Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I think getting a 30 goals per season striker is useless, because our team plays as team and we never play on striker alone. Falcao scored those goals because he got all the balls. Here, he would get maybe 1/3 of the balls in attack. We need a striker who can link up well, create and hold the ball. And finish when he gets a chance.

Besides, we should try to sign Pogba, kid has all the talent in the world to be world class player. While there are many top AM players like Goetze, Hazard, Neymar or Isco, you dont find many great CM/DM talented players like Pogba. We should at least try to get him, but only if he would start games under Mou.

I'd love Pogba. Juventus would demand so much for him though.

That's the big problem with trying to buy a top class CM in January. Most of them are playing on CL contending sides and they won't want to sell them.

Completely agree.

Arsenal lacked steel in the middle when Song was there. Even Arteta has been better than Song in that holding position.

Song's problem was positioning. Far too often, he would get caught high up the pitch, and leave the defense exposed. From what I've seen of him at Barca he seems to have improved on this aspect of his game.

If RVP really wants to leave then we would be mad not to bid.

Funny that only a few months ago he was talking about finishing his career at United

He's 30 now! He has one or two seasons in him at best.

He's 30 now! He has one or two seasons in him at best.

Wouldn't you take him for 1-2 seasons untill a world class striker is available? Dont really see us getting anyone.. Maybe things will change in the summer but honestly there's no one availble.

Anyways this is just a stupid rumor, he's not available either.

Wouldn't you take him for 1-2 seasons untill a world class striker is available? Dont really see us getting anyone.. Maybe things will change in the summer but honestly there's no one availble.

Anyways this is just a stupid rumor, he's not available either.

No for a couple of reasons: First, if we want a quick fix for one-two seasons there are much cheaper options available. Villa went for 2m!! And second, our game does not suite him in the slightest.

An ideal January would see us cover at least two of the following three necessities:

• A left-back - stop fucking about playing people out of position, get Ivan in the centre, Dave on the right, and bring in Coentrao on loan (a touted move) or even spend big money on Baines or Shaw. We need a left-back, and fast.
  • A central midfielder - Matic, Schneiderlin, Alonso, de Rossi, Witsel... I don't care who it is; our current four options - Lamps, Ess, Mikel, Rambo - aren't good enough for the pivot positions in any of the combinations we've tried. Having someone like those players mentioned could help get the best out of our current midfielders.
  • A striker - Falcao, Lewandowski, Martinez, Rooney, Benteke. Anyone. Please.

If we want to win the title we need to address our deficiencies ASAP.

An ideal January would see us cover at least two of the following three necessities:

• A left-back - stop fucking about playing people out of position, get Ivan in the centre, Dave on the right, and bring in Coentrao on loan (a touted move) or even spend big money on Baines or Shaw. We need a left-back, and fast.
  • A central midfielder - Matic, Schneiderlin, Alonso, de Rossi, Witsel... I don't care who it is; our current four options - Lamps, Ess, Mikel, Rambo - aren't good enough for the pivot positions in any of the combinations we've tried. Having someone like those players mentioned could help get the best out of our current midfielders.

Shaw probably isn't going anywhere until summer at the very least, and we can probably get by with Ash and Azpi until then.

Midfield is a must but it's been a must for a while now. Jose seems more bothered about a striker at the moment and we have a fine one on loan. Benteke hasn't scored since September so why he's in the list I don't know.

I'd go so far as wanting a midfielder in but this mess won't be solved until summer and short-term fixes don't work.

Shaw probably isn't going anywhere until summer at the very least, and we can probably get by with Ash and Azpi until then.

Midfield is a must but it's been a must for a while now. Jose seems more bothered about a striker at the moment and we have a fine one on loan. Benteke hasn't scored since September so why he's in the list I don't know.

I'd go so far as wanting a midfielder in but this mess won't be solved until summer and short-term fixes don't work.

We've been linked with Benteke, hence why he's on the list.

Priority no 1. A DM, that can pass, shoot, 6ft tall, and can tackle