Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Playing well but still the king of doing the most pointless step overs when he gets the ball when absolutely not one opposition player is near him. Like he did it when he had about 25m of space and I was sat there like wtf is the point 😂 just sums his career up really.

Am expecting this patch to fade and him to leave eventually. Unless he wants to be a squad player. 

Nothing wrong being a squad player at a club like Chelsea, getting a bunch of game time due to ample amounts of games we play. 

He is what he is. Apart from his skill on the ball and his immense athletic capabilities  he sadly has two massive weaknesses which prevent him from becoming top class. Namely, He is just slow at making decisions and adjusting to new situations on the field which impacts the overall tempo of his game plus he is an average passer.  Both  of which quite evident yesterday and massive flaws for a midfielder . Yet he is useful as a squad player which is totally fine as long as he stays healthy. For me he is a must start vs Brentford. As they are a combative team with lots of high balls into the area, RLC will be of massive help here. Last season one of his best games was vs at Brentford and I can see him behind decisive as part of a mid 4 again here.

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Unless he wants to be a squad player. 

I think he accepted that already. He knows he will never be a automatic starter. He has started a lot more games than I imagined and he probably himself would have imagined.

20 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

He is what he is. Apart from his skill on the ball and his immense athletic capabilities  he sadly has two massive weaknesses which prevent him from becoming top class. Namely, He is just slow at making decisions and adjusting to new situations on the field which impacts the overall tempo of his game plus he is an average passer.  Both  of which quite evident yesterday and massive flaws for a midfielder . Yet he is useful as a squad player which is totally fine as long as he stays healthy. For me he is a must start vs Brentford. As they are a combative team with lots of high balls into the area, RLC will be of massive help here. Last season one of his best games was vs at Brentford and I can see him behind decisive as part of a mid 4 again here.

Good summary 👍 

21 hours ago, Stats said:

I think he accepted that already. He knows he will never be a automatic starter. He has started a lot more games than I imagined and he probably himself would have imagined.

and played quite well in them - in the last few at least. Despite all his flaws, I think he has become important because his physicality is needed in midfield for certain situations. Especially with Kante out and Zakaria in limbo.