't that long ago when there were quotes of Villa paying 40 million for Barkely, but now he's not even worth 15?

I  would have him back as a fringe squad player but nothing more than that.

Seeing that Loftus is a Chelsea boy who's had his career with us ended by playing in a charity match, I wouldn't be adverse to see us give him a free transfer as a goodwill gesture.

A free transfer? Did he not just sign a new £120,000 p/week deal like 1 and a half seasons ago? From a business sense it would be insane/more than understandable if the club wanted a fee for him considering he still has 2 years left.

His career has hardly been ended either, he’s had a full year at Fulham almost and done nothing. Even their fans aren’t that impressed.

Bit off the cuff now but he will still have a PL career around mid table/top 8 sort of level maybe. Really cant see him being back here likely unless Tuchel gives him a chance and helps him in his development (but it will need to a huge development I would think to save his career here). Bar that half season with Sarri hes never really done much else consistently at Palace or Fulham in terms of deciding or affecting games in an offensive way. 

Hes played 105 games in the PL, scored 10 goals and assisted 6 times. For a more offensive minded midfielder thats a goal involvement every 6 and a half games. He has also only created 8 big chances. This season alone for Fulham, he has 1 goal, 2 assists and 2 big chances created. In 28 games. Granted Fulham aren’t Man City or Bayern but at the same time for an ever present attacking midfielder to have 1 goal, 2 assists and 2 big chances created at that level. Its woeful.

Thats likely why he will never have a career here because at 25, as a more offensive midfielder playing off the front for Fulham, he’s been nowhere near productive enough in affecting games which is a shame because the talent was there. Its not even like nobody is on his wave length he just genuinely isn’t doing it for them. 

He will end up somewhere else this summer - whether its another loan or sale who knows?

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

A free transfer? Did he not just sign a new £120,000 p/week deal like 1 and a half seasons ago? From a business sense it would be insane/more than understandable if the club wanted a fee for him considering he still has 2 years left.

His career has hardly been ended either, he’s had a full year at Fulham almost and done nothing. Even their fans aren’t that impressed.

Bit off the cuff now but he will still have a PL career around mid table/top 8 sort of level maybe. Really cant see him being back here likely unless Tuchel gives him a chance and helps him in his development (but it will need to a huge development I would think to save his career here). Bar that half season with Sarri hes never really done much else consistently at Palace or Fulham in terms of deciding or affecting games in an offensive way. 

Hes played 105 games in the PL, scored 10 goals and assisted 6 times. For a more offensive minded midfielder thats a goal involvement every 6 and a half games. He has also only created 8 big chances. This season alone for Fulham, he has 1 goal, 2 assists and 2 big chances created. In 28 games. Granted Fulham aren’t Man City or Bayern but at the same time for an ever present attacking midfielder to have 1 goal, 2 assists and 2 big chances created at that level. Its woeful.

Thats likely why he will never have a career here because at 25, as a more offensive midfielder playing off the front for Fulham, he’s been nowhere near productive enough in affecting games which is a shame because the talent was there. Its not even like nobody is on his wave length he just genuinely isn’t doing it for them. 

He will end up somewhere else this summer - whether its another loan or sale who knows?

No club will pay him anywhere the money he's on at Chelsea. Maybe not even half of what he's getting now. Also, with the poor standard he's at now, i can't see any prem club paying much for him either. 

So, will he want away from us knowing he's going to earn a fraction of what he's getting now, or do we keep a player we know is no longer good enough for us and keep loaning him out?

So, again, my opinion is to get him off the wage bill with that very nice, goodwill gesture, which I think he deserves.

Justo ahora, chippy dijo:

No club will pay him anywhere the money he's on at Chelsea. Maybe not even half of what he's getting now. Also, with the poor standard he's at now, i can't see any prem club paying much for him either. 

So, will he want away from us knowing he's going to earn a fraction of what he's getting now, or do we keep a player we know is no longer good enough for us and keep loaning him out?

So, again, my opinion is to get him off the wage bill with that very nice, goodwill gesture, which I think he deserves.

Can see the thinking behind it but Marina will never go for it. Neither will the club. Any player sales this summer will be reinvested into a CF by the looks of it so we will try get the maximum we can for anyone who we want to let go.

I mean look at Marco van Ginkel, guys had so many breakdowns during his time here and never been in the squad since that injury he got v Swindon (IIRc). Theres never ever been any mention of a free transfer for him and he’s repeatedly signed new deals to put the club in a position to gain something from him from a sale.

So cant see it from a more valuable asset as Ruben is homegrown and we all know that adds more money to his price.

On 30/04/2021 at 22:09, Blue Armour said:

Said it before, but I think Tuchel can extract more out of RLC, just like he has with our other midfielders...His comments about RLC today might have been just part of pre match banter, but they are interesting. The question is where RLC would fit in an already crowded midfield.

Where does Loftus-Cheek even fit in if it's not 4-3-3?

9 hours ago, Jas said:

Where does Loftus-Cheek even fit in if it's not 4-3-3?

Same place that Mount usually plays, behind the striker.

It wouldn't be too dissimilar from how he played as an advanced member of the midfield in a 433, with Hazard (who was false 9) under Sarri. 

But like I said, it's an already crowded midfield, and I'm not sure who we could displace. Too many options.

Of course, Tuchel could always change the formation to something different next season., so who knows.

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Same place that Mount usually plays, behind the striker.

It wouldn't be too dissimilar from how he played as an advanced member of the midfield in a 433, with Hazard (who was false 9) under Sarri. 

But like I said, it's an already crowded midfield, and I'm not sure who we could displace. Too many options.

Of course, Tuchel could always change the formation to something different next season., so who knows.

Am not sure about that TBH. Mount is much more versatile and has strengths to suit playing in the attacking front 3 or deeper in midfield. Loftus-Cheek is different and has different skillset. Ever since he broke into the team 5-6 years ago, he's never really looked comfortable anywhere apart from the B2B role in Sarri's 4-3-3. 

12 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Ruben looks out of place in bloody Fulham’s midfield. Honestly the most overrated youth product we have. 

In terms of quality, he was second only to Hazard  during the second half of Sarri's season in charge. Fit and strong and finally showing the potential many fans and people in the game knew he had. Then that damn career ruining injury on a pitch that was not fit to play on.