Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Ermmm excuse me, that's because we and real Madrid buy the talent.

So what these other teams doing?

Surprise surprise, the same shit!

Yeah, but there is a difference between going to a top league like EPL or La liga and with all due respect a poor league like ligue 1. Add to that the fact that the big teams have champions league football etc and can compete for the top trophys make it a different scenario.

Players going to these clubs where there is just one team are clearly going for the money as its not like they actually love the team or the league. Of course they come partly for the money as well when they go to the bigger more famous teams, but there is still a part of them that wants the success, and love to win.

It's their choice, they can go where they want but it just seems like a bit of a waste of talent, when they could be at the pinnacle of the sport elsewhere.

Yeah, but there is a difference between going to a top league like EPL or La liga and with all due respect a poor league like ligue 1. Add to that the fact that the big teams have champions league football etc and can compete for the top trophys make it a different scenario.

Players going to these clubs where there is just one team are clearly going for the money as its not like they actually love the team or the league. Of course they come partly for the money as well when they go to the bigger more famous teams, but there is still a part of them that wants the success, and love to win.

It's their choice, they can go where they want but it just seems like a bit of a waste of talent, when they could be at the pinnacle of the sport elsewhere.

So players are dying to play in the Premier League?

Excuse me but that's a load of shit!

Today's day in age is all about the champions League.

If you have a team or the funds to build a team to compete in this competition then you will get all the interest in the world.

I clearly remember reading something hazard said a couple of months before coming to Chelsea.

That if the club spend again to build a good project I will consider them.

Any word of this club got a great history and all that shit? No!

Because nobody cares about that now a days.

It's all about having the right "project"

In simple language, if the club is spending big that's all that Matters.

Hey, when you guys speculate on weekly salary like 175£ a week, this is just for the EPL season? How do the salaries work for the European tournaments and such?

Thanks.

For all competitions, the entire season. The player will make that amount a week, before or after tax.

And Falcao has left a team who will be in next season's Champions League to sign for one that isn't.

Yeah but their team don't got the financials to form a great team to continue competing back to back and have the chance of winning.

City and psg have better chance of winning then atlético.

Two teams that a couple of years ago nobody knew shit about them.

But because they have the right "project" top players went there.

Im confused ...

There's a difference between going to a 'just got to 1st division in france' team (Monaco) and going to a club like Real Barca Chelsea Bayern who win trophies, and already have a good team.

Going to Monaco for a few more millions.. cmon. It's not like Falcao will be missing any money if he goes to Chelsea (I understand he has a 3rd party ownership so its not a really good example).

I know where you are coming from, but AS Monaco isn't just one of the clubs coming up. If the investors are serious about their club, they will be a force to be reckoned with in a season or two just like PSG was. It's much easier to ram through with splashing money to reach the UCL places in France than try to do it in EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga. Again, Monaco is a club with rich history and has been a club for many superstars of the past.

So players are dying to play in the Premier League?

Excuse me but that's a load of shit!

Today's day in age is all about the champions League.

If you have a team or the funds to build a team to compete in this competition then you will get all the interest in the world.

I clearly remember reading something hazard said a couple of months before coming to Chelsea.

That if the club spend again to build a good project I will consider them.

Any word of this club got a great history and all that shit? No!

Because nobody cares about that now a days.

It's all about having the right "project"

In simple language, if the club is spending big that's all that Matters.

Thats what i was talking about. But the league is also important. And besides Monaco are not even in the champions league, which is my point.

Thats what i was talking about. But the league is also important. And besides Monaco are not even in the champions league, which is my point.

I don't think league is as important as it was before. Yes PL and La Liga are nice to have, but CL is number one.

Is the greatest tournament that this sport has to offer. Build a team for that competition and you are golden.

And as you said yes Monaco is not in the CL, but it will not be hard to get into the CL there like it is in the EPL.

Look how easy PSG managed to make it after their owners went there?

I don't think league is as important as it was before. Yes PL and La Liga are nice to have, but CL is number one.

Is the greatest tournament that this sport has to offer. Build a team for that competition and you are golden.

And as you said yes Monaco is not in the CL, but it will not be hard to get into the CL there like it is in the EPL.

Look how easy PSG managed to make it after their owners went there?

Exactly, which emphasises the point and differential between the two. The PL is one of the toughest leagues in the world which is why players often want to play here. Along with La liga etc.

Put it this way. Will falcao ever be considered truly on that top bracket with Ronaldo and Messi if he plays in ligue 1 from now on? I don't think so. He will always be known as a great player, which he is but he has a chance of being truly great. Whatever he does next season, there will always be a lot of people saying... Its only the french league. In several years time that league could change and be considered one of the best but it isn't right now. But as i said its his choice, and if thats what he wants to do then fair enough.

Exactly, which emphasises the point and differential between the two. The PL is one of the toughest leagues in the world which is why players often want to play here. Along with La liga etc.

Put it this way. Will falcao ever be considered truly on that top bracket with Ronaldo and Messi if he plays in ligue 1 from now on? I don't think so. He will always be known as a great player, which he is but he has a chance of being truly great. Whatever he does next season, there will always be a lot of people saying... Its only the french league. In several years time that league could change and be considered one of the best but it isn't right now. But as i said its his choice, and if thats what he wants to do then fair enough.

Yes you have a point.

But if he does good in the CL, will he still be considered a great?

Like I said, league are not as important as they used to be because what the CL has transform itself into.

More interestingly, this leads me to ask one question. Will we ever form a Super League?

Cause if the trend continues with rich owners, then there will be a lot of powerful economical teams in a decade or so.

They can easily say, fuck this league and form our own super league.

Something Real Madrid has been looking for.....

Yes you have a point.

But if he does good in the CL, will he still be considered a great?

Like I said, league are not as important as they used to be because what the CL has transform itself into.

More interestingly, this leads me to ask one question. Will we ever form a Super League?

Cause if the trend continues with rich owners, then there will be a lot of powerful economical teams in a decade or so.

They can easily say, fuck this league and form our own super league.

Something Real Madrid has been looking for.....

I wouldn't put it past uefa. The demand for that would be huge. Personally i would rather it not happen atm, as i like the way its set out.

CL is the pinnacle at the moment. I fully agree. Players want to win that more than a league title, but Falcao is going to a team without champions league football.

Can you people stop saying shit like this player went for money and so and so?

The reality is that majority of the players desire that more then anything else.

Otherwise why go there, to Chelsea, city and such?

Just join your boy hood club and that's that.

But that's no longer a reality, is a thing of the past.

So no point in saying stuff like that over and over when is the new norm. Is just get annoying having to read that same moaning and bitching over a player all the time.

Thanks to Roman influence in the sport, big salary is the thing to crave for.

Hypothetically speaking why would any professional football player who is in the peak of their career want to join Monaco instead of Madrid or Chelsea!????

Money!

It isn't the new norm to join clubs who aren't challenging for the best trophies football has to offer.

People saying Paulinho signed with Inter for 18mi euros. I think that was a good transfer for both the club and the player (consedering the rumors are true indeed).