Juan Mata

Severinb

He shoots so unnecessarily??? :carlo:

tumblr_milp0sj2Bh1s6p3efo1_500.jpg

I'm not trolling and I don't even drink , smoke or anything . (hey I'm not a geek , I'm a unique weasel) . I'm serious , I've been noticing that our whole season and mate he needs to stop when he has players on better positions waiting to get the pass and he's so badass to ignore them and shoot . Oh yeah he has scored some incredible goals but he's no Ronaldo :P

I'm not trolling and I don't even drink , smoke or anything . (hey I'm not a geek , I'm a unique weasel) . I'm serious , I've been noticing that our whole season and mate he needs to stop when he has players on better positions waiting to get the pass and he's so badass to ignore them and shoot . Oh yeah he has scored some incredible goals but he's no Ronaldo :P

Chelsea shots per goal (forwards and midfielders):

Lampard- 1 goal for every 4.8 shots with penalties (1 goal for every 6.6 shots without penalties)

Mata- 1 goal for every 5.7 shots

Hazard- 1 goal for every 6.8 shots (1 goal for every 7.6 shots without penalties)

Ramires-1 goal for every 6.8 shots

Torres- 1 goal for every 8.1 shots (1 goal for every 9.3 shots without penalties)

Ba-1 goal for every 10 shots

Moses-1 goal for every 20 shots

Oscar-1 goal for every 44 shots (no goals without penalties)

I don't see Mata as shooting too often at all. He is our most efficient scorer.

This is just depressing...

We are such bad shooters!

Lampard- 1 goal for every 4.8 shots with penalties (1 goal for every 6.6 shots without penalties)

Hazard- 1 goal for every 6.8 shots (1 goal for every 7.6 shots without penalties)

Torres- 1 goal for every 8.1 shots (1 goal for every 9.3 shots without penalties)

Well we know what we have to work on now for next season...

Can you get the total shots he has fired all together ? And I've seen him tryin a shot every time he's near the box doesn't matter if there's a player placed in a better position . I may well be wrong but he needs to cut down he's shooting .

This is just depressing...

We are such bad shooters!

It's not bad really. Falcao only scores on 1 out ever 6.2 shots from open play. Ronaldo is actually a terrible finisher. It takes 9 shots on goal for him to score. (apart from penalties) and he has scored so many goals largely because he takes over 7 shots a game. Chelsea doesn't have anyone who comes close to taking half that number. People expectations from goal scorers are generally way to high. Even the best players will miss chances quite often. The numbers are also influenced because players like Mata and Lampard take a lot of free kicks and free kicks are generally much harder to score on than being set up in the middle of the box. I'd say Mata and Lampard are both very good finishers. We definitely need to get a new striker in though because strikers should have a higher success rate as they generally get their shots in dangerous places and our strikers have been awful.

Can you get the total shots he has fired all together ? And I've seen him tryin a shot every time he's near the box doesn't matter if there's a player placed in a better position . I may well be wrong but he needs to cut down he's shooting .

http://espnfc.com/team/squad?id=363&cc=5901

People are comparing us to Barca with Mata, Hazard and Oscar but these guys play like 10 times more direct than Barca. Yeah we like to keep possession but Mata is probably the most direct Spanish player imo, also why I think he doesn't get picked more for Spain as they prefer the tiki-taka which never made sense to me because they have no Messi.

bit Spain has won everything. I guess if Chelsea "regress" to tiki tak, we'd still be in the champions league.

He's the improved version of Robben and has a brilliant touch and ball control but meerrr , he shoots so unnecessarily >.<

Shoots unneccessarily? :doh:

If anything, one of the (few) criticisms about Mata is that he doesn't take enough shots himself. Happens a lot with other players but every time where there is a good opportunity to shoot, he decides to pass it someone else instead and the chance is gone. Furthermore, for those shots he had taken, don't think there's anything wrong with either because he's earned the right to do so given the number of goals he has scored for us and the fact that, more often than not, he finds himself in a good position inside the penalty box.

if only he had a right foot . he's a very good player of course with a lot of qualities but he's limited by his right foot and he never dribble but int he passes,vision ..... he's incredible

if only he had a right foot . he's a very good player of course with a lot of qualities but he's limited by his right foot and he never dribble but int he passes,vision ..... he's incredible

Messi has no right foot. Very rarely he finds the net with his right.

Eden is both footed

Messi has no right foot. Very rarely he finds the net with his right.

Eden is both footed

of course you can perform successfully with only one foot but it's very difficult. i play football and i've played with professionnal players in belgium but it's very difficult for me when i want to shoot with my left foot and it's a handicap for me then with mata it's the same i think

of course you can perform successfully with only one foot but it's very difficult. i play football and i've played with professionnal players in belgium but it's very difficult for me when i want to shoot with my left foot and it's a handicap for me then with mata it's the same i think

I also think that is mata's greatest flaw. He can't even play a pass with his right foot. So he always has to pass with the outside of his left, which makes the angle more difficult. How often have we seen that mata has been pushed inside from the left by a defender. No problem if he had a right foot he could make a side or even a diagonal pass to the front, but as he has to play it with the left he can only pass it bakcwards and the attack breaks down. that and his lack of pace make him completely useless against sides with players that are bigger and faster than him such as City. Zabaleta, Kompany, kolarov or whoever can easily bully him of the ball no matter whether he stands or dribbles cos.

I have no power in my left, just finess

lol. It's the other way round with me.

Our non strikers might score a lot but they miss quite lot too. This has to improve next season, regardless who will be our next striker. We cant vaste our chances like that. Cos it is not their job. Mata and esp Oscar are extremely wasteful. That is why Lamps is so important in a game like last weekend we would have rued our missed chances if he had not openend the scoring.

Being one-footed is some serious handicap if you want to play at a higher level.

I missed goals countless times because I couldn't shoot properly with my left and there was no way I could shoot with my right from the position I was. The most I can do with my left is short passing and even then I'd prefer doing with my right foot if possible, even if I have to hit it with the outside of my foot.