Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Bastian and Schneiderlin can play together. Morgan is a great player but I'm not sure if him is the player that we need, because is a very similar player to Matic. Of this two, I would prefer sign Bastian.

They also have Harerra and Carrick, not to mention Blind. I think Harerra is a better player going forward than Schneiderlin and I think he starts ahead of Morgan.

So, Schneiderlin can be a good buy for us. He can play with Matic as a box-to-box and with Cesc as a DM, meaning we can rest both Cesc and Matic without fear of a major drop off.

Also, we can play him beside Matic in big games without too much of a drop off in our ability to keep possession that happens when Ramires or Mikel step in.

so not even bastian.. damn.. we seem more hell bent in offloading kakutas and mceachrans rather than buying world class players.

We were never in the run for Schweinsteiger, he is not what we need. Will be 31 one before the season starts, all our midfielders are in their peak we do not need players who are past it. Charles Aranguiz is pretty close to Schweinsteiger anyway. When Basti was 26, he was not even half the player Aranguiz is now.

We were never in the run for Schweinsteiger, he is not what we need. Will be 31 one before the season starts, all our midfielders are in their peak we do not need players who are past it. Charles Aranguiz is pretty close to Schweinsteiger anyway. When Basti was 26, he was not even half the player Aranguiz is now.

:blink:

dude, i honestly dont know what your problem with germany and german players are, but honestly its ridiculous. you even said that loew was shit or germany did not have a chance before the WC. in the bastian thread you said something like "why is this mediocre player given so much hype" or something of that nature.

time to keep aside the hate and realize that bastian is world class. just an year ago, he led germany to world cup with some fabulous performances. he might be 31 but he is better than rambo and mikel combined. i dont know much about aranguiz cos i have seen him play like 3 times, but saying that bastian was not half the player at 26 that aranguiz is now has got to be the most hatefilled statement i have heard on here.

:blink:

dude, i honestly dont know what your problem with germany and german players are, but honestly its ridiculous. you even said that loew was shit or germany did not have a chance before the WC. in the bastian thread you said something like "why is this mediocre player given so much hype" or something of that nature.

time to keep aside the hate and realize that bastian is world class. just an year ago, he led germany to world cup with some fabulous performances. he might be 31 but he is better than rambo and mikel combined. i dont know much about aranguiz cos i have seen him play like 3 times, but saying that bastian was not half the player at 26 that aranguiz is now has got to be the most hatefilled statement i have heard on here.

If you had read my statements correctly and completely than you would understand that I am far from hatred to German players. On the contrary, like most Germans I have a very differentaited view on my nation. Sure Schweinsteiger is still a good player, esp when he raises his performances, I listed his pros and cons before in this thread, but looking at what he would offer to us it is easy to see why we weren't in the market for him. Of course he is better than Ramires and Mikel, but not better than Fabregas and Schweinsteiger and he would give us absolutely nothing we don't already have.

Secondly, Schweinsteiger was an immature player when aged 26. It was Lvg who made him what he is now. At 26 Schweinsteiger was a slow, technically limited, average winger playing for a mediocre Bayern side who had not made the semifinal of the CL for 8 years. Only when LvG shifted him into the middle he became the player he is now. Aranguiz at 26 knows where his place is already, can work with his strengths. He is less injury prone, has more left in the tank, his best is yet to come, already a mature player, physical on a way higher level than Schweini.

Thirdly about Löw and the national team, we were completely horrible before the world cup. When I made the statement that our chances were slim it was like in 2012 when there were no active German players even in posession of an international medal. In the World cup our players completed their evolution from chokers to big match winners. I was highly cricital of Joachim Löw and rightly so, because some of his tactical manoeuvres like playing Lahm in midfield despite an apparent lack of quality fullbacks, playing Özil on the wing etc. But In the end the superior quality of our side shone through. We had by far the best squad in the World Cup and a good portion of luck that Algeria, France and Argentina were so damn wasteful in their finishing. I predicted multiple times before and during the WC that we were going to win it, despite Löw. Still it needed some heroic defending from Neuer, Boateng and Hummels plus a couple of brilliant individual moves in the front the win that WC. Not really because of superior tactics. Schweinsteiger put in a commanding display in the final but did not really make any difference defensively or offensively. As said above, Schweinsteiger and Löw will be the last ones I will thank for this WC title. First come Neuer, Hummels, Höwedes, Boa, Schürrle and of course Higuain and Palacio for some really epic misses.

Aranguiz is better at 26 than Basti was ?

LOL

he would give us absolutely nothing we don't already have.

wrong. he would gives us character. he would give us balls. our midfield surely misses that. getting dominated by a 10 men city and a 10men psg ( at the bridge) tells us how far we are from being a europe dominating team. bastian would give us that. he would add steel as well as quality to our mid.

Secondly, Schweinsteiger was an immature player when aged 26. It was Lvg who made him what he is now. At 26 Schweinsteiger was a slow, technically limited, average winger playing for a mediocre Bayern side who had not made the semifinal of the CL for 8 years. Only when LvG shifted him into the middle he became the player he is now. Aranguiz at 26 knows where his place is already, can work with his strengths. He is less injury prone, has more left in the tank, his best is yet to come, already a mature player, physical on a way higher level than Schweini.

technically limited? really? i remember there being such a massive hue and cry about bastian wasting his "immense potential". RM had not made CL semis for so long, does not mean they were mediocre. bayern were in a transitional phase. and since 2009 have been on the up as has bastian. even if we take that charles is better than bastian was at 26, can you expect even half the improvement for charles that bastian has shown in the last 5-6 years? hell no. what we would have is another squad player in charles. bastian on the other hand would be a great option to have for another 2-3 years.

Thirdly about Löw and the national team, we were completely horrible before the world cup. When I made the statement that our chances were slim it was like in 2012 when there were no active German players even in posession of an international medal. In the World cup our players completed their evolution from chokers to big match winners. I was highly cricital of Joachim Löw and rightly so, because some of his tactical manoeuvres like playing Lahm in midfield despite an apparent lack of quality fullbacks, playing Özil on the wing etc. But In the end the superior quality of our side shone through. We had by far the best squad in the World Cup and a good portion of luck that Algeria, France and Argentina were so damn wasteful in their finishing. I predicted multiple times before and during the WC that we were going to win it, despite Löw. Still it needed some heroic defending from Neuer, Boateng and Hummels plus a couple of brilliant individual moves in the front the win that WC. Not really because of superior tactics. Schweinsteiger put in a commanding display in the final but did not really make any difference defensively or offensively. As said above, Schweinsteiger and Löw will be the last ones I will thank for this WC title. First come Neuer, Hummels, Höwedes, Boa, Schürrle and of course Higuain and Palacio for some really epic misses.

i told this before too. you were judging a team on friendlies, with a massive pep hangover. i told this too before the world cup that for me germany were the favourites.

bastian controlled the game. "did not really make much difference defensively or offesively". are u kidding me? do you say the same about iniesta too? some players dont need to score/assist or put in a last ditch tackle to make the difference. they make the difference by running the whole show and the match. such are players like bastian, iniesta, pirlo. every team needs luck to win. tell me which champion does not need luck? spain last WC against chile or scoring a header against german, or robben's misses. italy with zidane. RM winning the CL after being 2 minutes away from fucking up. chelsea CL win. along with tactical nous, you need luck as well as individual brilliance to be the champion. does not mean that the coach sucks or the playerX or player Y did not do much.