Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

As a club we do not need to go to an extent like United have, it's not needed and would of been totally pointless. Last year they looked thin and lacked ideas, we on the other hand looked dangerous, very efficient and won the league with plenty of points to spare. Now that is not to say we don't need to strengthen, we do, we have and will continue to do so IMO. What we have built just needs a lick of paint, United need a nigh on full development to catch up to those who are well ahead, and rightly they are doing it, whether it works who knows, but as for us we are in great shape, both with squad shape and size and with Falcao and Begovic brought in I'm very pleased what I see.

I expect us to bring in a couple more, with a few players going, and I also expect a really polished Chelsea come the start of the season. The club won't be pressing the panic button and nor should the fans.

As a club we do not need to go to an extent like United have, it's not needed and would of been totally pointless. Last year they looked thin and lacked ideas, we on the other hand looked dangerous, very efficient and won the league with plenty of points to spare. Now that is not to say we don't need to strengthen, we do, we have and will continue to do so IMO. What we have built just needs a lick of paint, United need a nigh on full development to catch up to those who are well ahead, and rightly they are doing it, whether it works who knows, but as for us we are in great shape, both with squad shape and size and with Falcao and Begovic brought in I'm very pleased what I see.

I expect us to bring in a couple more, with a few players going, and I also expect a really polished Chelsea come the start of the season. The club won't be pressing the panic button and nor should the fans.

Absolutely agree with you, we have almost perfect PL team (for now), but to win CL, we will need to make big signing. If we get him for fair money, great, but I dont think that is possible right now.

We have improved our team so much, our ambitions have grown so big in comparison with two-three years ago. But our transfers mentality is still the same.

Bayern spashed 40m on Javi - won CL

Real splashed 100m on Bale - won CL

Barca splashed 80m on Suarez - won CL

We might get great players for decent prices, but we wont get world's best, and that is only thing that can actualy improve us now. Squad depth is another thing we need to fix, thats why you buy Pedro, Aranguiz etc. You dont buy them for starting 11 that will challenge CL.

I honestly dont care if we throw huge sum for PROVEN top player that actualy improves us on the position he plays in and isnt pointless signing just for the sake of it. For example Bale despite price was a good trasfer for united, James however was just a marketing signing.

And I dont think anyone is complaining because we havent signed anyone yet, but more because it looks like we wont sign anyone big this summer.

Absolutely agree with you, we have almost perfect PL team (for now), but to win CL, we will need to make big signing. If we get him for fair money, great, but I dont think that is possible right now.

We have improved our team so much, our ambitions have grown so big in comparison with two-three years ago. But our transfers mentality is still the same.

Bayern spashed 40m on Javi - won CL

Real splashed 100m on Bale - won CL

Barca splashed 80m on Suarez - won CL

We might get great players for decent prices, but we wont get world's best, and that is only thing that can actualy improve us now. Squad depth is another thing we need to fix, thats why you buy Pedro, Aranguiz etc. You dont buy them for starting 11 that will challenge CL.

I honestly dont care if we throw huge sum for PROVEN top player that actualy improves us on the position he plays in and isnt pointless signing just for the sake of it. For example Bale despite price was a good trasfer for united, James however was just a marketing signing.

And I dont think anyone is complaining because we havent signed anyone yet, but more because it looks like we wont sign anyone big this summer.

Completely disagree. While buying big names often the answer this club needs quality depth. From January on the team looked gassed. Chelsea reverted back to depending on Hazard to create everything.

This team still has question marks at CAM and RW. At some point Terry's level of play will drop off and while Zouma seems like a good successor for Cahill who becomes the leader of the defense?

This reeks of what Man U fans were saying leading into the 2013/2014 season saying they had walked the league by 11 points and they'd win the league with ease.

While Mourinho is a far superior manager to Moyes, this team needs some help to retain the title as well as continued injury luck. I like the possible Pedro and Aranguiz signings, but I'd still like another big versatile CM that can replace Cesc or push Cesc to the 10 from time to time.

I'd also like to see some young talent providing cover as well. Granted I don't know enough about RLC or Traore to know if they can step in and make contributions.

Yeah I would expect Mou to bring his players before going on preseason tour, so honestly I wont be surprised if we sign Aranguiz, sterling or someone completely out of blue in coming week or two.

No chance now. Theyll most likely be signed when we return home from tour. Otherwise that would mean someone signs tomorrow as we jet off Wednesday

No chance now. Theyll most likely be signed when we return home from tour. Otherwise that would mean someone signs tomorrow as we jet off Wednesday

Yeah its very unlikely now. But it would make sense with Mou as he likes his players to have full pre season with him...

I miss Tom Cleverley, Anderson :cry::cry::cry:

onWaESr.png

I know not everyone will agree but we really need to upgrade our depth. What I dont understand is how this lot can get 2/3 very good players (you can say theyre crap but Tease%202_zpsan0igopb.gif ) for every position on the pitch and we have a couple that at their best are a mirror image of the one on the pitch.

Its not like I dislike any of our lads, theyre Chelsea ffs, but I wont be convinced that we wouldn't be able to get better to replace lads in 1st team and alternatives on the bench.

Peoples arguments seem to be, anyone thats any good wouldnt be happy to sit on the bench. Then how the hell do other clubs manage to do it ok.

If we lived in a perfect no pressure,who gives a fuck about winning world we would all love nothing more than to just keep promoting from within. And if Roman was to tell Mou thats what he wanted there would be uproar and fighting in the stands. (not for the 1st time)

I understand as much as anyone how we get attached emotionally to players but Lamps leaving the way it happened has mad me realize we cant afford sentimentality where team selection is concerned and if we get a chance to upgrade a player or to improve the team then we should take any chance we can get.

IMHO of course.

I don't know if someone posted that in this forum, but the spanish press linked us with the young player "Dani Ceballos" some months ago. I don't know if that is really or not, but I hope yes, is really a good prospect!. I saw him in the U-19 Euro, and Obviously should improve in some aspects, but this guy has a talent for be a amazing player. For who don't know him, is creative midfielder. Great technique, vision, pass.