Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Why are you guys talking about Lampard in such a negative fashion? WE didn't offer him a new contract. New York was the only club that wanted him (melbourne too, but same difference) that was his only option. He's too much of a pro to retire because we don't want him anymore, football genuinely is his life. He's a true legend of this club, the best player to ever play for us. Our all time highest goalscorer. A true gentleman.

Why? He's done it all with us. I bet you guys weren't saying this when he scored THAT goal against Barca.

Because hiding behind the keyboard is easy to say anything. Wait until we play them at Stamford Bridge and someone on here come out holding the banner Judas Lampard, they will probably be kicked out of the stadium or start a fight among the fans.

Also it is just in the heat of the moment, give it a few days and most people who said it will calm down and feel apologetic inside. It is the same with people talking shit about Drogba for his terrible peformance(me included) against Schalke, now looking back it doesn't really matter anymore as we still have 5 games to make it right. In theory the result today was a good one for us considering all the other top teams bar Arsenal lost.

Jose has said he DID offer him a new deal, yes it was less money but doesn't he have enough already??

The less money contract was fine for our Captain but no Frank so he goes to as Jose said today 'our main competitors' and the 'the love story is over'

Yeah I agree Jose after the love everyone gave Frank he was desperate to score and grab out points and the headlines, thanks Frank.

Jose has said he DID offer him a new deal, yes it was less money but doesn't he have enough already??

The less money contract was fine for our Captain but no Frank so he goes to as Jose said today 'our main competitors' and the 'the love story is over'

Yeah I agree Jose after the love everyone gave Frank he was desperate to score and grab out points and the headlines, thanks Frank.

As I said above, he's a true pro. If in the contract he didn't offer him sufficient playing time, I don't blame him for leaving. He wants to play, and if he won't get that here, he'll have to get it somewhere else.

Because hiding behind the keyboard is easy to say anything. Wait until we play them at Stamford Bridge and someone on here come out holding the banner Judas Lampard, they will probably be kicked out of the stadium or start a fight among the fans.

Also it is just in the heat of the moment, give it a few days and most people who said it will calm down and feel apologetic inside. It is the same with people talking shit about Drogba for his terrible peformance(me included) against Schalke, now looking back it doesn't really matter anymore as we still have 5 games to make it right. In theory the result today was a good one for us considering all the other top teams bar Arsenal lost.

Exactly, doubt they would say it out loud, in front of other fans.

Also the Lampard contract issue is a delicate situation. Lets say we offered him 50k per week to stay for 1 more year, but New york offered 100k for 2 years. Why on Earth would he turns them down and stay? Being a legend is all and earn you love from your fans but this is a job and he is into the last 3 years of his career, he need to make as much as possible to set him up for life.

Will fans love pay him those 50k per week difference in the future?

Also the Lampard contract issue is a delicate situation. Lets say we offered him 50k per week to stay for 1 more year, but New york offered 100k for 2 years. Why on Earth would he turns them down and stay? Being a legend is all and earn you love from your fans but this is a job and he is into the last 3 years of his career, he need to make as much as possible to set him up for life.

Will fans love pay him those 50k per week difference in the future?

The lesser contract was fine for JT, he loves this club and obviously doesnt want to be anywhere else.

Frank chose CITY of all places??

People can feel how they feel and I AM ENTITLED to say how I feel.

He really didn't need to do it, ah well done now, points and game gone.

Onto the next one we are doing exactly what Frank wanted everyone to be talking about him.

He wanted the glory, he got it :)

You may have noticed by the fact that the Lampard thread is locked that we are trying to minimize the talking about Frank while all the emotions are high. It will be opened tomorrow when everyone has calmed down.

Thread locked.