Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Ozil is a terrific player but to me he is a signing that gets the fans back onside but doesn't really solve all the issues Arsenal have.

The two signings of United and Arsenal smack to me of "We better sign someone or we will get royally fucked by the fans"

Retaining Mata and Luiz, arguably our two most influential players last season, amidst all the media bollocks stirring was a great last day of the transfer window. Yes we still have a couple of positions that may need strengthening over time, but I don't think any Premier League club doesn't have a few holes in their squad. We definitely have a squad capable of challenging for the title this season.

Ozil is a terrific player but to me he is a signing that gets the fans back onside but doesn't really solve all the issues Arsenal have.

The two signings of United and Arsenal smack to me of "We better sign someone or we will get royally fucked by the fans"

United need Fellaini...they've lacked a bit of steel in midfield for a while.

Carrick - Fellaini is better than Carrick - Cleverley..

So Chelsea have 23 loaned players.. We could make a Chelsea B and Chelsea C .

One of these loanees could well become a star player and it would be worth it, but its just hope though.

135101.jpg

Twitter / OptaJoe: 72 - Mesut Özil has 72 goal assists in the last five seasons - more than any other player across Europe's top five leagues. Tenterhooks.

Twitter / OptaJoe: RT @OptaJose: 14 – @MesutOzil1088 has the most assists in the Champions League in the last three seasons. Wizard.

Twitter / Squawka: Mesut Özil executed more key passes last season (78) than Barcelona trio Andrés Iniesta, Sergio Busquets & Cesc Fàbregas combined (75).

Arsenal have got themselves a fine player, cant be underestimated again. They have more points than any other english team in 2013 for that matter

To be fair....most of those players aren't gonna make it.

Apart from Courtois and Lukaku..the only players with a real shot at Chelsea's first team are: Atsu, Van Aanholt, Thorgan Hazard (if he keeps developing), Todd Kane (Homegrown) & Wallace (if he develops properly)

(I'm assuming Romeu and Marin will get permanent deals in Spain).

To be fair....most of those players aren't gonna make it.

Apart from Courtois and Lukaku..the only players with a real shot at Chelsea's first team are: Atsu, Van Aanholt, Thorgan Hazard (if he keeps developing), Todd Kane (Homegrown) & Wallace (if he develops properly)

(I'm assuming Romeu and Marin will get permanent deals in Spain).

I really hoped Romeu would make it though. :(

The only real point that deadline day open to us, is that Florentino Perez is an idiot. Change Ozil on Bale and pay for this around 50m is a nonsense.

But I doubt that Ozil will be so decisive to Arsenal season. They more like us last season, have only one striker, a lot of creative midfielders and no real defensive midfielder. Still believe spurs do better on the market, there midblock need time, but it could deliver more in the end.

And Moyes and Man Utd fall right from the start, just imagine their fans feelings now, Ozil could be dream signing for them and he goes to Ars without any real fight.

Josh McEachran, Nathaniel Chalobah, Kenneth Omeruo, or Billy Clifford were not sent out on loan by the end of the transfer window.

Accoring to the Football League rules - http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-6-players_2293633_2125731

53.3.4 Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulations 53.3.2 and 53.3.3, a Player cannot be registered on an Emergency Loan or Youth Loan:
(a) during the period of seven days after the end of a Transfer Window;
(B) in the first half of the Season, after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November; and
© in the second half of the Season, after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March unless in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 54.

I would love to see a reserve grade competition. Have them play before or after the first team on game day. Like I've said it before, some players thrive on big crowds. This would also appease those who actually worry about our youth set-up not getting the right opportunities.

We have a very similar competition for the NRL and its been a massive success.

Arsenal fans going mad saying that the signing of Ozil in a position they were already well stocked in is going to make them title contenders immediately.

Even saw one say that they "easily have the best midfield in the league."

Hilarious.

arteta-wilshere-özil-cazorla...also walcott/chamberlain. you could argue that it is the best midfield in the league when all are in form.

I agree. Arsenal should have got a DM and United needed a creative player (a Silva, Mata esque player).

So at the close of the window, does anyone see a change in their top 4 predictions?

I don't really. Still think United are slightly weaker than City and ourselves. Arsenal will get a bit better but I can't see how adding one player, world class though he may be, will make them legit contenders. They have several long term injuries to key players and their squad depth is still thin. We all know Wilshere is an injury waiting to happen as well.

Still say its Chelsea, City, United, Spuds.