Juan Mata

Severinb

nope. my post is somehow not complete. I meant i had to dig really deep to actually find soem awards scholes has won. he has been voted into the team of the decade of 1993-2002, Lamps has been player of the decade 2000-2009. Lamps has also won 39 individual awards to Scholes 7. Lamps also won 4 times player of the month, 3 times pfa team of the year to scholes's 2, Lamps has won silver award in european and world player of the year, world xi and countless other awards scholes can only dream of. That is why all in all Lamps beats scholes and gerrard in terms of all relevant statistics and individual awards. Lampard has been massively underrated in terms of individual awards throughout the years and still has collected almost 6 times as much as scholes has.

And if you ask anyone who knows anything about football then they'll tell you that Scholes is still the most underrated player of his generations. You can trawl through wikipedia all you want but you need to have watched him play over a number of seasons to appreciate what a stupid statement 'average his entire career' is.

Well maybe it is because I have only been in football since 2004 and Scholes has been a marginal note in the 9 years since then but I have never seen him as anything even close to Lamps and analyzing his achievements, statistics and highlight reels i still do not see anything he is better at. watch this

One of Lamps's strenghts has been his long range passing, I do not see anyone who is better at it. He still plays 70 yard pinpoint passes every game.

Well maybe it is because I have only been in football since 2004 and Scholes has been a marginal note in the 9 years since then but I have never seen him as anything even close to Lamps and analyzing his achievements, statistics and highlight reels i still do not see anything he is better at. watch this

One of Lamps's strenghts has been his long range passing, I do not see anyone who is better at it. He still plays 70 yard pinpoint passes every game.

Lamps is a great player. But if you think about all the other great midfielders of his generation then they've probably said at some time that Scholes was the greatest midfielder of his generation. His passing was sublime over the short and long-range, his shooting ability was second only to Lamps in my opinion and really his only weakness was his tackling which was stupendously awful and dangerous at times.

United fans would pick him in a heartbeat, Chelsea fans would pick Lamps and neutrals would probably be split about 60:40 in favour of Scholes.

And if you ask anyone who knows anything about football then they'll tell you that Scholes is still the most underrated player of his generations. You can trawl through wikipedia all you want but you need to have watched him play over a number of seasons to appreciate what a stupid statement 'average his entire career' is.

when will you realize than "u can ask anyone" statements are no arguements. Even extremely successfull coaches like Guardiola and great players like xavi have talked shit and only because they have a subjective oppinion it does not mean it can't be wrong. Ferguson and Trappatoni are also is great coaches, still 80% of what they say is bullshit. When you see these individual awards there are many succesfull players and coaches who give their opinion so it is not subjective any more but intersubjective which is far more valuable from an epistemological point of view. When I see Lamps has won 39 of major and minor awards and Scholes only 7 minor awards, this is quite a statement. other than "u can ask bla bla bla", "neutral would pck", "if u ask all the other great midfielders bla bla" , which are only your wishi washi impressions.

Probably already been posted but this was quite a good video I thought

thanks for posting, 12:19 got me cracking up when he said "handsome" for describing the ideal girl.