Juan Mata

Severinb

Chelsea lacked creativity for years and now Mata has spoiled many to where they now want to go back to a box to box midfielder. If Chelsea beef up the midfield and defense, they will be fine and Mata's lack of mind blowing tackling will be overlooked.

Juan is in Tel Aviv!! respect

Yossi Benayoun ‏@YossiBenayoun15
Enjoying in Tel Aviv with my friend JM..

1531a594e4bb11e287a322000ae81e57_7.jpg

I would have been in total shock if i saw him on the street without knowing he's here...

pretty cool he came here.. nice to know not every football player spends is vication only on some island

Even though they play in different positions, if could keep only one player in Chelsea,

then between Cavani and Mata, i would choose Mata every single time.

That is how important he is to us.

Mata is Class, on and off the pitch.

I will smack Yaya Toures balls if i ever see him in public.

That is how much Mata should mean to every Chelsea fan.

Juan is in Tel Aviv!! respect

Yossi Benayoun ‏@YossiBenayoun15

Enjoying in Tel Aviv with my friend JM..

1531a594e4bb11e287a322000ae81e57_7.jpg

I would have been in total shock if i saw him on the street without knowing he's here...

pretty cool he came here.. nice to know not every football player spends is vication only on some island

Tel Aviv is a fantastic city--been there a couple of times--specially if you get some locals to show you around. Night life is great! Clubs, restaurants, great ppl too. pretty girls and fit ones too since most are in the military... :)

Being originally from Brazil, and living in the US for a very long time, Israel is a bit claustrophobic for me. Still, excellent tourist destination IMO. BTW, not religious (agnostic/atheist-just don't care), so that's not something that affected my judgment.

lol 99.9999% of the girls doesnt get any fitness from their military period...im a guy for example and im doing my service right now and i dont do anything besides seating on a chair. like most girls.

anyway you're absolutly right, too many beautiful girls in Tel Aviv... i didnt get what you meant about religion, but anyway Tel Aviv is the most non-religious city in israel. by far.

lol 99.9999% of the girls doesnt get any fitness from their military period...im a guy for example and im doing my service right now and i dont do anything besides seating on a chair. like most girls.

anyway you're absolutly right, too many beautiful girls in Tel Aviv... i didnt get what you meant about religion, but anyway Tel Aviv is the most non-religious city in israel. by far.

heh fair enough, just in comparison to what I see here in the US... Bsides, girls in uniform... ! B) Some very pretty girls here too if you know where to look (despite what you may have heard).

Yeah, worked for an Israeli company for many years and most of the Israeli I met couldn't care less about religion; just in someone thought I had any agenda one way or another.

I used the image in an article, but I suppose not everyone reads those, so I'm posting the charts in the players' thread for those who might be interested.

BOA4KHnCIAA83GD.png

The green and blue correspond the players's movement without the ball, the yellow corresponds to tackles, interceptions and prompt passes and the red ball possession

Mata had a lot of sub-par performances in 4-3-3 under AVB. Being better than Malouda and Kalou at that time is not really saying much. And for all his offensive brilliance, Mata was one of the reasons AVB's pressing tactics did not work out.

Mata had a lot of sub-par performances in 4-3-3 under AVB. Being better than Malouda and Kalou at that time is not really saying much. And for all his offensive brilliance, Mata was one of the reasons AVB's pressing tactics did not work out.

It's an interesting thing because one of the reasons I thought Mourinho wouldn't come back here is having a team built around Mata. Everything that Mourinho generally loves, counter-attacking, defensive solidity, quick movement, Mata is not. What Mata has is incredible vision, an excellent touch, and is a good finisher. Whereas Ramires strikes me as a perfect Mourinho sort of player, Mata doesn't seem to fit. Of course, Mourinho could always adapt his style to fit Mata better because he is our best player. It will be very interesting to see.

It's an interesting thing because one of the reasons I thought Mourinho wouldn't come back here is having a team built around Mata. Everything that Mourinho generally loves, counter-attacking, defensive solidity, quick movement, Mata is not. What Mata has is incredible vision, an excellent touch, and is a good finisher. Whereas Ramires strikes me as a perfect Mourinho sort of player, Mata doesn't seem to fit. Of course, Mourinho could always adapt his style to fit Mata better because he is our best player. It will be very interesting to see.

I think there will be plenty of bumps in the road for Jose in terms of team selection next season. There will be times where he will bench Mata or Hazard. As much as Jose's return felt like a fairy tale for Chelsea fans, we should keep in mind that there is no such thing as "and they lived happily ever after" in football.

I think there will be plenty of bumps in the road for Jose in terms of team selection next season. There will be times where he will bench Mata or Hazard. As much as Jose's return felt like a fairy tale for Chelsea fans, we should keep in mind that there is no such thing as "and they lived happily ever after" in football.

There never is. Whatever the topic.

I think we will adapt. I don't think Mou is one -dimensional at all, actually.