Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

On 3/20/2017 at 9:12 AM, BoyBlue96 said:

Indeed we should just keep Diego Costa who has already proven to be more bipolar than a 16 y/o teenage girl or Charlie Sheen when he was on drugs. 

No we should keep Diego Costa because he has fired us to one PL title and is close to doing so another.

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

That's what goes over a lot of heads, i remember months ago i was having this debate with someone about Zouma. I was saying he wouldn't fit into Conte's system because we are trying to play out of the back and technical play is Kurt's biggest weakness and he just kept hitting me with "he's young give him time" like Zouma was going to turn into Bonucci if we played him and let him grow :lol:

Get used to that frustration; if you haven't already. I've been having this discussion with people for decades but there's always someone new coming along who needs convincing all over again.

Players are often said to have improved, and indeed they do but only in a specific, narrow way. Players improve in their understanding of how to make the best use of their attributes. They get better at using the tools they have and, crucially, they get to know what they can't do so they do not waste possession by trying things they can't manage. Romelu has done that well but, players like him and Diego never turn into Lionel Messi. Basic talent level is innate and can't be fixed by training. Proof?

1. There is only one Messi, as there was just one Pele and one Maradonna. If reaching their levels of ability was a simple matter of extra hours on the training ground, there would have been countless thousands of them over the years.

2. There is a transfer market. If clubs could simply train up their own Messis, Bouffons or Bonuccis, why on Earth would they bother spending hundreds of millions in the market?

Improvements are possible but only in a limited way. Kurt will never have quality skills in possession of the football and, in this system, that is a serious issue. N'golo's FA Cup goal against ManU is one of my favourites of the season. Why? Watch it again and notice where our LCB & RCB are as the goal is created and scored. That's a part of our system when circumstances are right, and it's a thing of beauty, but there ain't no point putting Kurt there.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

No we should keep Diego Costa because he has fired us to one PL title and is close to doing so another.

Yeah, but Costa has already tried to escape from Chelsea like 3 times. I would rather have a striker who likes to play here. Also, I wouldn't mind if our new striker wasn't a constant red card-threat.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Get used to that frustration; if you haven't already. I've been having this discussion with people for decades but there's always someone new coming along who needs convincing all over again.

Players are often said to have improved, and indeed they do but only in a specific, narrow way. Players improve in their understanding of how to make the best use of their attributes. They get better at using the tools they have and, crucially, they get used to what they can't do so they do not waste possession by trying things they can't manage. Romelu has done that well but, players like him and Diego never turn into Lionel Messi. Basic talent level is innate and can't be fixed by training. Proof?

1. There is only one Messi, as there was just one Pele and one Maradonna. If reaching their levels of ability was a simple matter of extra hours on the training ground, there would have been countless thousands of them over the years.

2. There is a transfer market. If clubs could simply train up their own Messis, Bouffons or Bonuccis, why on Earth would they bother spending hundreds of millions in the market?

Improvements are possible but only in a limited way. Kurt will never have quality skills in possession of the football and, in this system, that is a serious issue. N'golo's FA Cup goal against ManU is one of my favourites of the season. Why? Watch it again and notice where our LCB & RCB are as the goal is created and scored. That's a part of our system when circumstances are right, and it's a thing of beauty, but there ain't no point putting Kurt there.

Fine post

Think a lot of posters here will be feeling mighty salty seeing him bang them in for United if he doesn't come here. Been scoring loads and loads of goals at shit clubs like Everton and West Brom with limited service and average players around him. No reason he would score 20+ per PL season here if he's the undisputed main man.

It would be the KDB or Mata threads x1000 every time he scored or played well if he ends up in Manchester.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think a lot of posters here will be feeling mighty salty seeing him bang them in for United if he doesn't come here. Been scoring loads and loads of goals at shit clubs like Everton and West Brom with limited service and average players around him. No reason he would score 20+ per PL season here if he's the undisputed main man.

It would be the KDB or Mata threads x1000 every time he scored or played well if he ends up in Manchester.

The Mata thread only really got salty when we were shot last season, view his thread in 14/15 and not one person was that bothered. Sturridge was a similar song, as soon as Costa came in his thread stopped getting bumped every time he scored.

If we are challenging for top honours under Conte consistently I doubt many people will give a flying fuck and we shouldn't spend £70m on someone who isn't worth the money just because United can't have him.

27 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yeah, but Costa has already tried to escape from Chelsea like 3 times. I would rather have a striker who likes to play here. Also, I wouldn't mind if our new striker wasn't a constant red card-threat.

So did Drogba, ultimately Costa is proven title winning pedigree at the top level, Lukaku isn't. He's a good PL scorer but so far that's it.

If we were to loseDiego I would rather spend big on Icardi or Mbappe than Lukaku.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The Mata thread only really got salty when we were shot last season, view his thread in 14/15 and not one person was that bothered. Sturridge was a similar song, as soon as Costa came in his thread stopped getting bumped every time he scored.

If we are challenging for top honours under Conte consistently I doubt many people will give a flying fuck and we shouldn't spend £70m on someone who isn't worth the money just because United can't have him.

So did Drogba, ultimately Costa is proven title winning pedigree at the top level, Lukaku isn't. He's a good PL scorer but so far that's it.

If we were to loseDiego I would rather spend big on Icardi or Mbappe than Lukaku.

I just have the feeling with Diego that he'll never truly be settled and happy here. Wherever Lukaku moves I think he'll be for 10 years or something. I'd rather that be here than anywhere else. I think Costa is definitely off this summer and I'd hate it if we straight up replace him with Morata for silly money instead.

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I realy dont know what to think about Romelu. At one hand he is brilliant striker if you look the stats. Then again, he misses some fire that makes good striker one of europes best.

Realy if we get him I wouldnt be dissapointed, if we dont I wont be either considering whoever else we get does the job.

On 20. 3. 2017 at 10:12 AM, BoyBlue96 said:

Indeed we should just keep Diego Costa who has already proven to be more bipolar than a 16 y/o teenage girl or Charlie Sheen when he was on drugs. 

Also, who is still Morata > Lukaku? Please do tell me so I can call you a neurologist. 

Hmm so you dont particulary like Costa because 1.) his attitude and 2.) his ability on ball

Yet you consider Lukaku greater than Morata? Only thing Lukaku has over Morata are goals. Which is one thing Costa is great at too. So, you prefer strikers that score goals or those that have better link up? Because in that case you should prefer Morata over Lukaku, but you dont.

On side note, sure Lukaku is better finisher. Morata is inconsistent as hell, I would never have him as lone striker. But also Morata is ten times better at link up than Lukaku will ever be. He is absolutely brilliant dribbler and passer for a striker. Better than Aguero on that matter IMO.

People want to get rid of Costa because ''goals are not all'' and striker needs to be good at link up. To me it seems half the forum ideal stiker is Morata, but when they actualy face the facts they prefer Lukaku because of goals. Well, Costa scores goals and he is apparenty ''average''. The people on forum got spoiled and they want a new striker while Costa is more than good.

As long Costa is here we dont need new striker simple as that.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just have the feeling with Diego that he'll never truly be settled and happy here. Wherever Lukaku moves I think he'll be for 10 years or something. I'd rather that be here than anywhere else. I think Costa is definitely off this summer and I'd hate it if we straight up replace him with Morata for silly money instead.

I tend not to look past a few years when it comes to players, aside from Terry our longest serving player is Cahill then Eden.

I'm convinced Lukaku will never be anything more than a very good PL scorer so yeah he will score goals for United but I'm not convinced he will be what they need to compete at home and abroad.

49 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Individual stats are irrelevant. If I had to pick between Aguero and Lewandowski, I would always pick Lewa even though Aguero is the superior goal-scorer and the better individualist. For me anyway. A fit and in form Aguero would probably hit around 55 goals if he played 60 games in a season. I think Lewa would get around 45. But Lewandowski has a greater impact on the collective with his ability as a target man and his versatility allows you to employ different styles (early balls behind defences, long balls and as a poacher in the box). He's also less streaky and performs better under pressure imo. Just compare their performances in the CL and look at how Lewandowski is also decisive for his country.

Lukaku to Utd would be a great move for him. Forming a partnership with Ibra, and Martial/Rashford in the future would be far more beneficial for his chances of succeeding. But I don't think Lukaku would be the difference in Utd's search of succes.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

So Lukaku is not proven, let's sign Mbappe? Interesting thinking.

I

The goal scoring records are one thing, but I still wonder how he would fit in our system. I agree that he would have uses for our squad, especially if we're playing on the counter, because of his tendency to wait on the shoulder of the last defender and his tremendous speed when he moves into space. His link up play has also improved

But week in week out? Most of the teams that we play at the bridge don't like to give us space. They pile up their defenders around the box, and harass our attackers. Now that we're at the fag end of our season, that's the only thing opposition teams seem to be doing. Can Lukaku tolerate the kind of abuse Costa received at the hands of Shawcross and Martins Indi, and still be a threat? (Granted he would not lose his head like Costa, but I'm not so sure about him winning the physical battle). I can't see him being the main man, or a constant member of the starting 11 because of this. Would he be content being second fiddle? We know how that turned out last time.

As has been the case for the good number of years from the last decade, Chelsea have always thrived on two things: A good defensive midfielder and a good target man up front like Drogba. In my opinion, Diego Costa and Batshuayi are better when it comes to the latter. 

So Roms shit, Roms unproven, Roim only scores against shit teams.

Lest we forget

I wouldn't mind a wanker like that playing for the team I want to rule Europe.

I'll ask agaon. Wassup with sticking him on RW and giving him the same freedom Edens got and let all 3 of them go crackers.

The Times:

Moshiri standing between Lukaku and Everton exit

Lukaku stunned Everton last week by telling the club he will not sign a new contract

Romelu Lukaku has already regaled everyone with the strikers he regards as the best on the planet or, as he succinctly put it, “[Luis] Suarez, [Robert] Lewandowski, [Karim] Benzema, [Edinson] Cavani. That’s it. I’m not looking at the rest. No chance.”

So, it would be interesting if he ever reels off the names of his toughest opponent. Perhaps Vincent Kompany and John Terry would feature. What about Farhad Moshiri?

Everton turned down a £70 million bid from Chelsea last summer for Lukaku with Moshiri newly ensconced at Goodison Park as the club’s major shareholder. Almost 12 months on, there is no suggestion the Iranian billionaire is about to roll over and wave the forward through the exit door despite his apparent eagerness to move on.

This is the new Everton that Lukaku is signed up to for the next two years. A club intent on challenging their rivals and one for whom Lukaku’s value is best measured in a blue jersey rather than a fantasy figure transfer fee that would simply swell an already considerable kitty.

Of course, it is true that the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, has a habit of making deals happen and delivering what buying clubs — and his clients — want.

Raiola was a guest last Thursday at the London premiere of Everton chairman Bill Kenwright’s new film “Another Woman’s Son” and was spotted in conversation with Moshiri and, briefly, manager Ronald Koeman.

Yet it was Kenwright and Moshiri who were sat together. They share the tightest of bonds and the strongest of desires to re-establish the Merseyside club as a force.

Chelsea will be back and there is plenty about a return to Stamford Bridge that will appeal to Lukaku

There is no smoke and mirrors about Lukaku’s unwillingness to sign the most lucrative contract in Everton’s history at £140,000 a week. It is not about release clauses. The subject has not featured during discussions with Everton having made clear at the outset of talks that one would not be entertained.

They have steadfastly refused to insert them into contracts ever since reluctantly agreeing to Marouane Fellaini’s demands for an exit figure which led to his move to Manchester United in 2013 [ironically, United CEO Ed Woodward ended up paying more than he would have needed to a few weeks earlier as Kenwright showed himself to be negotiator extraordinaire once more].

This is purely about Lukaku, who is proving himself worth in the region of the £89 million fee United paid for Paul Pogba, wanting to play in the Champions League. It is an ambition of which he has hardly made a secret.

“I have been playing [professionally] since I was 16 and never had a taste of the Champions League. It is going to be seven years. You think about it,” he said in March last year, almost 12 months to the very day last week when he repeated that sermon.

He is in a hurry to succeed and his numbers as a goalscorer are quite exceptional. Chelsea will be back and there is plenty about a return to Stamford Bridge that will appeal to Lukaku, three years after his permanent exit.

Yet he should be wary of Koeman’s comments in the aftermath of the interview, which appeared in The Times and underlined where the 23-year-old marksman sees himself and caused such a furore.

“I am not so afraid of his situation because the player has two more years on his contract,” said Koeman, who has started speaking like the manager Evertonians would expect him to be after the faux pas earlier in his tenure.

“Of course that gives me confidence. Everyone knows what can happen in football, but you need to respect your contract.

“The final word is always to the board of the club and if we don’t sell the player, we don’t sell the player. The people in the club are really strong enough to keep something and, if we go to that direction, it’s the final decision for the board of the club.”

Moshiri has blocked Lukaku’s departure once. An interesting summer looms.

It looks like Everton are going to be cunts about this. And with Rom not resigning contract I suppose he will have to push for the move he wants.

The 1 indisputably cool fact this season is that while Rom is quite ahead in the goalscoring charts compared to his peers, they're only even near him because they've taken a handful of penalties each.

Romelu's scored 0 pens. In terms of open-play goals if we only count them, then barring Costa, the highest league scorers are sitting around 14 goals a piece to Lukaku's 21. Pretty much the opposite of Lacazette who has as many penalties as open-goals scored.

I don't want to sign Lukaku, but he'd be getting 30 goals in France vs. the likes of Cavani sitting on around 20. Shame would be though, he'd be offering less on the field than the players scoring half the amount. Thus it'd be called a tinpot league, and top clubs would be far more interested in the more technical players. Not many clubs in this day and age would like Inzaghi leading their line, and that's sort of what would happen here. You gain goals and lose dynamism. 

TELEGRAPH: Chelsea focus efforts on signing Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku this summer as Alvaro Morata interest fades

Good news as I would personally prefer Lukaku to Morata, if Diego was to leave... Also reassuring news about hazard in this article

Doubtful that we would get Sanchez too but if we did:

..............Costa/Lukaku.............

Hazard ......................Sanchez

That would be a pretty mouthwatering front three :P

I will say for me the only complaint I have against him is that on big games like today against Liverpool he is always absent. 

It's like he don't lead, but only shows up when the game is resolved in their favor.