Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I think some people are over reacting to Frank's decision. His original intention was to join New York City, but the relationship between Man City and New York City is such that a loan move from New York to Man City is more appealing to the clubs than a loan move to another club. - For example, I suspect that New York will be paying Frank's wages at present and will have also allowed him to move on loan without a fee. This will therefore aid Man City in the FFP requirements.

People need to see past the badges of the clubs. The relationship between New York City and Man City and the likely FFP bonuses that Man City are likely to receive would have undoubtedly twisted Frank's arm.

I admire Frank for everything he has done for Chelsea and wish him the best of luck with the rest of his career. Anyone with different thoughts should have a good think about what qualities they look for in a player/person.

Oh this whole fallacy about 'you wouldn't say this at the bridge' is crap. I was there a few weeks ago and spoke to fans who were equally uneasy about Lampard joining City. The fact that Stamford Bridge is being portrayed like some ultra stadium is amusing tbh

Some of you seriously need to get out more and grow up. Its football guys. Just football.

Dont you have anything in your lives to worry about more than Frank Lampard? Christ.

Almost positive people aren't overly concerned about Frank and City outside of this forum. You make is seem like they are constantly worrying about it lol.

I find it ludocrious how people keep on and on supporting Lampard 100%, yet ironizing the members who are upset.

In case some of you don't know yet Terry is with us this day because he loves the club and doesn't care for the money same can be said about Cech who is on the bench day in and day out yet he wanted to stay. Mourinho wanted Lampard to stay but with less money something Lampard couldn't accept. I mean really? Sure he would get paid 100k each week in United States while maybe getting half of it with us. But the point is this guy is already filthy rich 50k a week is probably more than most of us make in a lifetime.

Also i ask the people who support him, please stop bullshiting the other members Lampard most likely had offers from other teams also but with less money. If he indeed gave a shit about our club he wouldn't go to our rivals owner, even more disappointing the fact he accepted the Loan to City.

Also why was that little cunt Mikel smiling when we lost 2 points and a former player scored against us. Hopefully he gets a plane ticket to italy next season.

Drogba is shit since he came but im not very disappointed of him for that. But how in the name of Abramovic can he fucking take a free kick when half of them can actually hit it better and not bomb it way out. Was he instructed by Mourinho to take free kicks? If not what the fuck was he doing there to take it? Its moments like this that piss me off. Selfish and Arrogant thats how it call it.

To score a goal against the entity that made and call you a "Legend"... Well, that is something that Steven I-assist-against-my-team Gerrard would be proud of.

the fine difference being, Steve G actually has cost his team titles playing for it. Lamps played against us has not cost us anything so far. We will still win the league even though with 2 points less now.

HOnestly, the way we played after the 1-0 we invited City to score. That Lampard did it makes it all the more frustrating, but if he hadn't it is highly probable somone else did it.

I have no problems with him scoring yesterday. He's a city player and if he's on the pitch he has to do his job.

However, I have a problem with him joining City. I want to hear a good reason for him joining City. Only one I can think of is money. And if he's upset all Chelsea fans just for some money, then I def have a problem with that.

I'll never forget what he's done for Chelsea, he's our greatest ever player. But I will also never forget he broke his promise and joined a direct rival.

Yeah people shouldn't go overboard about Frank, but I don't have a problem with that. I can understand that feeling too. Some had ok reactions while others had very poor ones, but we all loved Frank before yesterday, don't forget that before slagging off people for their poor reactions.

The more I think about it, not only Frank upset all Chelsea fans, some more than others, he's turned them against each other too.

Greatest ever Chelsea player, always will be. But not my favourite Chelsea player.

I find it ludocrious how people keep on and on supporting Lampard 100%, yet ironizing the members who are upset.

In case some of you don't know yet Terry is with us this day because he loves the club and doesn't care for the money same can be said about Cech who is on the bench day in and day out yet he wanted to stay. Mourinho wanted Lampard to stay but with less money something Lampard couldn't accept. I mean really? Sure he would get paid 100k each week in United States while maybe getting half of it with us. But the point is this guy is already filthy rich 50k a week is probably more than most of us make in a lifetime.

Also i ask the people who support him, please stop bullshiting the other members Lampard most likely had offers from other teams also but with less money. If he indeed gave a shit about our club he wouldn't go to our rivals owner, even more disappointing the fact he accepted the Loan to City.

Also why was that little cunt Mikel smiling when we lost 2 points and a former player scored against us. Hopefully he gets a plane ticket to italy next season.

Drogba is shit since he came but im not very disappointed of him for that. But how in the name of Abramovic can he fucking take a free kick when half of them can actually hit it better and not bomb it way out. Was he instructed by Mourinho to take free kicks? If not what the fuck was he doing there to take it? Its moments like this that piss me off. Selfish and Arrogant thats how it call it.

I need to be careful what I say because If I mention the word J***s it will get deleted again, what's the latin word for it?, maybe Frank will know. :rolleyes:

But yes, there is no good reason for him joining City, some people live by morals or at least have some form of code they live by.. their values etc. I thought he was in the same mould as John Terry, i.e.. he had an affinity with the club and would make post-chels career moves with that in mind. Actions speak louder than words however, I don't care what he said in his press interviews because words have little weight. Speaking of words though, he not only said he wouldn't "join another english club", he also said he would refuse to play against us. He knew exactly what he was getting himself into when he joined a club owned by City that didn't exist yet, he's not a hostage.

When the AVB incident died down, we all had the Men In Black neuralizer treatment and flashed it away; Frank is a wolf in John Terry clothing.

Well said both of you, saying it how it is. It's funny how 'popular' opinions are a nice wee debate and supposed 'unpopular ones' are arrogant and worthy of warnings.

People keep naming random players over the years who have left, I'm sorry but Lamps was different, maybe we stupidly held him a bit higher, expected a wee bit more from him.

I've been called childish for showing real hurt over his actions I am sorry but I am more than entitled to feel that way as are many others who have come out and felt pretty angry at his decisions.

They are people who have spent many many years supporting him, spending money maybe they didn't have buying his merchandise, shirts etc and did hold him as a hero in our usually mundiane lives and it does hurt as I said maybe we just held him above the football game, above the money aside from the circus of the game but as someone who loved our club as much as we do. Last season if they had put up a statue of him I would have said well deserved but his choices have made sure this will now never happen.

Both opinions should be allowed to freely speak, some people feel Frank has really let down Chelsea by his actions and some people don't.