Frank Lampard

DavidEU

How old is Luke? How can he not know about Tony Adams....

Age shoudn't be a factor. I'm way younger than Luke Shaw and I've heard of Tony Adams. It's just ignorance/stupidity of many modern teens.

I've loved Frank since I first ever found out about this club. He's always been my favourite player. Growing up I've always done presentations and written essays on him for class. It's hard not to feel bad about him playing in City. Regarding the discussion above, I find @Term-X and the other parties statements are equally logical. I guess it's linked to the fact that Term had a different set of expectations with Frank while the other side has sort of 'immortalised' Frank and refuse to accept that he may have made a bad decision (not that I'm saying that he made good/bad decision). It's an interesting debate and something really deep and part of how football brings in so many 'deeper' feelings.....

How old is Luke? How can he not know about Tony Adams....

Luke is 19. He was just 7 when Adams retired from football and just 5 when he retired from England.

Yeah, Adams has been retired for over 12 years. Let that sink in...

Whilst that is true, Tony Adams is an iconic defender, the fact that he's an English defender as well makes it truly baffling. As Nish said above, it isn't even about age, that's just pure ignorance.

Imagine if Shaw suddenly says he doesn't even know who Zola is. :o

Luke is 19. He was just 7 when Adams retired from football and just 5 when he retired from England.

Yeah, Adams has been retired for over 12 years. Let that sink in...

That's a rubbish reason, I coach 7 year olds who model themselves on Tony Adams as a defender :lol:

I'm the same age as Luke Shaw and I've known about Tony Addams for donkeys years and I don't play football as my livelihood.

In the past few months I've become extremely glad we didn't get Luke Shaw, seems like a dodged bullet atm.

I'm the same age as Luke Shaw and I've known about Tony Addams for donkeys years and I don't play football as my livelihood.

In the past few months I've become extremely glad we didn't get Luke Shaw, seems like a dodged bullet atm.

The fitness saga, the fact that he doesn't know who Tony Adams is, the fact he thought Victor Moses was his toughest opponent... Sure, guy can definitely play but Southampton did extremely well to flog Shaw for £30m. Seems like a Luiz esque deal now :lol:

we didnt dodge a bullet ,,,we dodged a fucking SHELL