Juan Mata

Severinb

Nah, its RVP, Suarez, Bale/Mata....

To me Player of the Year means MVP. You take RvP off of United and they'd still be an elite side. Take Suarez off of Liverpool and they'd be fucked. Take Bale off of Spuds and they'd be midtable this season.

If RvP got it last season for CARRYING a shit Arsenal single handedly than I think Suarez is doing the exact same thing this year and deserves it if he keeps it up.

It will be one of RVP, Suarez, or Bale and rightly so. Mata has had a fabulous year though although I didn't think his performance yesterday was anything special.

It was typical Mata performance, but people tend to judge players' performance through individual moments like that amazing touch before De Gea's save, which is why people are saying he had an outstanding game.

It was typical Mata performance, but people tend to judge players' performance through individual moments like that amazing touch before De Gea's save, which is why people are saying he had an outstanding game.

Absolutely agree. People will almost always fixate on individual moments rather than their play in general.

To be fair he did have an outstanding game and did a good job in dictating the attack.

To be fair he did have an outstanding game and did a good job in dictating the attack.

In the typical meaning of the word "outstanding" meaning much better than his usual performances, I don't think he did. It was a typical great performance by Mata, imo.

That injury against Man U has me worried. I saw in the news from Jan 30th that he sustained an ankle injury in training. I've dislocated an fractured my ankle doing what he did against Man U. I hope we can manage that properly.

It has got to be between Suarez & RVP

Bale was way to inconsistent, just last 3 months he was (very) good. If he's included, Hazard fe should be too...

so for me its between RVP & Suarez

RVP last 10 games were not so good, he had an amazing start, but kinda went quiet (especially when they needed him the most, against RM) in 2013

Suarez helped his team the most by making more important goals troughout the season, so im going with him.

for me:

1 Suarez

2 RVP

3 Mata

4 Bale

5 Cazorla / Hazard

OT: Mata had a good game, to bad De Gea had to make his save of the year against Mata's attempt to seal it for us :(

That injury against Man U has me worried. I saw in the news from Jan 30th that he sustained an ankle injury in training. I've dislocated an fractured my ankle doing what he did against Man U. I hope we can manage that properly.

If he would have dislocated or fractured it, it woulda been almost impossible to go on. He just hyperextended it a little and strained it but considering his play style and how often he does that move, his ankles are probably strong enough to withstand that. Put some on ice on it after the match and he should be fine.

He is a Chelsea player, he'll win nothing.Drogba was oustanding in the 2009/2010 season, winning the double & scoring in the FA Cup final & won the Golden Boot, yet it was Rooney the Player of the Year.

you think that was bad what about Lampard he scored 27 goals (22 in the PL alone) and 20 assists that season and somehow couldn't even get in to the PFA team of the year!!!