Paul Pogba

Madmax

Well there you have it. You prefer to play like Barcelona and Arsenal, I prefer good old fashioned Jose Mourinho football that adapts to whatever the game needs. That's why I want Pogba because he is capable of playing in any sort of game.

Koke and Thiago are both very adaptable players (more so than Pogba IMO) so that is sort of irrelevant.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can compare them because they're both CMs, albeit different types, but essentially apart from his physicality and stature, Pogba is behind Thiago in almost every sense at the moment. He cannot control a game like Thiago does.

I hear this come up so much when people are discussing players. What does that even mean? how do you quantify that?

Which player can actually 'control' a game by himself. Would he be able to control games playing for QPR??

It's such a biased quality to associate with players that it holds very little value imo.

You control games with your entire team, and if i had to make a guess, we would have more control with a Cesc, Matic, Hazard, Pogba, Willian midfield than a Cesc, Matic, Hazard, Thiago, Willian midfield

I hear this come up so much when people are discussing players. What does that even mean? how do you quantify that?

Which player can actually 'control' a game by himself. Would he be able to control games playing for QPR??

It's such a biased quality to associate with players that it holds very little value imo.

You control games with your entire team, and if i had to make a guess, we would have more control with a Cesc, Matic, Hazard, Pogba, Willian midfield than a Cesc, Matic, Hazard, Thiago, Willian midfield

You quantify it by watching games and looking at the player who's the most influential in possession and out of possession. He's the heartbeat of his team. Sets the tempo, is the proper playmaker of the team, recognises what spaces to infiltrate at the right time, makes the best decisions at the right time etc... Pogba doesn't do much of that yet. At Juve, Pirlo controls and sets the pace of the game for them.

A controller is pretty interchangeable with playmaker. Think Xavi, Pirlo etc.

I'm not advocating that we should buy Thiago btw, literally just stating that he's a better player because he sees the game a lot better than Pogba does atm. Pogba is still learning how to do that but it's just natural for Thiago.

So much hilarity!! I love you guys man! Anyways I have no doubt the debate will war on for at least another few months so instead of making this joke stale I'll wait a little while longer before I come back for more laughs. Thanks though guys you are all amazingly talented.

You quantify it by watching games and looking at the player who's the most influential in possession and out of possession. He's the heartbeat of his team. Sets the tempo, is the proper playmaker of the team, recognises what spaces to infiltrate at the right time, makes the best decisions at the right time etc... Pogba doesn't do much of that yet. At Juve, Pirlo controls and sets the pace of the game for them.

A controller is pretty interchangeable with playmaker. Think Xavi, Pirlo etc.

I'm not advocating that we should buy Thiago btw, literally just stating that he's a better player because he sees the game a lot better than Pogba does atm. Pogba is still learning how to do that but it's just natural for Thiago.

Okay, so you were basically meaning a playmaker.

But that is what Cesc is supposed to do. Don't think adding another one would improve our team drastically. One of the area's where we suffered heavily this season were the games where we were pressed alot. Nobody could pass their way out of trouble or was strong enough to keep opposing players at bay.

Thiago is more someone who would try to pass himself out of the pressing but i don't think that fits with how mou sets out his team, he doesn't like to play risky passes in posession and run the risk of getting countered against.

Even though it wasn't Pogba's best match yesterday he was virtually untouchable when he had the ball, could keep players at armslength with ease much like Yaya and would fit better into our current team profile.

I can understand your preference for someone like thiago and towards a more possession based playing style with good, quick overall passing but that would require basically an entire overhaul of how we operate.

Someone like Pogba would have more effect in our system, Thiago would be better for Van Gaal's United team i feel

Pogba is good player but he's not world class at all. I know he has lot of potential to be a world beater and has good physicality.. but seriously he's not worth 100m Euros...

I think we should give chance to Ruben Loftus Cheek who is also in similar mould to Pogba physicality wise and has good technique... I'm really looking forward to him next season. He could very well be our own Pogba.

snap mate i 100% agree with u

So much hilarity!! I love you guys man! Anyways I have no doubt the debate will war on for at least another few months so instead of making this joke stale I'll wait a little while longer before I come back for more laughs. Thanks though guys you are all amazingly talented.

If you cant be a part of a certain discussion - you dont have to. Wtiring those posts of "you make me laugh, hahaha" just make you look foolish.

Sometimes i dont take a part in a discussion because i know i dont have the patience, so im just leaving the topic, or just reading without writing.

Okay, so you were basically meaning a playmaker.

But that is what Cesc is supposed to do. Don't think adding another one would improve our team drastically. One of the area's where we suffered heavily this season were the games where we were pressed alot. Nobody could pass their way out of trouble or was strong enough to keep opposing players at bay.

Thiago is more someone who would try to pass himself out of the pressing but i don't think that fits with how mou sets out his team, he doesn't like to play risky passes in posession and run the risk of getting countered against.

Even though it wasn't Pogba's best match yesterday he was virtually untouchable when he had the ball, could keep players at armslength with ease much like Yaya and would fit better into our current team profile.

I can understand your preference for someone like thiago and towards a more possession based playing style with good, quick overall passing but that would require basically an entire overhaul of how we operate.

Someone like Pogba would have more effect in our system, Thiago would be better for Van Gaal's United team i feel

You're possibly right, but I honestly wasn't discussing who fits our system better. Simply stating who I thought was the better player. Pogba can be the better player in the long haul but he still has a lot to learn. The raw ability is there, he just needs to learn how to use it to its maximum. Thiago is already along those lines. The only thing that's really stopped Thiago are his injuries. He's also obviously a top talent himself.

NIKE ALWAYS RISES.

Nikism is already taken into full effect on this forum.

Only to be struck down within minutes.

I enjoy how everyone is sucking off thiago now...

I enjoy how you keep getting banned...

Obviously he will leave at some point but I wouldnt be surprised if he stays for another few years at juve.

Juve is playing in CL final, wins domestic titles every year and has good financial situation (even more money if they win CL). If Pogba would only want to be at big club, he would stay in United who was back then still among top 5 teams in europe.

Besides i dont know why people still see Juve as second tier club? They are on rise, dont forget they were in serie B few years ago and are now in CL final. Bayern was quite shit in 2008, but now they are one of best teams in the world.

If juve gets one or two top players for relatively cheap money (like they did with Tevez, Vidal and Pirlo, they will rival best teams in europe consistently for few years to come.

What goes around comes around, Im sure juventus will once be as great as they were decade ago.

Besides i dont know why people still see Juve as second tier club? They are on rise, dont forget they were in serie B few years ago and are now in CL final. Bayern was quite shit in 2008, but now they are one of best teams in the world.

Because there are at the very least 10 clubs in Europe with deeper pockets than Juventus. Bayern are one of them. im not an expert so i dont know what changed for them since 2008. Think they were always a rich club but never spended a lot for players. They grow this WC winner generation of Muller, Lahm, schweinsteiger, Neur etc. Im not sure Juventus could follow the same path, they'll need some very smart signings while not losing their stars for big wages elsewhere.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You