Juan Mata

Severinb

If you can find a single person on this board who thinks Scholes has been 'average his entire career', I'll leave this site.

In fact I'll quit the internet forever because it is THE SINGLE SILLIEST THING I'VE SEEN ON THE INTERNET and I have an email folder full of stupid cat videos thats friends have sent me.

This forum has too many Chelsea homers.....

I'm not good at making gifs nor my internet has speed , otherwise i'd had shown you heaps of flicks where he should have done better (:

I'm so bored of your trolling.

whoa, Gerrard is a poor man's Lampard? HAHA

It's funny cause Lampard is older than Stevie, yet Stevie made first team before Lampard.... Even when Gerrard got injured for 2002, Lampard did not even get called up for England....

Also, I rate both Scholes and Gerrard above Lampard...

Lampard Prime > Gerrard Prime

Erm, can we just stick to talking all things about Mata here please?

There's the English Football Thread elsewhere to talk about who's the best England midfielder in last 10-20 years.

In terms of ability I think Gerrard is better than Frank, but Lampard has definitely been the more effective player throughout his career, for club and country.

Scholes was miles ahead of both, not even up for debate.

Edit: Soz, off topic

Erm, can we just stick to talking all things about Mata here please?

There's the English Football Thread elsewhere to talk about who's the best England midfielder in last 10-20 years.

agreed!

1.Lampard prime > Gerrard prime > Scholes prime In 2005 Lamps and Gerrard both were in there prime. Lamps was 2nd in world player of the year, gerrard 3rd, beaten by a distance. Scholes has never won an individual award of any significance

2.Lampard overall > Scholes overall > Gerrard overall (see below)

reflected by performances, stats and statistics respectively.

https://twitter.com/BigJohnTerry/status/291291194531651584/photo/1

They are not quite up to date (from end janaury or so)and only premier league but, updating and including more competitions only influences these stats even more in Lamps's favour, cos Gerrard has only assembled a massive 3 goals since then whilst Scholes has recorded a bombastic 0 goals and 0 assists. Lamps has scored at least 5 goals. If u include all competitions Lamps has 266 goals which is about as much as Scholes and gerrard have combined overall. Also Lamps's 0,3 goals per game ratio beats them both comfortably with 0,2 and 0,23 respectively. Interesting is also that Lamps has more goals in the league alone than either Scholes or Gerrard have overall( which are more matches). Also for England Lamps has a far better scoring record than both. Lamps has outscored Gerrard in 13 of the 17 seasons they have played in parallel, including the including the last 4 running, even though being older, outassisted Gerrard in every season they have played in parallel i have checked so far, outassisted and outscored Paul Scholes in every season since 2004. Scholes's prime 2000-2005 is not even close to Lamps's 2005-2010 in terms of goals and assists and most importantly titles. Yes titles. When Scholes had the biggest imapct on his team during his career before becoming a bench player in these years he won 2 leagues, 1 fa cup, Lamps won 3 leagues, 4 fa cups and 2 league cups when he had the biggest impact on the team. Now i have dug really deep to find some individual awards. He has been "player of the decade 1992-2001

1.Lampard prime > Gerrard prime > Scholes prime In 2005 Lamps and Gerrard both were in there prime. Lamps was 2nd in world player of the year, gerrard 3rd, beaten by a distance. Scholes has never won an individual award of any significance

They are not quite up to date (from end janaury or so)and only premier league but, updating and including more competitions only influences these stats even more in Lamps's favour, cos Gerrard has only assembled a massive 3 goals since then whilst Scholes has recorded a bombastic 0 goals and 0 assists. Lamps has scored at least 5 goals. If u include all competitions Lamps has 266 goals which is about as much as Scholes and gerrard have combined overall. Also Lamps's 0,3 goals per game ratio beats them both comfortably with 0,2 and 0,23 respectively. Interesting is also that Lamps has more goals in the league alone than either Scholes or Gerrard have overall( which are more matches). Also for England Lamps has a far better scoring record than both. Lamps has outscored Gerrard in 13 of the 17 seasons they have played in parallel, including the including the last 4 running, even though being older, outassisted Gerrard in every season they have played in parallel i have checked so far, outassisted and outscored Paul Scholes in every season since 2004. Scholes's prime 2000-2005 is not even close to Lamps's 2005-2010 in terms of goals and assists and most importantly titles. Yes titles. When Scholes had the biggest imapct on his team during his career before becoming a bench player in these years he won 2 leagues, 1 fa cup, Lamps won 3 leagues, 4 fa cups and 2 league cups when he had the biggest impact on the team. Now i have dug really deep to find some individual awards. He has been "player of the decade 1992-2001

Agree with everything except, your decade. You mean 2002-2012.

Found anyone who agrees with your statement that Scholes was 'average his entire career'?

:lol2:

Xavi and Guardiola both called him the greatest midfielder of his generation. Do you know who they are?

Agree with everything except, your decade. You mean 2002-2012.

nope. my post is somehow not complete. I meant i had to dig really deep to actually find soem awards scholes has won. he has been voted into the team of the decade of 1993-2002, Lamps has been player of the decade 2000-2009. Lamps has also won 39 individual awards to Scholes 7. Lamps also won 4 times player of the month, 3 times pfa team of the year to scholes's 2, Lamps has won silver award in european and world player of the year, world xi and countless other awards scholes can only dream of. That is why all in all Lamps beats scholes and gerrard in terms of all relevant statistics and individual awards. Lampard has been massively underrated in terms of individual awards throughout the years and still has collected almost 6 times as much as scholes has.

nope. my post is somehow not complete. I meant i had to dig really deep to actually find soem awards scholes has won. he has been voted into the team of the decade of 1993-2002, Lamps has been player of the decade 2000-2009. Lamps has also won 39 individual awards to Scholes 7. Lamps also won 4 times player of the month, 3 times pfa team of the year to scholes's 2, Lamps has won silver award in european and world player of the year, world xi and countless other awards scholes can only dream of. That is why all in all Lamps beats scholes and gerrard in terms of all relevant statistics and individual awards. Lampard has been massively underrated in terms of individual awards throughout the years and still has collected almost 6 times as much as scholes has.

Ok then, i thought you were talking about lamps... My bad...

Scholes, has been an emmence player and one of the best passers of the ball that i have seen, especially long range. His passing is better than lamps, but as a complete player i would have to go with lamps for everything he offers.

On topic:

Mata didn't show much when he came on, but you can't rely on him to save our asses every single time.