Paul Pogba

Madmax

That obviously goes without saying. Still not worth it at all. Pogba is a talent but I wouldn't like it if we spent anywhere the 70-80m fees being banded about.

My point basically was that you can't really go about screaming how Koke isn't worth his buyout clause (50m or whatever it is) but then turn a blind eye for the overvaluation Pogba has been getting.

I personally ain't a fan of Koke at all, and he certainly ain't work €50m in my book. A lot of things have interested his value of the years. Him winning the under 21 WC and being the star, and being named the best young player at the WC.

If we do get him, it will involve some sort of swap. Oscar plus £40m is a more realistic proposition.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi friend!

No, yesterday's game does not change anything because yesterday Pogba has played after an injury without competition rhythm (despite that he has not done a bad game taking into account his recent injury).

I repeat again, Pogba is a spectacular player, the perfect prototype of a box to box, but for me he is not a creative player like Fabregas, Xavi Hernandez or Koke, which is just what we need, someone who can organize the pace of our game.

In fact Pogba can not play as a midfielder with a single companion because he needs two companions as Vidal and Pirlo to play comfortable. Fabregas can play in central midfield with Matic without needing anyone else.

Instead, Thiago Alcantara can have that role without problems. But he also has some problems like not having played 100 first division matches, injuries, certain anarchic aspects ....

Maybe say "a hundred times better than" was an exaggeration / mistake on my part, I admit, but personally I prefer Thiago Alcantara than Pogba. And I think the amounts of money being handled about Pogba's crazy, it seems that we are talking about Messi or Ronaldo. He is a global star with no doubt, but we can not mortgage our future by a single player.

Yaya Toure respect I can only say one thing. He had to leave Barcelona because they preferred to players like Busquets, Xavi or Iniesta than him. That does not mean that Yaya Toure was a bad player. It just means that Barcelona would prefer more creative players than perfect box to box. They are just different points of view.

Regards.

Agree. I actually thought Pogba played a good game yesterday without being sensational.

So why do you think we need Koke or Thiago when we have Fabregas? Part of the reason he tired in the second half was because he had more responsibility. If we get a Pogba he alleviates his responsibility and makes him freer to dictate the tempo.

Oh so Koke and Thiago can operate in a midfield two? What are you even talking about? firstly who said we want Pogba to play a two man midfield? Secondly, I am will to bet good money that neither Thiago or Koke would play well in there either. The reason we struggled in the second half is mainly because Cesc CAN'T function well in a two man mid. We often pushed him into the 10 or played 3 in the middle to accommodate.

When have you ever seen Thiago play a two man midfield??? LOL under pep the midfield is flooded with players and also wingbacks.

We're not talking about Messi or Ronaldo, we're talking about TODAY'S MARKETPLACE where there is more revenue and where one of a kind players go for a mint. I can name you dozens of Koke's and Alcantara's, you can't name me one player who can do the amount of things Pogba can. You can't even tell me what price Pogba is commanding other than the bullshit media stuff that is designed to make you talk.

So now we're trying to be Barcelona? is that how you see Chelsea??? Because I doubt Jose see's it that way and I bet Cesc doesn't see it like that either.

We're Chelsea our game is founded on Pace and Power... You can't ever convince me that we're better suited if we got Alcantara(LOLOLOL glass man in the prem??? hahaha) or Koke(perhaps an okay solution box to box) is a better fit for Jose Mourinho's Chelsea.... You just can't

When Thiago is fully fit he can boss midfield. Some of his 13/14 season games were amazing, literally Xavi mark on the midfield but with drive and tricks as well.

Talent wise Thiago is better than Pogba for me.

But it's irrevelant when he is so much injury prone. But I hope he leaves his injuries behind him, because he can be joy to watch.

Pogba has so much to learn yet. SO MUCH. He is not Mona Lisa of football now. If we go for buying potential world-beaters then go for Fekir. Why not anyone is suggesting in bidding 100m€ for him ?? This hype on Pogba is sick. One of WAGNH authors said that he would exchange Hazard for Pogba.

Would like Pogba though. But I hope this talk comes back to Earth where little over year ago Juventus demanded 40m€ for him.

Thiago does SOME things better than Pogba, but not all things. He's more creative and perhaps has better technique and passing but he's not a better tackler, not faster, not stronger, not a goal scorer, not a threat in the air and not versatile enough to play in multiple systems.

I don't understand why you complain so much about the price. Maybe 70m is too much for our standards, but in 2 or 3 years... With the new TV contract... Just see the evolution of the NBA, for example.

Agree. I actually thought Pogba played a good game yesterday without being sensational.

So why do you think we need Koke or Thiago when we have Fabregas? Part of the reason he tired in the second half was because he had more responsibility. If we get a Pogba he alleviates his responsibility and makes him freer to dictate the tempo.

Oh so Koke and Thiago can operate in a midfield two? What are you even talking about? firstly who said we want Pogba to play a two man midfield? Secondly, I am will to bet good money that neither Thiago or Koke would play well in there either. The reason we struggled in the second half is mainly because Cesc CAN'T function well in a two man mid. We often pushed him into the 10 or played 3 in the middle to accommodate.

When have you ever seen Thiago play a two man midfield??? LOL under pep the midfield is flooded with players and also wingbacks.

We're not talking about Messi or Ronaldo, we're talking about TODAY'S MARKETPLACE where there is more revenue and where one of a kind players go for a mint. I can name you dozens of Koke's and Alcantara's, you can't name me one player who can do the amount of things Pogba can. You can't even tell me what price Pogba is commanding other than the bullshit media stuff that is designed to make you talk.

So now we're trying to be Barcelona? is that how you see Chelsea??? Because I doubt Jose see's it that way and I bet Cesc doesn't see it like that either.

We're Chelsea our game is founded on Pace and Power... You can't ever convince me that we're better suited if we got Alcantara(LOLOLOL glass man in the prem??? hahaha) or Koke(perhaps an okay solution box to box) is a better fit for Jose Mourinho's Chelsea.... You just can't

Hi friend!

The main reason why I want Koke or Thiago Alcantara is because I think that our main problem throughout the season (except for the beginning of the season) was the movement of the ball and our inability to find spaces in games with few spaces.

And for me to beginning of the season we played a style very similar to Barcelona soccer. A style of football that practically all of us have declared admirers

of a style game with very fast movement of balloon.

I think if we have struggled for the ball movement and the matches with few spaces a player like Pogba is not exactly what we need.

Instead Koke is perfect for that. A player capable of playing a faster style of play and physical strength.

We can not sign as Real Madrid, only world stars without seeing our needs. We played well early in the season and we have to look ourselves in that mirror.

Regards.

Hi friend!

The main reason why I want Koke or Thiago Alcantara is because I think that our main problem throughout the season (except for the beginning of the season) was the movement of the ball and our inability to find spaces in games with few spaces.

And for me to beginning of the season we played a style very similar to Barcelona soccer. A style of football that practically all of us have declared admirers

of a style game with very fast movement of balloon.

I think if we have struggled for the ball movement and the matches with few spaces a player like Pogba is not exactly what we need.

Instead Koke is perfect for that. A player capable of playing a faster style of play and physical strength.

We can not sign as Real Madrid, only world stars without seeing our needs. We played well early in the season and we have to look ourselves in that mirror.

Regards.

Well there you have it. You prefer to play like Barcelona and Arsenal, I prefer good old fashioned Jose Mourinho football that adapts to whatever the game needs. That's why I want Pogba because he is capable of playing in any sort of game.

Only 2 players in the world are worth 80m. Suarez and Messi. Pogba is not, and i don't really think we need him. I prefer to improve the rw and cb future.

What are you a luddite? 80m is the new 70. There is more revenue in the game now so naturally player salaries and transfer fees will rise.

Well there you have it. You prefer to play like Barcelona and Arsenal, I prefer good old fashioned Jose Mourinho football that adapts to whatever the game needs. That's why I want Pogba because he is capable of playing in any sort of game.

Okay. But I think that can not be put at the same level Arsenal and Barcelona. I want to be like Barcelona, not like Arsenal.

In addition, we at the beginning of the season we did a similar game to Barcelona but with the style of play of Jose. That's my prototype team for next season with Matic - Koke - Fabregas and / Willian / Oscar / or Griezmann/ making us function like a clockwork.

But every opinion is important.

Regards.

lol at these Pogba fanboys, Thiago is most definitely the more talented and better player. A fully fit Thiago is one of the best midfielders in the world, certainly one of the best playmakers.

Hahahaha i really appreciate you guys. The laughs I get on the way to the office make me look like a crazy person but it's so entertaining.

Hahahaha i really appreciate you guys. The laughs I get on the way to the office make me look like a crazy person but it's so entertaining.

Whats so funny about that? the real joke is you fanboying over Pogba.

Look here, Mourinho wants to continue to play the same futbol from the first half season....or at least I hope so.

So if you ask me who will help him continue doing that I would say Thiago, or Koke over Pogba.

Whats so funny about that? the real joke is you fanboying over Pogba.

And the real joke was that he was actaully praying in a church for Pogba to come to chelsea that's what i call fanboying. It's no use to argue with this guy about Pogba, he clearly thinks that he is a Demi God and the best player in the world! He is of cource entitled to his own opinion but that don't mean it matters!!! I hope I never see Pogba in Chelsea colors, everyone who is remotely conected to Man U is scum and don't deserve to play for this club! And that's my opinion!

lol at these Pogba fanboys, Thiago is most definitely the more talented and better player. A fully fit Thiago is one of the best midfielders in the world, certainly one of the best playmakers.

He only has a very grave problem, he loses a lot of dangerous balls in the middle, This is a problem since he was in Barca that he can't correct so far. If he improve that, he absolutely can be the best playmaker for the next years.
Talking of Pogba, I don't have nothing to say, all of you saw his match yesterday.
This guy is a player with great conditions but with so much things to improve... a player in formation, not the superstar that a lot of people want to sell us. 70M for him is the joke of the century. Not even 40M worth this guy.

Lol. You guys are crazy. If you think Thiago is better than pogba. Entitled to your opinion but I really think you're wrong.

And I love how you say it with such assertion too.. "they're different players but he's definitely better" that make no sense btw.

Well you can compare them because they're both CMs, albeit different types, but essentially apart from his physicality and stature, Pogba is behind Thiago in almost every sense at the moment. He cannot control a game like Thiago does.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You