Paul Pogba

Madmax

Because there are at the very least 10 clubs in Europe with deeper pockets than Juventus. Bayern are one of them. im not an expert so i dont know what changed for them since 2008. Think they were always a rich club but never spended a lot for players. They grow this WC winner generation of Muller, Lahm, schweinsteiger, Neur etc. Im not sure Juventus could follow the same path, they'll need some very smart signings while not losing their stars for big wages elsewhere.

Bayern bought Neuer. In regards to Juve, they'll only get stronger. The fact that they once their own stadium is a reason they are ahead of the rest of the league. However, I still think they will be a selling club for several years to come.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there are at the very least 10 clubs in Europe with deeper pockets than Juventus. Bayern are one of them. im not an expert so i dont know what changed for them since 2008. Think they were always a rich club but never spended a lot for players. They grow this WC winner generation of Muller, Lahm, schweinsteiger, Neur etc. Im not sure Juventus could follow the same path, they'll need some very smart signings while not losing their stars for big wages elsewhere.

Im sure Juve will regain quite some money power (obviously not to compete with Real, Barca etc ,but enough to pay their players). And its not about money. Atletico, Juve, Bvb are examples of it in recent years. However its about project, club policy (profit or trophies) etc. If Juve can get their project to continue, they will eventualy earn reputation and players will want to play for them again. Obviously its no chance that Pogba will stay at juve (even Zidane left when juve were a massive massive club), but Juve growth will continue and key for them is to keep the level of quality in team (Bvb failed big time with replacing their key players with new ones). The rise they made in past 5 years is incredible. Playing in serie B and now in CL final, while you see Milan and Inter stagnate year after year is unbelievable.

Btw Juve is doing bussines very well. They spent only 40m on Tevez, Pogba, Vidal, Evra, Pirlo etc. Its all about the project. Real has ability to buy Bale every year but this didnt get them past Juve this year. And only star Juve is facing to lose is Pogba. I dont think Chiellini, Vidal, Marchisio,Tevez, etc will leave, not to mention Buffon, Pirlo...but age is problem indeed.

IMO people rate money in football way too high. Money is guarantee not to fall behind others, but it definately isnt guarantee to get above others. Many other aspects like team work, tactics, player-manager relationship, etc are more important than money alone.

As you can see Atletico, Juve, Bvb (or Porto, Monaco,...in past) have reached CL finals, domestic success etc, but the hardest part is what to do after that. If you sell half of team and dont bring proper replacements, you fall. However I think Juve will benefit from either Pogba stay or 80m he will bring to them.

Its also how you spent the money, not how much money you have.

Bayern bought Neuer. In regards to Juve, they'll only get stronger. The fact that they once their own stadium is a reason they are ahead of the rest of the league. However, I still think they will be a selling club for several years to come.

Who exactly can they sell now though? Pogba, Vidal and Morata due to that clause of all important players.

Fact that they are interested in players like Dybala says alot about their future plans too.

I think Juve don't necessarily need to spend huge, they are the most attractive club in Italy due to their history for a start, constantly winning the league the last 4 or 5 years as well as having their own stadium and more finances than other Italian clubs, they will always effectively have first dibs on the top talent in Italy if they really want it and despite the Italian league not being what it was, there are a lot of very talented young players there. Dybala will probably go to Juve if hes smart, as well as the fact they have u21 players like Berardi (aged 20, nearly scored 40 goals in 100 games), Kingsley Coman and Stefano Sturaro (22 but still young) who are talented as well. Don't necessarily think they will ever be a top top club again in the near future but I backed them to go through against Real Madrid in the first leg because they have got a really really good team with experience and youth too. They've always had that about them, good experience but a few guys breaking through like Pogba, Morata, Sturaro, Coman.

Just to be clear, im not saying Juventus are going to fall again.. i just dont think their future is to "only get stronger" like LAM09 said.

First thing i need to say, i dont think this current Juventus are a GREAT side. They are a very good team, the best in Italy by miles and one of the 8 current best teams in europe, but I think they've been quite lucky in their CL campaign,

i dont think it reflected their quaility. But its not the issue, draws and luck are a part of the game and they did great overall.

I believe they'll keep their position around the 8-10 best teams of the continent, but not more than that. I dont think they'll get to many semi finals and finals. The current side lacks significant amount of creativity and flair, and those kind of flair and creativity players cost a lot of money in todays market. Im not sure they can compete with other top clubs for the signature of those players. For example, for two windows they wanted to sign a #10, they were looking and trying to get many players, in the end they got Pereyra (the 2nd choice was Wesley Sneijder). Pereyra is a good player, but not what they were aiming for, they couldnt get expensive players so they had to compromise.

With their ageing squad, in a short time they'll need to make many changes - Pirlo, Tevez, Bufon, Chiellini, Evra, Lichtsteiner. The sell of Pogba would help them doing that, but im having it hard to believe they would compete with Europe's elite on a regular basis, like more than what they're doing now - 2 seasons ago 16 stage, last season group stage, this season final... i can see it going in a similar way. As opposed to them, Bayern, Barcelona, PSG, Chelsea, Real, United, City all have the huge resources. Thats 7 clubs.

I think they'll need to be extremely smart, and others to be stupid (which happens), to be better and more dominant than what i expect from them. I think money talks, and even if its not always the case, in the end its the issue that stops the less-wealthy clubs from being consistent.

The Yaya comparison is quite lazy, this label is pretty much as lazy as labeling Lukaku as Drogba 2.0. Pogba is a different player from Yaya. Yaya is much more effective passing and can make a difference on the pitch with his passing, Pogba on the hand i have not seen it

Pogba is more like an extremely talented version of Ramires, if you want a comparison to his style.

When Yaya was younger and even later, he had much more drive and pace in him than Pogba has. You can see him run through half field using his strength and speed. I havent seen Pogba do that many times. At free kicks, Yaya was also miles better than Pogba. Elsewhere they are both quite similar. Both are strong, skilled and posses a powerful shot. Potential wise, Pogba has it skyhigh now and if he gets there, he will be a better player than Yaya.

Though I have been thinking, football nowdays is oriented in way that big tall players just arent recognized as #10, but through careers Pogba and Yaya are naturaly much more AMs than they are DMs, despite their body structure.

CHELSEA will have to part ways with Oscar in order to sign Juventus star Paul Pogba, according to reports in Italy.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/579154/Chelsea-Juventus-Paul-Pogba-Oscar-Deal

juventus want £70m for pogba fuck me pogba overpriced to fuck :ph34r:

CHELSEA will have to part ways with Oscar in order to sign Juventus star Paul Pogba, according to reports in Italy.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/579154/Chelsea-Juventus-Paul-Pogba-Oscar-Deal

juventus want £70m for pogba fuck me pogba overpriced to fuck :ph34r:

Pogba is not worth one cent more than 40mil pounds imo. Central midfielders are never meant to cost that much unless you're Zidane.

Pogba is not worth one cent more than 40mil pounds imo. Central midfielders are never meant to cost that much unless you're Zidane.

i agree mate the transfer window is going into meltdown this summer

Why do we keep bringing Express reports?

They are quoting Tuttomercatoweb (who are probably the shitiest Italian source) for something they didnt even wrote. Im quoting Express: "Tuttomercatoweb claims that the Blues are leading the race for Pogba signature, with Roman Abramovich and Jose Mourinho both agreeing that Pogba can take the club to the next level."

You can go to Tuttomercatoweb, you wont find anything about Pogba-Chelsea.

Tuttomercatoweb published one article today about Oscar, an "Exclusive", it says Juventus are after Oscar and already landed in London to meet with Chelsea and Oscar entourage. Nothing about Pogba, Express trying to make it more intresting with a "swap deal".

Here's the article about Oscar-Juve

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=158210

What is the price of Oscar now ?. I think about 30 million pounds.

25 minimum and 44 million pounds at most.

And Ramires can cost 10 million pounds.

The price of Pogba, for me, should be between 44 and 60 million. But it seems that the final price could be 70 million euros.

To me it is indifferent:

1. Pogba = Money + Oscar + Ramires.

2. A. Pogba = Money. B. Oscar and Ramires sold to other teams.

I still prefer Koke. And I would love the option of Yaya Toure. I think they, Koke and / or Yaya Toure should be our main objectives. And sell Oscar.

And I think that we are not in the fight for Pogba now.

By the way, I think we will sign a big midfielder. But if we we signed, for example, Pogba and we sell Oscar, that would mean that we will sign two midfielders?.

Regards.

Why do we keep bringing Express reports?

They are quoting Tuttomercatoweb (who are probably the shitiest Italian source) for something they didnt even wrote. Im quoting Express: "Tuttomercatoweb claims that the Blues are leading the race for Pogba signature, with Roman Abramovich and Jose Mourinho both agreeing that Pogba can take the club to the next level."

You can go to Tuttomercatoweb, you wont find anything about Pogba-Chelsea.

Tuttomercatoweb published one article today about Oscar, an "Exclusive", it says Juventus are after Oscar and already landed in London to meet with Chelsea and Oscar entourage. Nothing about Pogba, Express trying to make it more intresting with a "swap deal".

Here's the article about Oscar-Juve

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=158210

Oh it must not be true then... what publications are to be trusted in England?

Oh it must not be true then... what publications are to be trusted in England?

Im not sure, you're being cynical here? you think you should trust a paper who blatantly lying to you like i just showed?

They falsely quote a foreign paper, cause they assume you're dumb enough to belive its a real quote without checking if its correct. And they do it all the time.

There are more trusted papers in England like Sky Sports, Times, Telegraph and Guardian, even the Mirror are probably better. All of them can be inaccurate and wrong in a lot of cases, but Express , Daily Star and The Sun are a lot worse.

Im not sure, you're being cynical here? you think you should trust a paper who blatantly lying to you like i just showed?

They falsely quote a foreign paper, cause they assume you're dumb enough to belive its a real quote without checking if its correct. And they do it all the time.

There are more trusted papers in England like Sky Sports, Times, Telegraph and Guardian, even the Mirror are probably better. All of them can be inaccurate and wrong in a lot of cases, but Express , Daily Star and The Sun are a lot worse.

Oh!! Okay thanks!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11513277/Chelsea-may-sell-Oscar-and-Ramires-to-fund-Paul-Pogba-transfer.html

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You