Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

He's being wasted here and needs at least a loan and possibly a transfer. Ridiculous that he's Belgium's top playmaker for the NT, and he can't make the bench for Chelsea.

The Belgium NT is a far better team talent wise than Chelsea.

It's looking like the Mourinho hire was a mistake.

would of helped if he impressed vs swindon but he blew it

For all i know, KDB is getting his shot at the Belgium NT taking a serious blow.

If Jose switches to 4-3-3 with

........................CDM...........

Rami..................................Oscar/KdB will get him some gametime.

Otherwise, he's only gonna be playing second fiddle here.

Because he didn't give KBD as much game time, as Belgians want? Ridiculous. It's a Chelsea F.C., not a Belgium N.T.

I would like to see Kevin play more, but it's unfair to say, that Mourinho didn't give him chance to prove himself.

He must do, what Mata did. To be patient, wait for chance and when he get his chance, grab it with both hands.

It has not to do with how much time I want. The product on the field for Chelsea has been uninspired and poor for the most part.

Since KDB's last start v. Man United

Chelsea has had 6 games

3 PL games

v. Everton (on the bench)

v. Fulham (6 minutes as a sub)

v. Spurs (Not even on bench)

1 Supercup match v. Bayern (Not even on bench)

1 champions league match

v. FC Basel (on the bench)

1 League cup match v. Swindon (77 minutes)

So he's played 83 minutes out of Chelsea's last 540+ and his only significant minutes came against Swindon.

How any one can showcase themselves when they are plaing less than a full game out of 6 is beyond me.

If Mourinho had been honest he should have loaned KDB to a side that would use him. One only has to look at the Lukaku situation to see how player decisions have been badly mishandled this season.

I still can't wrap my head around the William acquisition especially given the desparate need for pivot options.

It's not like the right wing/AM options have been scintilating either during that time, and Chelsea's crossing has been some of the worst I've seen this year in the PL.

I don't care that much who plays but Chelsea is going to be a poison pill for future Belgian players if it continues with this nonsense with De Bruyne and Lukaku.

lukakutostamford- De Bruyne is Chelsea's #6 attacking midfielder. I agree with you that the buying of Willian makes no sense at all, but as soon as that happened, De Bruyne simply was never going to get much playing time. You are vastly overrating the importance De Bruyne's national team success. He's played about what, 5, 6, 7 meaningful matches with Belgium? His performance at Bremen is what got him on the team, not one national team game every couple of months where he has free reign. Chelsea don't care about the Belgian national team, we have to make decisions that are best for us. That said, I agree with you that De Bruyne should have either been loaned out or given enough time to at least improve his game, but Chelsea just have too much depth.

It has not to do with how much time I want. The product on the field for Chelsea has been uninspired and poor for the most part.

Since KDB's last start v. Man United

Chelsea has had 6 games

3 PL games

v. Everton (on the bench)

v. Fulham (6 minutes as a sub)

v. Spurs (Not even on bench)

1 Supercup match v. Bayern (Not even on bench)

1 champions league match

v. FC Basel (on the bench)

1 League cup match v. Swindon (77 minutes)

So he's played 83 minutes out of Chelsea's last 540+ and his only significant minutes came against Swindon.

How any one can showcase themselves when they are plaing less than a full game out of 6 is beyond me.

If Mourinho had been honest he should have loaned KDB to a side that would use him. One only has to look at the Lukaku situation to see how player decisions have been badly mishandled this season.

I still can't wrap my head around the William acquisition especially given the desparate need for pivot options.

It's not like the right wing/AM options have been scintilating either during that time, and Chelsea's crossing has been some of the worst I've seen this year in the PL.

I don't care that much who plays but Chelsea is going to be a poison pill for future Belgian players if it continues with this nonsense with De Bruyne and Lukaku.

I can.

Abramovich's mate said to him "I'm selling all my expensive players at Anzhi because I'm sick of them. Spurs want Willian." Roman replies "Willian eh? How much? 10m? 20m? 30m? Ok heres 30m, tell his agent Jose wants him, tell him he will play in the Champions League, tell him he will play despite the fact we have 5 other attacking midfielders, Andre never done well here so lets steal his ideal signing." :Goober:

Its just Abramovich flashing the cash pointlessly, showing Chelsea can sign whoever they want for however much and to get one up on Spurs. £30m that could have been used to try and tempt Ilkay Gundogan or Modric or someone else who is similar and needed much more. Ultimately I think Jose thinking Spurs are a title contender has a lot to do with it too but I bet this move was probably one Abramovich wanted more than Jose.

Still on De Bruyne, unlike at Genk, Bremen and with Belgium he isn't the best right winger/attacking midfielder we have. He needs to wait and fight like he said in that interview. When he gets the chance he has to do better than how we done against Swindon but its hard to build up momentum playing once every now and then which is why he has to impress when he gets a chance to stay in the team.

lukakutostamford- De Bruyne is Chelsea's #6 attacking midfielder. I agree with you that the buying of Willian makes no sense at all, but as soon as that happened, De Bruyne simply was never going to get much playing time. You are vastly overrating the importance De Bruyne's national team success. He's played about what, 5, 6, 7 meaningful matches with Belgium? His performance at Bremen is what got him on the team, not one national team game every couple of months where he has free reign. Chelsea don't care about the Belgian national team, we have to make decisions that are best for us. That said, I agree with you that De Bruyne should have either been loaned out or given enough time to at least improve his game, but Chelsea just have too much depth.

I agree with everything you said. Still, I think Chelsea is wasting his talent and he should leave as soon as he can. De Bruyne and Lukaku are both (young) players who need confidence. If you give them regular playing time they'll make mistakes but they'll learn and get better. if they can't get that at Chelsea, sell them and only play 40 million players like Hazard who are already established. Seriously, practically the entire team has been shit since the start of the season. Who really has played well? it's a short list.

I, obviously, do care for the Belgian team, which, at full strength, could probably compete easily with any of the premier league teams. Either use them or let them go. Don't ruin my only chance to celebrate a world cup. :P

In the long run, the only Belgian who'll keep playing for Chelsea will be Eden ime.

Daily Mail say that he's being sent to train with the u21's for a bit and won't be involved at all midweek.

Pretty fucked up. Yes, he was pretty awful against Swindon but he hasn't even really been given a chance in the league. After the preseason and opening game against Hull I thought he'd be a key player and Jose favorite.

Still think he's better than Schurrle.

This is all just part of the way mourinho coaches players to get the max out of them. He did it with Mata and he did it with Torres in a, what seems to be, a successful way. He also did it with benzema. He puts lots of pressure on the players, which I think is right as they are professionals. Only the ones who got the right mentalaty will make it.

This is all just part of the way mourinho coaches players to get the max out of them. He did it with Mata and he did it with Torres in a, what seems to be, a successful way. He also did it with benzema. He puts lots of pressure on the players, which I think is right as they are professionals. Only the ones who got the right mentalaty will make it.

I find this "Mourinho got the best out of Mata" narrative baffling. He had one assist on a free kick and played what was a pretty normal game for him. Hard to give Mourinho credit for an excellent player playing very well. I don't see the De Bruyne thing as Mourinho trying to light a fire or anything. I see it as a player who is our #6 attacking midfielder with no real role on the club not getting playing time. Where does De Bruyne fit with Chelsea? He's third choice at every single attacking midfield position.

De Bruyne is similar to Mata in that he needs a free role to operate to be at his best except a) he's not as good as Mata B) He's not as good defensively as Mata as crazy as that sounds because Mata is bad C) He doesn't drop deep like Mata does. You look at his average position for Bremen and he played almost as a striker, more forward than any of our midfielders get regularly, for the Belgian national team the he actually averaged being more forward than any other player on the squad in at least their last 3 matches. His average position is further forward than the strikers which is crazy. Either way, that's not the sort of player who is going to fit into a Mourinho team easily. Bremen was a very good loan for him as it allowed to show his ability as a playmaker but he was never going to get the job at Chelsea based on a loan spell and un-seat Oscar and Mata. A loan to a good club where he has to play as a complimentary player, where he has to play on the wing or is their #3 or #4 option to create but have been very beneficial IMO and would allow De Bruyne to round out his game. Sitting on the bench or not even on the bench is not.

He's being wasted here and needs at least a loan and possibly a transfer. Ridiculous that he's Belgium's top playmaker for the NT, and he can't make the bench for Chelsea.

The Belgium NT is a far better team talent wise than Chelsea.

It's looking like the Mourinho hire was a mistake.

As a fellow Belgian, I understand you fanboyism, as it's since long that we have some topplayers in Europe. But you got to realise that for every non-belgian fan KDB (or Lukaku for that matter) is just a soccerplayer like the next one. He got his chance and didn't take it. Too bad for him, better luck next time.

Mourinho's hired to make Chelsea win and get trophies, with his best team by his opinion. KDB just doens't look ready yet to play at Chelsea.

I find this "Mourinho got the best out of Mata" narrative baffling. He had one assist on a free kick and played what was a pretty normal game for him. Hard to give Mourinho credit for an excellent player playing very well. I don't see the De Bruyne thing as Mourinho trying to light a fire or anything. I see it as a player who is our #6 attacking midfielder with no real role on the club not getting playing time. Where does De Bruyne fit with Chelsea? He's third choice at every single attacking midfield position.

De Bruyne is similar to Mata in that he needs a free role to operate to be at his best except a) he's not as good as Mata B) He's not as good defensively as Mata as crazy as that sounds because Mata is bad C) He doesn't drop deep like Mata does. You look at his average position for Bremen and he played almost as a striker, more forward than any of our midfielders get regularly, for the Belgian national team the he actually averaged being more forward than any other player on the squad in at least their last 3 matches. His average position is further forward than the strikers which is crazy. Either way, that's not the sort of player who is going to fit into a Mourinho team easily. Bremen was a very good loan for him as it allowed to show his ability as a playmaker but he was never going to get the job at Chelsea based on a loan spell and un-seat Oscar and Mata. A loan to a good club where he has to play as a complimentary player, where he has to play on the wing or is their #3 or #4 option to create but have been very beneficial IMO and would allow De Bruyne to round out his game. Sitting on the bench or not even on the bench is not.

De Bruyne is better then Mata defensively. Last season at Bremen De Bruyne ran the most miles of the entire Bundesliga if I'm not mistaken. At Genk he succesfully played the CM role. Ofcourse he still needs to grow to be as good defensively in the Premier League but I'm convinced he's better in tracking back then Mata.

I seriously doubt your stat about the national team. Belgium's national team play with one targetman Benteke and with three players behind him. I seriously doubt De Bruyne averaged being more forward the last three games then Benteke. De Bruyne always plays the part the coach asks of him. In the NT his primary goal is to create chances and be decisive. And that's exactly what he has done this campaign.

Mourinho is just wrong on this one. De Bruyne was part of the most succesfull Chelsea-team this season, which was the team in the first half against Hull. After that game he played at Man Utd where Mourinho chose to be unexistent in attack by playing 4 AM's and no striker. After that he only played one game against Swindon. You can't punish De Bruyne for playing one bad game if you see the number of average games played by Schurrle and mostly Oscar. Mourinho hasn't played the Hull-team in any of the games after the Hull-game. There is no way people can justify this if you see the lack of quality-games played by Chelsea this season.

Ofcourse lots of people will defend Mourinho. But there will come a time when we're looking at De Bruyne the way we look at a player like Sturridge, thinking "if only"... He's got something special, something that ables to always create chances, but at the moment Mourinho's is ruining his career at Chelsea.

As a fellow Belgian, I understand you fanboyism, as it's since long that we have some topplayers in Europe. But you got to realise that for every non-belgian fan KDB (or Lukaku for that matter) is just a soccerplayer like the next one. He got his chance and didn't take it. Too bad for him, better luck next time.

Mourinho's hired to make Chelsea win and get trophies, with his best team by his opinion. KDB just doens't look ready yet to play at Chelsea.

He's got his chance? When?

Against Hull? Great assist for Oscar and Motm-reward.

Man Utd? Playing with 4 AM's and no striker looking for a draw is indeed a real chance for an attacking midfielder with his main ability being able to create chances.

And there's the Swindon game. His first half was bad, his second half was better. I seriously doubt it was much worse than Oscar's game against Spurs, or one of Schurrles games. Haven't seen Willian play very good either.

De Bruyne is just the easiest victim for Mourinho. There won't be a Mata-story in the papers as De Bruyne doesn't have the price tag other players in his position have. So it's easy for Mourinho to sacrifice him.

It's still September. It's a long season. If he deserves another chance and can improve the team, then Jose will play him.

Again, Jose manages for the benefit of Chelsea Football Club, not Kevin De Bruyne, not Juan Mata and certainly not for the Belgian National Team. If you want Jose to make decisions with the purpose of helping Belgium out then you guys can pay him...I assume his wages would be about 10% of your GDP though, so maybe be careful with that. :yes:

You're doing the same thing you blame the Belgians. It's Mourinho's decision, so it's the right one and no-one should doubt it. So just because Mourinho gets payed by Chelsea, all of his decisions are correct? To be honest, I've seen a couple of bad decisions made by Mourinho this season. The 4 AM's and no striker at United, playing Ramires as a right midfielder against Tottenham, refusing to play Mata,... not everything Mourinho does is gold.

De Bruyne deserves his chance just as much as Oscar and Schurrle do. It's not about Belgians or the Belgian national team, it's about Mourinho making the easiest decision, but not the right one, while everyone watching Chelsea's games can see that De Bruyne can add something to this team. He proved this against Hull, the only game where he really got his chance.