Juan Mata

Severinb

Juan Mata staying at Chelsea and will get Mourinho call to rubbish Barcelona links

A complete turnaround from the Mirror...

Juan Mata’s future at Chelsea is secure, with Jose Mourinho planning to make the Spanish ace pivotal to his new-look Blues.

Mata’s Stamford Bridge future appeared in doubt amid suggestions the Special One was not entirely convinced by the former Valencia man.

The Portuguese will instead tell Mata that he is integral to his thoughts and team-shape for the new campaign.

Mourinho’s determination to keep Mata at the club and onside - a new five-year deal could be on the cards as a statement of intent - will reassure Blues fans, who have taken the little Spaniard to their hearts.

Finally!

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/26846-chelsea-transfer-news-mata-going-nowhere.php

Not that this article in itself is anymore reliable than all the other BS ('a source in spain')... It was just that all this talk about him leaving was getting on my nerves.

I don't think we will sell him and we probably shouldn't do so now. He is our second best and probably most important player. So there is no reason to do so. Bu it is not that he is sacrosanct. For anything above 50m I'd consider selling him. Replacing him would not really be that much of a problem. We got Oscar and de Bruyne, who can be at least as good. They are much more complete. Also it would be easier to implement the 4-3-3 which IMO is better for the epl and fits us better than the 4-2-3-1. For the money we could get a player who would help us in departments were we got bigger problems such as defensive midfield.

But again why? He is at the very peak of his power right now. We can still make a good profit on him in a few years.

CL final miss?

And vital moments are like that Drogba header in CL final, Drogba last min goal against MU FA Cup 2006...etc a moment of brilliance.

Big whoop he missed a penalty, even I've missed a penalty. The best players in the world all miss penalties, hence why I've missed one

:Goober:

He won't go this summer.

Even if in Mourinho's head the jury's out (on Mata) he will atleast give him the season, like he did with Ibra.

At the very,very worst he will go next summer,but still its very very unlikely just bs.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8793295/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata has reacted with confusion to reports he will leave Stamford Bridge this summer.

The 25-year-old says he is still enjoying life in the Premier League and is looking forward to forging a relationship with new Blues boss Jose Mourinho.

"I don't know where that came from," Mata said when questioned about rumours linking him with a return to Spain.

"The last time I spoke with the club they told me I was a very important player to them and transmitted confidence in me.

"I'm sure Mourinho will want to see everyone first and then decide what he wants to do.

"You have to know people first before you can evaluate them. After the holidays and after I've rested I'll meet the new boss and I'm sure things will go well."

Mata joined the Blues in 2011 after four successful seasons with Valencia but he began his career with the Real Madrid academy and was coy on a potential return to the Bernabeu.

He said: "I only have good words for Real Madrid. I was there for four years and they brought me up, both as a player and a person.

"I have many friends there and I'm very grateful to the club. But I've spent two great years in London and the only thing I'm thinking about now is continuing to enjoy this league and this city that I love."