Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Seriously i was already warned buddy,so general chat is bad now? I was on TC before TC ever happened buddy.You joined 10 days ago and you are ordering staff for banning a member?

Wow serious connections you have here mate.

gregg-popovich-laughing-gif.gif

I don't want anyone to be 'warned', I just want people to challenge an opposing argument, rather than skip around it with insults.

My stance grew stronger on this subject, when I realised nobody has a good counter. Other than tripe about 'real' fans and being 'professional', like's he's a slave who was forced to sign for the City family and a team that doesn't exist yet.

Frank Lampard is a wolf in John Terry clothing.

Exactly you have been very fair, honest and civilised in your response and I have tried to do that also. We both share hugely different opinions to many people here, it doesn't mean we are wrong. We just feel differently about Franks decisions. That is all.

I don't want anyone to be 'warned', I just want people to challenge an opposing argument, rather than skip around it with insults.

My stance grew stronger on this subject, when I realised nobody has a good counter. Other than tripe about 'real' fans and being 'professional', like's he's a slave who was forced to sign for the City family and a team that doesn't exist yet.

Frank Lampard is a wolf in John Terry clothing.

Nobody has likened being a professional to being a slave except you. Yeah, he didn't have to sign the contract but he did. It happens in life and football. It has happened before Lampard and will happen after Lampard. But what we have all seen from him is that he obviously loves football and will put 100% effort on the pitch everytime. That is what people mean when they call him a proffessional, he has a job and he does it. It is quite simple really.

I mentioned this in the post match thread and I am going to put it here as well now since this was locked at the time.

I have changed my opinion on the Lamps situation. When it all happened I was upset and angry.

Watching him after his goal, he just got up and walked away. He looked gutted. After the game he barely acknowledged the City fans and went straight to the Chelsea fans. It looked as if he was going to burst into tears. In 3 post match interviews of his I have seen of his, he always referred to City as 'City' or 'this club', he never used the words 'us' or 'we'. I don't think he feels any affiliation with them at all. He is a Chelsea boy at heart and always will be.

And as for people who say he shouldn't have scored? He is a professional footballer! His job is to do the best for Manchester City. That's why they pay his wages! He is not going to gather the ball, turn around and hoof it clear is he!

He may have taken two points off us yesterday but after all the points he won for us over the years, all the championships, cups and memories. I'll forgive him for it

People say there's a difference between a player and a manager.

But I don't see much difference as they both are professional.

When Mourinho came with Inter we didn't hate him, despite him knocking us out of the CL.

So I see no difference here despite the image that Lampard has with the club.

He's a professional and does his job like Mourinho did.

But they both love the club and at one time will come back, like Mourinho did.

I mean if you love the club like Mourinho did he will put his ego aside and say, I will work with you Roman despite what happened in the past.

Same it will be with Lampard. I will work with the club despite what happened in the past.

Lampard is a legend and one day he will come back to the club.

Lampard is a traitor for me. Can't see John Terry joining a direct rival. Lampard didn't only applaud the Chelsea fans but also went to all City-fans and celebrated with them. R.I.P. Lamps. I won't forgive him the move to City.

He is doing his job? Yes. But would Terry, Drogba or even Essien, Cole go to a direct rival? I doubt it. Cole refused an offer from Liverpool because of Chelsea.
I am forgetting Lampard's years at the bridge?

No. We paid him his salary and he did his job and was lucky to be playing in a top team. Don't know why I should be so massively thankful. He is no legend for me anymore. Drogba, Terry, Ballack are players and legends who deserve respect.

Top professional means he did his job. Regardless of illness, disgreement with club officials, or any other sort of thing. He did what he had to do for City. Does it hurt? Of course, but one goal doesn't change the 211 he put in for us. What he gave to this club vs Bolton, Pool, Bayern, Barca, Napoli. He bled blue for 12 years, until we thought we didn't need him. Is he supposed to leave his family for over a year (Australia then NYC like some suggest he should have) to please us? Is he supposed to not play? I understand where you guys, Term X and The Flash, are coming from, but I don't think his legacy is harmed. He said a few times he knew the club was affiliated with City but he never thought he'd play for them. It's just the way things played out, they gave him the opportunity and he is a football player so of course he wants to compete. If we do what we have to, we should win the league. If we don't win the league cause of 2 points dropped in September, then we don't deserve to win. We didn't lose the league last year cause of draws at Trafford and Emirates. We didnt win the league cause of poor showings at Villa and Sunderland in April and May. Frank is a legend who captained us to Champions League glory and I for one won't forget that along with everything else he gave us.

We love you, Super Frank.

People have given up so much for so little. Twelve years for a few minutes in a game. I know it may feel like he is burning the bridges with us; the fans, but that doesn't mean we have to burn the bridge back. He was our hero for twelve long years and nothing can take that away. All the matches he won, the goals scored the moments of shear amazement. He is a human being, they make mistakes. G

How can you say he has no love for the club after playing a Champions League match after his mother passed away? To say that is disrespecting something so precious. If he didn't care about football or the club why did he do it? Why did he go onto the pitch in such an emotional state?