Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

3 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Amazing. Who would have predict him or Chalobah will not only be part of the squad but performing regularly in PL/CL?

Who’s next? Musonda? Baker? Baba Rahman?

Broja and Gilmour next season I hope 

22 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Are we able to buy back livramento? 

We have buyback option of 40 million pounds. Of course, it only means we are allowed to negotiate with him if we put this amount of cash on the table, if he doesn’t want to return or prefers to join other team it not obligation for Tino.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Broja and Gilmour next season I hope 

They are quite obvious contenders, but Chalobah and RLC were underdogs, that’s more what I meant.

22 minutes ago, maxlev said:

You can add Gallagher to that. Meanwhile any idea where Musonda is at?

Training with reserves.

out of the absolute deadwood, i'd say RLC is the most likely to reinvent himself to become useful. His turn of pace is mostly gone so he is pretty much useless in attack now but he played most of his early career deeper so maybe if he takes a few pages out of Jorginho's book he can becoem some kind of deep lying playmaker. The corresponding qualities have gone a bit unnoticed in his short sarri pruple patch but his technique is tidy and he has good positional discipline. If he can sit deep, win the physical duels and cycle posession he can still redeem himself. Call it the Mikel transformation. Could be a useful squad option in a position we are desperately thin in.

Told you RLC could be useful in a deeper position back in July and no one believed me. Now where is my cookie? 😁

Edited by Magic Lamps

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Amazing. Who would have predict him or Chalobah will not only be part of the squad but performing regularly in PL/CL?

Who’s next? Musonda? Baker? Baba Rahman?

That is disrespecting RLC and Chalobah talent to put them in the same sentence as those. 

Gilmour and Gallagher are much of a underdog. Though decisions coming up for the club and players. Jorginho, Kante, and Kovacic are among the best CMs in the world. And before the Norwich game Tuchel said he found it tough not starting RLC, and think he is absolutely deserving based on how he has played. Minutes will be tough to come by.

2 hours ago, maxlev said:

I do think a january loan for musonda to a championship team might ressurect his career back again.

yes, and Baker needs to be sold or loaned out, although I would trust him (nor having a laff) over Saul atm

Baker was really good in pre season

would love to see us sell Barkley to the head choppers at NUFC

22 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Told you RLC could be useful in a deeper position back in July and no one believed me. Now where is my cookie? 😁

Hey I said Tuchel could maybe reinvigorate RLC ahead of our game against Fulham last season. Where's MY cookie?!

25 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Hey I said Tuchel could maybe reinvigorate RLC ahead of our game against Fulham last season. Where's MY cookie?!

True but I remember @MoroccanBluegave us quite a lot stick for pushing the RLC redemption arch. But it’s not a given he will continue to play an important role. Let’s just all be happy for the moment.

34 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

True but I remember @MoroccanBluegave us quite a lot stick for pushing the RLC redemption arch. But it’s not a given he will continue to play an important role. Let’s just all be happy for the moment.

He’s proving me wrong and I hope he continues. 

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

yes, and Baker needs to be sold or loaned out, although I would trust him (nor having a laff) over Saul atm

Baker was really good in pre season

would love to see us sell Barkley to the head choppers at NUFC

I totally agree with u on this. Barkley needs to be sold. The new Newcastle as a team in transition would really fit his profile. Leeds would fit his game too.

Baker was impressive in pre-season especially that match he was drafted to central defence. He would do well in lower table premier league team.

On 23/10/2021 at 19:25, Fernando said:

Are we able to buy back livramento? 

Pure guesswork here but I wonder if the club have a plan to exercise their reported buyback clause in the summer of 2023? The intention being that Tino would then replace Azpi in the squad and share minutes with Reece as Dave does now. A potential fly in that ointment however is the possibility of Tino attracting the attention of attention of other big clubs who might make him offers we can't, or won't, match.

Saints' fans love him. I've read ranging from, "Enjoy him while you can, he'll be gone at the end of the season", to, "This kid is as good as Gareth Bale was." Anyone who's read my posts knows I like Tino and have championed his CFC first team prospects but, even so, I think those supporters are going overboard.