Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

He can leave if he wants. He offers nothing Oscar and Mata don't, so it's going to be hard for him to ever get a consistent run of games.

He might get to play more at BVB, but there he will also have to deal with competition from: Mhkitaryan, Reus, Auba and Kuba, so not exactly easy either.

And I actually agree he shouldn't be selected for tomorrow - but I expect him to take part of the Norwich match, maybe even starting it.

You can't be serious about this? It took a month before he was starting against ffs Swindon and now you think he even has a slight chance to start vs Norwich. No, one big fat no. ;)

He can leave if he wants. He offers nothing Oscar and Mata don't, so it's going to be hard for him to ever get a consistent run of games.

He might get to play more at BVB, but there he will also have to deal with competition from: Mhkitaryan, Reus, Auba and Kuba, so not exactly easy either.

Exactly this. If he's inferior to what you have, its better for him to leave. Especially when you take the age of Oscar into consideration.

You can't be serious about this? It took a month before he was starting against ffs Swindon and now you think he even has a slight chance to start vs Norwich. No, one big fat no. ;)

Exactly this. If he's inferior to what you have, its better for him to leave. Especially when you take the age of Oscar into consideration.

True, but that's an important IF. At the moment, I don't think Oscar or Schurrle are better then De Bruyne. If De Bruyne would have gotten the playing-time Oscar has, I'm convinced he would do as good or better then Oscar. I really like Oscar's finishing, but he's got so many games where he isn't important in the build-up or isn't creating chances for other players. Like the game on saturday, the complete first half I thought he was absent. However, Oscar won't be "punished" for playing average because he's the type of player Mourinho really likes.

True, but that's an important IF. At the moment, I don't think Oscar or Schurrle are better then De Bruyne. If De Bruyne would have gotten the playing-time Oscar has, I'm convinced he would do as good or better then Oscar. I really like Oscar's finishing, but he's got so many games where he isn't important in the build-up or isn't creating chances for other players. Like the game on saturday, the complete first half I thought he was absent. However, Oscar won't be "punished" for playing average because he's the type of player Mourinho really likes.

Mourinho had the whole preseason to assess KDB, while as Oscar and Mata came in late....

used the wrong verb. It should have been "I hope he takes part" instead of "I expect"

:lol: the #10 in Brazil's NT is worse (or isn't better) than an AM in Belgium's NT (as according to you the club performance is unfair given the time Oscar had and Kev didn't, so let's compare NTs)...

Okay then, mate.

Well, obviously Mourinho likes his 10 to do a lot of defensive work and we are all aware Oscar is the superior one in that compartiment. Schürrle and Willian are more natural wingers then De Bruyne as well. That's why I think De Bruyne will no longer take part into Mourinho's plans and the best solution for Kevin would be to leave on a permanent basis. He can fight as much as he wants, but I just don't think he'll fit in at any point.

If KDB hasn't been able to prove himself by january, I believe it might be in the best interest of Chelsea and Kevin if he would be loaned out again. However untill January, Kevin has the time to prove himself whether he is Chelsea worthy. If he wouldn't succeed, it wouldn't be a shame in my opinion. Every team needs different sorts of players and perhaps Kevin might not be an ideal fit for Chelsea, whereas he might be for another team.

Previous season he was chosen the Youth Player of the Year at the Bundesliga. I'm pretty sure there would be quite some teams in Germany happy to take KDB in, either on loan or permanently. But for now, he has not been performing well enough for Mou and it seems more then fitting it is being made clear to Kevin. I hope over time Kevin will be handed 2nd chances to prove Mou wrong.

Oscar is quite clearly the superior talent in every aspect but that's no shame on Kevin as he is a very good prospect also.

I'm just rather baffled with this whole thing though, as in, Lampard - free kicks aside - has been anonymous since the start of the season and he never gets the hook and yet young Kevin is crucified and thrown in no man's land for a few bad performances.

I have absolutely no doubt we would be a much better, faster and solider team with KDB alongside Ramires in the two pivots.

Oscar is quite clearly the superior talent in every aspect but that's no shame on Kevin as he is a very good prospect also.

I'm just rather baffled with this whole thing though, as in, Lampard - free kicks aside - has been anonymous since the start of the season and he never gets the hook and yet young Kevin is crucified and thrown in no man's land for a few bad performances.

I have absolutely no doubt we would be a much better, faster and solider team with KDB alongside Ramires in the two pivots.

Well I think it also has to do with experience, as Kevin is only 22 years old. Learning how to deal with pressure and media is one of the things young players will need to get accustomed to.

Either way I believe Kevin is now at a point where it'll break or boost his Chelsea career.

De Bruyne is better then Mata defensively. Last season at Bremen De Bruyne ran the most miles of the entire Bundesliga if I'm not mistaken. At Genk he succesfully played the CM role. Ofcourse he still needs to grow to be as good defensively in the Premier League but I'm convinced he's better in tracking back then Mata.

I seriously doubt your stat about the national team. Belgium's national team play with one targetman Benteke and with three players behind him. I seriously doubt De Bruyne averaged being more forward the last three games then Benteke. De Bruyne always plays the part the coach asks of him. In the NT his primary goal is to create chances and be decisive. And that's exactly what he has done this campaign.

Mourinho is just wrong on this one. De Bruyne was part of the most succesfull Chelsea-team this season, which was the team in the first half against Hull. After that game he played at Man Utd where Mourinho chose to be unexistent in attack by playing 4 AM's and no striker. After that he only played one game against Swindon. You can't punish De Bruyne for playing one bad game if you see the number of average games played by Schurrle and mostly Oscar. Mourinho hasn't played the Hull-team in any of the games after the Hull-game. There is no way people can justify this if you see the lack of quality-games played by Chelsea this season.

Ofcourse lots of people will defend Mourinho. But there will come a time when we're looking at De Bruyne the way we look at a player like Sturridge, thinking "if only"... He's got something special, something that ables to always create chances, but at the moment Mourinho's is ruining his career at Chelsea.

Running a lot has nothing to do with being good defensively. De Bruyne is awful because he doesn't tackle, when he tries to tackle he is unsuccessful a ridiculous 75% of the time!!!! As for his positioning, have a look at this, http://espnfc.com/team/fixtures/_/id/459/belgium?cc=5901 click through the individual games and look at "average position".

De Bruyne, even if he leaves (which I think is unlikely anytime soon) will never be like Sturridge. What bothers so many of us about letting Sturridge go is that we desperately needed a striker and that Sturridge never got a chance which he clearly deserved (even after he proved he could score as a RW). Nobody would put De Bruyne over Mata or Oscar for the #10 so if he were to leave, it's because there is no spot for him. Yes, he played well at Hull but even then it was a mixed game. 78% passing, 0/4 in crosses, 3 shots, none on target, nothing defensively). Squawka gave him a gamescore of 16. (Hazard was 54, Lampard 110, Oscar 61, etc...). It was hardly a dominating performance but it led to De Bruyne getting the start at Manchester United where he was awful and once again against Swindon. No, he will never get his game going playing sparingly, but he also has to perform to get playing time and he isn't. He should probably be loaned out in January to get playing time, but a number of people on here have vastly overrated De Bruyne to begin with.

De bruyne not in squad because of his performance against Swindon. Bit harsh of mourinho to say this publicly, especially considering how young he is. I've been more impressed with de bruyne than schurrle this season and he hasn't been dropped from the squad.