Paul Pogba

Madmax

This is one of the best things I've seen you write. I now understand why you prefer Koke to Pogba.

I want a classic Jose Mourinho midfield with pace, power and goals.

Pogba, Matic and Cesc would without question boss the midfield! That to me is a much more balanced midfield than Koke, Cesc and Matic. Option one we have everything option 2 we are lacking.

And while Pogba is far from a guy you can rely on setting tempo, he is without question closer to being the most complete midfielder in the game than Koke. He can pretty much play any style any formation and not look out of place.

Hi friend!

True, Pogba is the style of midfielder who Jose often used. But this year Jose has signed Fabregas and the beginning of the season we have shown that we can play close to perfection with a style of game that mixes the traditional style of Jose with the playing style of Barcelona.

And Koke would fit perfectly in this puzzle. A player capable of playing one-touch With the ball.

With a midfield with Matic - Pogba - Fabregas we would still have the same problem of this season: When our opponents are able to stop Fabregas, we are lost. When our rivals are facing us posing a match with few spaces enclosed behind in their box, we are lost.

In contrast a midfield with Matic - Pogba - Fabregas would fix the problem, With Ruben Loftus-Cheek slowly taking minutes as box to box. A more balanced workforce.

Regards.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi friend!

True, Pogba is the style of midfielder who Jose often used. But this year Jose has signed Fabregas and the beginning of the season we have shown that we can play close to perfection with a style of game that mixes the traditional style of Jose with the playing style of Barcelona.

And Koke would fit perfectly in this puzzle. A player capable of playing one-touch With the ball.

With a midfield with Matic - Pogba - Fabregas we would still have the same problem of this season: When our opponents are able to stop Fabregas, we are lost. When our rivals are facing us posing a match with few spaces enclosed behind in their box, we are lost.

In contrast a midfield with Matic - Pogba - Fabregas would fix the problem, With Ruben Loftus-Cheek slowly taking minutes as box to box. A more balanced workforce.

Regards.

Ya we're clearly at an impasse. What you see in Koke I only sort of see... He hasn't really shown that he can dictate the tempo, Atletico play primarily on the counter attack and surrender possession to the opposition. They don't even really recycle the possession well because they play so direct and like to get it into the channels. What makes you think dictate the tempo? he attempts 52 passes a game on average and completes them less than 80% of the time. If you want a guy who dictates tempo you are better off with someone like Verratti, Gundogan, Biglia, Pjanic, Kroos, Rakitic. The one area I would say Koke is superior is work rate, he has a tireless engine and runs a lot of miles each game. He works hard.

What you call balance I call meh... Koke has better vision than Ramires but has less goals. He can open up teams with cleverness I guess but he completes passes at a similar rate to Ramires(Ramires is actually better)

In Pogba you get an elite athlete you can mould into anything you want him to be, that's why he's gonna cost more than 60m because he is a player who hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential and is already one of the best midfielders in the world. Imagine what Jose can do with a player like that for a second? Its scary... You have limited upside with Koke and limitless upside with Pogba.

Actually, Pogba can bring more freedom for Cesc with his movement without the ball.

We're not gonna play some posicional game or something similar because we don't have the players. Even with Koke, a player who maybe can play for that type of system but can't be the one who maintain a possession and create some advantages with that. The guy even can't do the Cesc role satisfactorily. His successful pass average is pretty mediocre, especially if he is the next Xavi(i read it here).

So, who can make more difference individually? The spaniard is amazing especially when he reach the 3/4 of the field, but he's more limited than Pogba, who is a fucking swiss knife.

For this league, especially, Paul is more.

So, between Koke for 60 and Pogba for 80, my election it's pretty clear.

Actually, Pogba can bring more freedom for Cesc with his movement without the ball.

We're not gonna play some posicional game or something similar because we don't have the players. Even with Koke, a player who maybe can play for that type of system but can't be the one who maintain a possession and create some advantages with that. The guy even can't do the Cesc role satisfactorily. His successful pass average is pretty mediocre, especially if he is the next Xavi(i read it here).

So, who can make more difference individually? The spaniard is amazing especially when he reach the 3/4 of the field, but he's more limited than Pogba, who is a fucking swiss knife.

For this league, especially, Paul is more.

So, between Koke for 60 and Pogba for 80, my election it's pretty clear.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees this. I think a lot of people theorize on what Koke is without looking at the hard evidence. He's become a hot name but he's still only a decent player, not the guy who will put us in that upper echelon.

Ya we're clearly at an impasse. What you see in Koke I only sort of see... He hasn't really shown that he can dictate the tempo, Atletico play primarily on the counter attack and surrender possession to the opposition. They don't even really recycle the possession well because they play so direct and like to get it into the channels. What makes you think dictate the tempo? he attempts 52 passes a game on average and completes them less than 80% of the time. If you want a guy who dictates tempo you are better off with someone like Verratti, Gundogan, Biglia, Pjanic, Kroos, Rakitic. The one area I would say Koke is superior is work rate, he has a tireless engine and runs a lot of miles each game. He works hard.

What you call balance I call meh... Koke has better vision than Ramires but has less goals. He can open up teams with cleverness I guess but he completes passes at a similar rate to Ramires(Ramires is actually better)

In Pogba you get an elite athlete you can mould into anything you want him to be, that's why he's gonna cost more than 60m because he is a player who hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential and is already one of the best midfielders in the world. Imagine what Jose can do with a player like that for a second? Its scary... You have limited upside with Koke and limitless upside with Pogba.

Hi friend!

Probably you're right. In fact I also believe that the best manager for Pogba is Jose. It's just that I think that our needs are different.

Although I have a different vision on Koke.

But I think there is just something that can put us agree on this thread...

Regards.

Hi friend!

Probably you're right. In fact I also believe that the best manager for Pogba is Jose. It's just that I think that our needs are different.

Although I have a different vision on Koke.

But I think there is just something that can put us agree on this thread...

Regards.

Your vision of Koke is he is a tempo guy who can play off of Cesc, I'm not so sure he can dictate tempo and DEFINITELY not anywhere near the level of Cesc. He's a cog in the engine but he doesn't make his team go.

I think what you want is another playmaker, Koke is good in that role but not exceptional. As a matter of fact the only part of his game I think is excpetional is his work rate.

I watched Pogba today against Napoli, you could tell they were paying close attention to him he never really got too many opportunities to turn and face the goal with the ball. They pressed him all game. What I did notice in that game is how beautiful a player Marchisio is! He controlled the tempo well and was afforded more space because of the marking of Pogba.

What's pogba's strengths and weaknesses?

Goalscoring.

Pace.

Technical ability

Dribbling

Very strong

Long passes

Through balls

Contributes defensively

Good in the air

Fouls a lot

Doesn't play the game at a high tempo

Not very consistent

Upright, doesn't look to have the best balance

Not the best at recycling possession, gives it away a bit.

http://www.realmadrid.com/noticias/2015/05/comunicado-oficial-2

Looks like Madrid doesn't participate in this race.

Well if its true Real Madrid don't want in it brings the price down considerably and also changes the queue for potential suitors.

Man City - will definitely be in. I doubt they will be able to throw crazy cash at him but they will make an attempt.

PSG - Same as City though they maybe have more ability to sign him since they have movable assets on their team(Cavani, Verratti)

Chelsea - Without doubt will be bidding if it were up to me. We have the perfect set up for Pogba to come in and play without too much pressure.

Barca - Everyone seems to think this is where he'll end up which would make sense if they go to a 4-3-3 but that almost guarantees the end of Iniesta... I think if Pogba goes this summer it won't be to Barca because of the transfer embargo and the lack of a real spot with Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta.

Man Utd - Maybe, they have the money and with Real seemingly out of the race the likelihood of capturing his signature increases for everyone.

In truth I think if we go in we'll win him. Jose is without question the best manager in the world and he is probably a better fit for Pogba than even Hazard as far as reaching his full potential goes.

Raiola saying things like "he'll go to the club who offers the most".

Rumors about asking Barcelona to be their best paid player after Messi.

Rumors in France about him wanting Barcelona or Real, not PSG or the English clubs.

Cant see us going for him anymore.

Raiola saying things like "he'll go to the club who offers the most".

Rumors about asking Barcelona to be their best paid player after Messi.

Rumors in France about him wanting Barcelona or Real, not PSG or the English clubs.

Cant see us going for him anymore.

Unrealistic. Neymar will be number 2 and suarez 3. No way they are paying a midfielder the second most to the guy who makes the most in the world.

That's impossible because FFP reasons. They already have a problem.

About the rumors, i only believe in: "He'll go to the club who offers the most". We already know than Madrid doesn't want the trade, so the rumors that relate Pogba with the white club are pretty much just a strategy of Raiola to achieve the best possible contract.

If we really want the player, we are just behind the pole position(Barcelona).

IF PSG get Cech, Pogba and Di Maria/Reus/Bale, they can finally challenged for champs league...

cech

vdw marquinhos silva maxwell

verrati luiz pogba

moura zlatan reus

hmmm.. not bad... still need a good coach though.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You