Juan Mata

Severinb

Mata..... I like him very much but he looked like a clown today. He moaned when he was substituted, then Oscar did 1+2 in 30 minutes. Seems like Oscar actually fits our system better than Juan.

I really like him, but looks like we might sell him in January. At least we get some funds to buy a striker / CDM.

If he has a gripe he needs to take it up with Jose out of sight of cameras, not whilst being subbed for Jose to see later.

Everyone has to fight for their place, Mata ain't no different.

Im so sad for the lad.I remember his first game for the club when he scored deep into stoppage time against Norwich,I was so happy for him,because I wanted Chelsea to sign him long before.The rest of his Chelsea career was tremendous until Mourinho signed for the club again.He clearly doesn't fit into Mourinho's system.Altough I think Mata overall is the better player in comparison to Oscar,the brazilian is the much better coice for the system Mourinho looks to implement.<br /><br />I don't want to speak it out,but it would be good for his career to move on and get back to spain.<br />

Was sad to see him so upset but like the final score clearly showed, it was all for the good of the team and no one should have any complaints. He just doesn't fit Mourinho's system and for everyone's sake it might be best if he's sold when his value is still high.

With Jose the club as a whole is going in a good direction, in 2 years maybe we could be as dominant as Bayern but only if we don't sell our top players. Mata can kiss goodbye to his starter days but I think he could still play a significant part in the club's success because although he isn't Mourinho's type of player, he is still top footballer and could win us many, many points if plan A is not working in a particular game.

He's a no10. he's too slow to play on the wings. Mourinho should play Oscar as a CM with Mata as no10 with Willian and Hazard wide. Why Oscar doesn't play in midfield, blows my mind. the lad makes the most tackles in the team and wins the ball as much as Ramires does. it's no brainer he should be playign in the middle of the pitch.

Oscar-Ramires

Willian- Mata-Hazard

what do Lampard and Mikel offer than Oscar doesn't? he defends better than both and he attacks better than both. he can be our new Lampard in cm.

He was one of my favourite players and definitely deserved his player of the year awards but its hard this season. Obviously being so publicly snubbed from almost the beginning and at first I couldn't understand why Jose didnt like him. It's going to hard for him and its hard to keep coming in and out of the side to get back to form.

However today given a chance and in all honesty he was pretty ineffective. I was surprised by his reaction to comin off. He slammed his seat down.

Then worse for him the TWO people who replace him BOTH score. It's a hard one. I feel bad for him and really like him but at this rate I can't see him staying at Chelsea.

His petulant attitude when he came off was very disappointing. Mourinho is the boss, and he has been totally vindicated in playing Willian and Ossie recently. Mata hasn't been good enough in any capacity; either in an attacking sense or in doing the defensive role the other options do. Totally backing Mourinho's decision, especially since it is his team to manage, and he made the decisions that won us the game. The club recorded a brilliant victory today. That's Chelsea FC, not Juan Mata FC. If he wants to sulk, he can do and do it elsewhere. Awful attitude and and a bad, bad example to the youngsters watching. I thought better of him than that, very disappointed in his attitude. The only low point of a wonderful afternoon.

it could just be the rain........

I thought Mata played well....

Just no one scored during his stint.

This.

It's the goal-driven mentality of some people that irritates me. He was brilliant alongside Hazard, had Hazard or Torres scored in the 1st half nobody would get so dramatic over Mata.

So this is how it ends. Can't see him staying here beyond the summer.

Still the most talented pair in our squad in my eyes but going to work in our current style of play.

Also don't want him to change his style of play since that free roaming swift passing game is his biggest asset .

Him leaving to a non rival side is the best thing for the team as well as the player. PSG sound good for him.

This.

It's the goal-driven mentality of some people that irritates me. He was brilliant alongside Hazard, had Hazard or Torres scored in the 1st half nobody would get so dramatic over Mata.

Nothing to do with goals, but everything to do with our pace and tempo. Undeniably talented but starting to look like Joe Cole in his last season at the club where the play would slow when it got to him.

He's a no10. he's too slow to play on the wings. Mourinho should play Oscar as a CM with Mata as no10 with Willian and Hazard wide. Why Oscar doesn't play in midfield, blows my mind. the lad makes the most tackles in the team and wins the ball as much as Ramires does. it's no brainer he should be playign in the middle of the pitch.

Oscar-Ramires

Willian- Mata-Hazard

what do Lampard and Mikel offer than Oscar doesn't? he defends better than both and he attacks better than both. he can be our new Lampard in cm.

Why move our best player when the system is working so well?

Adebayor is a prime example of what I was saying. He has had to endure such a public snubbing including even being sent to play with the reserves. Then suddenly AVB is gone and the new manager has pulled him back in from the cold and has not stopped scoring. It is his ability to come back and do well instantly.