Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Championship side? Are people insane? He's wanted by the Champions League finalists, Dortmund.

It's the same with Courtois, people think we should loan him to a mid table PL side to "adapt" to the league :doh:

He is wanted by top clubs in the world and some want to loan him to the likes of Fulham because he isn't "PL proven" :doh:

Agree ..even a good championship side

Never, you suggested this about Lukaku and now KDB? facepalm.gif Come on Zolayes :D far too good for the Championship. He could have been better last night but he made some very good passes, especially that one that put Torres in the clear. Just needs a set of games to give him that spark IMO. I always thought he was a good player though but I did say before the season started that there was a bit of unrealistic expectation set for him. He came on a back of a loan and while he was very good there it is always going to be harder to set your authority on a much better team like us. He will be mainly rotation and back up this season but tbh I would of like to seen him and Willian be a bit more expressive last night. I thought KDB tried to be a bite more expressive than Willian but he seemed to be stopped more in his tracks. I am sure he is going to get better as the season goes on though.

Never, you suggested this about Lukaku and now KDB? facepalm.gif Come on Zolayes :D far too good for the Championship. He could have been better last night but he made some very good passes, especially that one that put Torres in the clear. Just needs a set of games to give him that spark IMO. I always thought he was a good player though but I did say before the season started that there was a bit of unrealistic expectation set for him. He came on a back of a loan and while he was very good there it is always going to be harder to set your authority on a much better team like us. He will be mainly rotation and back up this season but tbh I would of like to seen him and Willian be a bit more expressive last night. I thought KDB tried to be a bite more expressive than Willian but he seemed to be stopped more in his tracks. I am sure he is going to get better as the season goes on though.

it is important they are starters ,,,may not happen with PL sides...I guess I cant express my opinion without being laughed at now.

it is important they are starters ,,,may not happen with PL sides...I guess I cant express my opinion without being laughed at now.

If he was to go out on loan he would get into many teams in top leagues so loaning to a Championship team would be no point.

No loan. That wasn't the last chance he'll have to prove he fits the team and can start. I'm disappointed because I'm eager to see him playing because I think he has the skills to shine. He'll have other chances and hopefully he'll become fierce competition to André and maybe even Hazard.

As for the Willian comparison, I think Willian has proved what he's capable - because he's older - and everyone who watched Shakhtar in the UCL matches (not only against us) knows he's way better than he's shown for us so far. The guy has spent 45 days without any match under his belt, he's in a new team and he has 0 match fitness, so I guess it makes it obvious that he'll struggle and seeing how he isn't starting matches every week, I think he'll take a while to finally be sharp again and then months to adapt to the league, as every other guy had... But André and Kev will also have to endure the adaptation period, so once Willian is match fit I think he'll offer better competition to the spot.

I don't really understand how he is going to get better when he's not going to get game time....

KDB was with Mourinho way before Oscar, Mata, Willian, Schurrle (?) and they are all ahead of him...

Spoken as a chelsea fan, he doesn't seem to be able to perform here well and i doubt a loan will change anything about that. can't really think of a reason why he doesn't seem to fit in, preseason he was the one standing out while many others failed to do that, maybe it's the rather high level of defending in the PL that he can't handle, he was even having trouble to get pass a 3rd division defender, but on the other hand so was Willian so that isn't really a reference. I just can't see what the problem is with Kevin.

Then my opinion as a supporter of the belgian national team, he's one of the best we have in the attacking part, 50% of all qualifying goals went through him, if he's getting out of form that would be a bad thing there, he needs playing time.

My conclusion: we have an overload of AM that can be played around on those three spots, even considering injuries, we can still have 2 of them out and fill those with one spare player on the bench. (and that probably would be kevin as it stands now)

One option would be to loan him out for half a year to a mid table PL team(if we can find one after that awful performance on tuesday) and see what he can bring. Then, next season it can be decided what happens with him because this season he'll barely collect minutes on the pitch and if he does it probably won't be any good.

He's just the kind of player that needs minutes and the coach's trust, the way i've seen him play in the national team is that he gets more confident every minute into the game, passes with a little more risk over time and then after 30 minutes he's starting to give those key passes that lead to goals(has done it in our first PL game the same way). He won't be showing his potential being out of form and when he's being thrown in for that last 10 minutes.

Spoken as a chelsea fan, he doesn't seem to be able to perform here well and i doubt a loan will change anything about that. can't really think of a reason why he doesn't seem to fit in, preseason he was the one standing out while many others failed to do that, maybe it's the rather high level of defending in the PL that he can't handle, he was even having trouble to get pass a 3rd division defender, but on the other hand so was Willian so that isn't really a reference. I just can't see what the problem is with Kevin.

Then my opinion as a supporter of the belgian national team, he's one of the best we have in the attacking part, 50% of all qualifying goals went through him, if he's getting out of form that would be a bad thing there, he needs playing time.

My conclusion: we have an overload of AM that can be played around on those three spots, even considering injuries, we can still have 2 of them out and fill those with one spare player on the bench. (and that probably would be kevin as it stands now)

One option would be to loan him out for half a year to a mid table PL team(if we can find one after that awful performance on tuesday) and see what he can bring. Then, next season it can be decided what happens with him because this season he'll barely collect minutes on the pitch and if he does it probably won't be any good.

He's just the kind of player that needs minutes and the coach's trust, the way i've seen him play in the national team is that he gets more confident every minute into the game, passes with a little more risk over time and then after 30 minutes he's starting to give those key passes that lead to goals(has done it in our first PL game the same way). He won't be showing his potential being out of form and when he's being thrown in for that last 10 minutes.

Everyone needs a run of games to gain form, not just KDB. It's still early in the season, fatigue will kick in at some point, injuries happen, he'll get his chances. He needs to have the mindset to train well and produce when he gets a chance.

I didnt know he was actually voted best young player in the bundesliga :clap:

Im sure Kevin will resurface one day. Gonna be a worldclass player in the future. The first few months at a top team are really about adapting yourself to it... and maybe having a manager playing a different style than he's used to wont help on the short term. But Kevin is so versatile and talented he can become a leading player anywhere on the pitch.

He's being wasted here and needs at least a loan and possibly a transfer. Ridiculous that he's Belgium's top playmaker for the NT, and he can't make the bench for Chelsea.

The Belgium NT is a far better team talent wise than Chelsea.

It's looking like the Mourinho hire was a mistake.