Juan Mata

Severinb

Ikr , Torres has been awfully shit but that doesn't change the very fact that Mata has been quite selfish . I'm not really talking about those instances , it's actually about how Mata plays . He always passes a quick ball to the striker to hold and makes his run in the box . Which I think has to stop seriously if he has to score all the goals why do we play a striker ?

Lol I still remember that pass from Kalou , It was far better than the Mata one ^__^

Oh yesh Mikel sucks :P

what has this to do with Mikel? anyway, I think this describes it the best:

triple_facepalm.jpg?0

Not just that , he always try to pass quick ball to the striker and thinking he'd hold that for him and laid it back to him while he's continue his run in the box . This needs to stop.

Thats a basic one two that we need more of in our attacks

See I can see where you're coming from, but sometimes you have to look at a player's ceiling and how good they could be. We spent £20 million on a 21 year old - you're always buying potential at that age so you can't then make decisions based on him only having potential. We're also ignoring the Champions League games where he's scored 5 goals from open play in 6 matches, and gave what I think is the performance of the season against Juventus.

Mata at his absolute best is probably close to where he is now. I truly believe Oscar has the potential to be the best player in the world. Yes they could share time but in crunch games I'd definitely be looking to start Oscar in the middle and build the whole team around him. In that scenario we still need Mata and I'd put him on the right-wing but he needs to work on his defending and that's what any new coach should focus on in the summer.

If we're not going to use Oscar like that and we're simply going to use him as a winger then we should sell him now. I'm a football fan first and foremost and I really don't want us to ruin or under-utilize what could be a once in a generation talent simply because we're focusing on the short-term once again.

I agree, but I sadly dont think he will ever be the best in the world (if you mean award). There will always be someone scoring 40-50 goals who will grab all attention. I dont really know if you meant the actual award (sorry), but he will be underrated just like Lampard and Pirlo (maybe not in their respective leagues or countries, but definetly worlwide).

Also, I do believe Mata can work on the right wing. He is already good enough to play there and Mourinho (I know, but please dont ruin my hopes) can make him defend...

I agree, but I sadly dont think he will ever be the best in the world (if you mean award). There will always be someone scoring 40-50 goals who will grab all attention. I dont really know if you meant the actual award (sorry), but he will be underrated just like Lampard and Pirlo (maybe not in their respective leagues or countries, but definetly worlwide).

Also, I do believe Mata can work on the right wing. He is already good enough to play there and Mourinho (I know, but please dont ruin my hopes) can make him defend...

Do you see how much defending di maria does for Real. Do you guys see how much he runs a game... If Mata was to do that on the wings, he wouldn't make it till the second half...

Also, Lampard is def. not underrated(if anything, hes overrated) and Pirlo is rated just right...

Do you see how much defending di maria does for Real. Do you guys see how much he runs a game... If Mata was to do that on the wings, he wouldn't make it till the second half...

Also, Lampard is def. not underrated(if anything, hes overrated) and Pirlo is rated just right...

Mata can do what Di Maria does because we wouldnt have Ozil, Ronaldo and Benzema upfront. We could have Oscar (who tracks back), Hazard (who does it more than people give him credit for) and possibly Cavani (who is a fucking workhorse). Also, I woundt be talking about a game vs Utd or Barcelona (high tempo fullbacks), just a regular game against decent teams. Just look at Inter and see how many 'weak' players defended pretty well.

Mata is having a very good season, with a very bad mid-season downfall (thanks to Benitez). People tend to forget the games he won for us and how much he played. He basically had no rest due to the Euros and Olympics and since the begining of the season he is our most used player. No wonder you think he cant handle!

Lampard is indeed underrated, just ask anyone in the world who is an ocasional football lover and not a Chelsea fan to list the 5 best midfielders of the last 2 decades. Make this experiement...

Mata can do what Di Maria does because we wouldnt have Ozil, Ronaldo and Benzema upfront. We could have Oscar (who tracks back), Hazard (who does it more than people give him credit for) and possibly Cavani (who is a fucking workhorse). Also, I woundt be talking about a game vs Utd or Barcelona (high tempo fullbacks), just a regular game against decent teams. Just look at Inter and see how many 'weak' players defended pretty well.

Mata is having a very good season, with a very bad mid-season downfall (thanks to Benitez). People tend to forget the games he won for us and how much he played. He basically had no rest due to the Euros and Olympics and since the begining of the season he is our most used player. No wonder you think he cant handle!

Lampard is indeed underrated, just ask anyone in the world who is an ocasional football lover and not a Chelsea fan to list the 5 best midfielders of the last 2 decades. Make this experiement...

Mata barely played in Euros and Spain did not even pass group stages.... Also, Mata is the only player to have a vacation for like 2 weeks during the season....

Di Maria runs and runs and runs all game long... Mata would not last in that system in the wings...Di Maria is probably one of the best wingers in the world, however, since he burns so much energy into running and tracking back, people tend to forget him..

Lampard is def. not even England's best midfielder, how can he be top 5 in the last 2 decades....... Only people that would say he is top 5 are Chelsea fans, not even England fans....

Mata barely played in Euros and Spain did not even pass group stages.... Also, Mata is the only player to have a vacation for like 2 weeks during the season....

Di Maria runs and runs and runs all game long... Mata would not last in that system in the wings...Di Maria is probably one of the best wingers in the world, however, since he burns so much energy into running and tracking back, people tend to forget him..

The travelling and psycological fatigue are bad enough. It is not like he is at the hotel pool all day!

Also, why does it need to be exactly like Di Maria? Everyone knows he runs like hell every single game (still doesnt make the top3 of players who run the most at Real though). There are a lot of ways to denfend, he is already improving. The way I view you arguying is pretty stupid (correct me if I am wrong): not like Di Maria, busted. Mourinho had some shit defending wingers throughout his career and made all of them thrive!

One more thing, if Jose return and decide to go back to a 4-3-3, Mata can very well be the right winger (ala Joe Cole), since he will have protection!

The travelling and psycological fatigue are bad enough. It is not like he is at the hotel pool all day!

Also, why does it need to be exactly like Di Maria? Everyone knows he runs like hell every single game (still doesnt make the top3 of players who run the most at Real though). There are a lot of ways to denfend, he is already improving. The way I view you arguying is pretty stupid (correct me if I am wrong): not like Di Maria, busted. Mourinho had some shit defending wingers throughout his career and made all of them thrive!

One more thing, if Jose return and decide to go back to a 4-3-3, Mata can very well be the right winger (ala Joe Cole), since he will have protection!

Maria, Fabio and probably Khedria runs the most out of Madrid.....

Also, as a few posters stated, if we revert back to 4-3-3, a lot of players on the team will be deemed useless (I guess a better word is not as productive). Mata is very good, but if he had defensive responsibilities, I doubt he would have half the impact he contributed as a Chelsea player right now...

I don't really know much bout Joe Cole, however, I just look at his attributes and he is 74kg compared to Mata 61kg (could be off)... which for some players, is a reason why they can't defend well...

Lampard is def. not even England's best midfielder, how can he be top 5 in the last 2 decades....... Only people that would say he is top 5 are Chelsea fans, not even England fans....

I know a lot of people who agree with me that Lamps is the best midfielder of his generation who are not Chelsea fans. Plus on emight consider that he is the greatest goalscoring midfielder ever and has more assists than Gerrard, Xavi, Iniesta or whoever u might compare with him.

Mata is compeletely different player than di Maria, but the main reason Mata will never win the Golden Ball is because he plays in the Premier League. Europe's governing bodies have never been that fond of the greatest league in the world.

Anyway, I don't give a fuck

Lamps is one of the best midfielders ever and Mata will be a top10 player of the world sooner rather than later.

I know a lot of people who agree with me that Lamps is the best midfielder of his generation who are not Chelsea fans. Plus on emight consider that he is the greatest goalscoring midfielder ever and has more assists than Gerrard, Xavi, Iniesta or whoever u might compare with him.

Mata is compeletely different player than di Maria, but the main reason Mata will never win the Golden Ball is because he plays in the Premier League. Europe's governing bodies have never been that fond of the greatest league in the world.

Anyway, I don't give a fuck

Lamps is one of the best midfielders ever and Mata will be a top10 player of the world sooner rather than later.

1. Scholes is the greatest English midfielder of his generation.

2. Lampard already is England's greatest midfielder goal scorer ever. A record that could possibly be carried on for maybe centuries.

lol Scholes????????????????? U are kiddin me right??? That small ginger fella who has been a complement player for Utd his entire life? This has to be joke. The only argument for Scholes is that he has won so many titles with manU but than u could also argue Carrick is the best English midfielder of his generation. Both also have never won an individual award. Maybe that is also an argument for u that a player is good. lol. Scholes might have played for ages but he has been average his entire career.

Lamps displaced Scholes in the England team, cos he is better. Lamps has actually LED his team to titles not been an occasional sub. lamps has scored and assisted multiple times the number scholes has. Lamps has won countless individual award including 2nd best player in the world even though he is English, even though an EPL palyer, even though he split votes with Gerrard. I'd even have Gerrard over Scholes anyday and Gerrard is only a poor people's Lamps.

LOLZ Scholes. my ass.

lol Scholes????????????????? U are kiddin me right??? That small ginger fella who has been a complement player for Utd his entire life? This has to be joke. The only argument for Scholes is that he has won so many titles with manU but than u could also argue Carrick is the best English midfielder of his generation. Both also have never won an individual award. Maybe that is also an argument for u that a player is good. lol. Scholes might have played for ages but he has been average his entire career.

That is perhaps the biggest pile of shit I've ever read on the internet. No offence.

That is perhaps the biggest pile of shit I've ever read on the internet. No offence.

No problem. I have learned not to give a shit about your opinion, cos all you do is listing some ridiculous theses (often random) theses and renounce giving any arguments for these, usually after quoting other members, even though your post seldom has anything to do with their texts. As a reminder, here is a little sample: "The board's decisions are what is best for the club"(yeah, exactly), "Lampard is not going to change anything when he comes back"(how many goals has he scored since?),"Mata is on course to a 25 goals 30 assists season...."(speaks for itself),"Scholes is better than Lampard"(still funny), unbiased Stating of facts like Scholes never having won an individual award and is small and ginger "is the biggest pile of shit I've ever read on the Internet". You are outdoing yourself again and again, so keep on babbling.

No problem. I have learned not to give a shit about your opinion, cos all you do is listing some ridiculous theses (often random) theses and renounce giving any arguments for these, usually after quoting other members, even though your post seldom has anything to do with their texts. As a reminder, here is a little sample: "The board's decisions are what is best for the club"(yeah, exactly), "Lampard is not going to change anything when he comes back"(how many goals has he scored since?),"Mata is on course to a 25 goals 30 assists season...."(speaks for itself),"Scholes is better than Lampard"(still funny), unbiased Stating of facts like Scholes never having won an individual award and is small and ginger "is the biggest pile of shit I've ever read on the Internet". You are outdoing yourself again and again, so keep on babbling.

If you can find a single person on this board who thinks Scholes has been 'average his entire career', I'll leave this site.

In fact I'll quit the internet forever because it is THE SINGLE SILLIEST THING I'VE SEEN ON THE INTERNET and I have an email folder full of stupid cat videos thats friends have sent me.

Lamps displaced Scholes in the England team, cos he is better. Lamps has actually LED his team to titles not been an occasional sub. lamps has scored and assisted multiple times the number scholes has. Lamps has won countless individual award including 2nd best player in the world even though he is English, even though an EPL palyer, even though he split votes with Gerrard. I'd even have Gerrard over Scholes anyday and Gerrard is only a poor people's Lamps.

LOLZ Scholes. my ass.

whoa, Gerrard is a poor man's Lampard? HAHA

It's funny cause Lampard is older than Stevie, yet Stevie made first team before Lampard.... Even when Gerrard got injured for 2002, Lampard did not even get called up for England....

Also, I rate both Scholes and Gerrard above Lampard...