Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

1 hour ago, Mana said:

You are pathetic, shut up with your nonsense.

Costa has an ego. Picking fights on the pitch. Throwing bibs at Mourinho. If you can't see that, then you are as blind as a naked mole rat.

Lukaku is the PL's top scorer. If he wins the golden boot, he has the right to brag.

And at least Lukaku wins balls in the air, unlike Costa. You honestly know nothing.

Lukaku is so good he goes in hiding against every better team out of respect, because otherwise it wouldnt be fair.

Everyone who wants Costa out, at least target players who are better, in which case Lukaku is simply not. 

21 minutes ago, Mana said:

We want obviously someone better than Lukaku, but Lukaku > Costa so far this season and last season. You can't deny that.

Its the feeling because of past two months. Before february I would pick Costa anyday. Lukaku will first have to play for bigger club and then see if he can lead the team like Costa did. 

I agree we should be considering selling Costa only because he is unstable, not because of his skill. But who is there available that is better than Costa at his best? 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Its the feeling because of past two months. Before february I would pick Costa anyday. Lukaku will first have to play for bigger club and then see if he can lead the team like Costa did. 

I agree we should be considering selling Costa only because he is unstable, not because of his skill. But who is there available that is better than Costa at his best? 

its so funny when people say who else is better than costa at his best. It reminds me of when drogba left that is exactly what people said and who did we get, Costa!!!!! 

So i believe we will get someone. people should stop thinking as though Costa is the best Chelsea can get. I am very sure 3 Seasons from now when Lukaku or Morata are about to be sold we would be asking this same dumb question "who is there better than them at their best".

Secondly i wont accept you saying "who is there available" . We dont need a player to available before we can get him. When we want him, we will have him, afterall Costa was not available. WE MADE HIM AVAILABLE. So was Drogba and Torres and every other player we buy. Not Free Transfer, WE BUY.

THIS IS CHELSEA:cig::cig:, NOT........................

Cavani. He's the only other player I've ever seen who played like-for-like when compared to Drogba. I miss that, I want that, and we'd benefit from that.

Don't let anyone fool you into believing Cavani's some sort of goal-missing merchant. He has his misses, as does Suarez, but they score so so so many goals that it really doesn't matter. And age isn't a factor when you're as athletic as Cavani is.

It is time, even though he is past his best. I think he'd keep up a similar goalscoring rate to Diego, and for sure have periods where he doesn't score, but it's those dry periods which can define a player, and Cavani offers all those qualities Drogba gave us when not scoring.

I can see us selling Diego for 80m, and signing Cavani for 65m.

Cavani is an animal, and I mean that in a good way. He has a very rounded and polished side to his game, aerially he's excellent, the ball at his feet he's good and he's a super finisher. I wanted Cavani here years ago, just a simply brilliant forward who bullies defenders and can take it the other way too.

Ibrahimovic is 35 years old. I think I win.

But for good measure, Suarez is 30. 

For better measure, Ronaldo's 32.

For disrespectful measure, Dzeko is 31, but not too old to lead his team to 1 place behind an uber strong Juventus. 

Imagine we got rid of Drogba at 30 :o

Cavani is one of the best athletes in football. After 35, I wouldn't be overly enthusiastic, but I know in 5 years he'll still be better than 90% of the strikers in Europe. Even at 39 he's going to be useful coming off the bench. He'd be a very wise, experienced investment who'd bring more to the locker room than a single other striker who's been mentioned. (In losing Terry, I doubt we should be replacing him with Lukaku or Mbappe. Icardi brings 0 charisma too)

and Aduriz at 36 has more goals from open play this season than Griezmann. Exactly the same the year before too. In fact last year he was the highest scoring player in the league not wearing a Barcelona/Real Madrid kit. (This season, Aspas (30 this year) & Griezmann join him.)) At 35, Nistelrooy, Klose & Inzaghi were the best poachers in their leagues.

23 hours ago, Mana said:

You are pathetic, shut up with your nonsense.

Costa has an ego. Picking fights on the pitch. Throwing bibs at Mourinho. If you can't see that, then you are as blind as a naked mole rat.

Lukaku is the PL's top scorer. If he wins the golden boot, he has the right to brag.

And at least Lukaku wins balls in the air, unlike Costa. You honestly know nothing.

Will be fun to see who you next hate once Costa is gone. Fans like you always need to hate one player or another. Fickle to the bone you. BLOCKED!!!

You have to go a while back to find a golden boot winner who wasn't on a top club. Lukaku is doing that. I think he only gets better from here on as well. Not to mention I feel he is already better than Costa currently, and one is on the up and the other is at the age where he is more than likely beginning some kind of decline.
He does everything Costa does but at a better level. He is bigger, faster, stronger and he is better at holding the ball up, and that is something I keep seeing improve with him. He makes us more dynamic, not less.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Mana said:

True. We will find out in the summer who's available.

But I need to stress this one out because people seem to forget. Lukaku is only 23 years of age. He's younger than me for pete's sake! He's only going to get better. Lukaku is leading the golden boot and has a gap.

Also why do you want Lukaku first to play for a bigger club? That's a headscratcher. If he plays for a bigger club, scores goals left, right and centre, getting trophies...why would he come to Chelsea? It will be too late to grab him back for sure.

Lukaku at this point of time isn't much of an upgrade from Costa (IMO though, he IS an upgrade if you consider his age), but as I said - he is only going to get better. Costa, with the way he's playing, is looking like he's past it.

There's no guarantee he'll improve in years to come. I personally hope he doesn't return and we go all out for Belotti. 

But he has improved over the years. If you look at his growing record in the past number of seasons, you'll know that.

Lukaku is also PL proven. Belotti isn't.

I wouldn't mind Lukaku coming back. He has definitely improved a lot since he left Chelsea.

We all thought Kane is a one-season wonder. Look at him now.

I just don't see him as much of an improvement of Costa. £60-80m for him isn't good business IMO.

Whoever it is we bring in be it Rom or Belotti or Morata I just hope they are more dominant with their head than Diego. We have a system built with width as an importance and it kills me when we just swing balls across to nobody. Rom and Belotti are both extremely dangerous with their heads. I favour belotti but I have a personal bias with him being Italian, and I think he will work harder for the team. BUT if we end up with Rom I think he will consistently score 20 goals for us and be a fine piece of business depending what we sell Diego for.

Funny that people prefer Belotti.
Belotti is a good player and has huge potential but this is the first year he's smashing in all the goals in the Serie A whereas this is Lukaku's fourth year at Everton.

No way Everton are going to sell him easily to us. They despise us lol.