Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I think the only reason he went is because Le Arse was the only club actually interested in Ba, and even then would fork-out the amount we wanted to get from the loan fee. Would be a good stint for him at Everton, is a goalscorer which Everton are missing at the moment, and will gain some minutes.

Though it is a little saddening, that he was our best striker during preseason, and has shown his worth in cameo appearances so far this season, but despite Jose saying he would have a clearer role in the team then when he first came here - he is loaned out. But whatever, just another chance for Lukaku to shine once more as we hit our heads against the wall when Fernando Torres misses another sitter.

Also, he'll get chances for goals as well. We;ve been poor in front of goal but it hasn't bee through lack of trying. Even with dross like Jelavic in the first three games we managed:

Norwich A - 20 shots

West Brom H - 22 shots

Cardiff A - 13 shots (ok blip)

Think he could exceed his goals for West Brom from last season. Just a shame it'll be 3 weeks til we see him!

Its really been a disappointing summer to be honest. We only addressed one key issue we had a problem with being the goal keeper, The defensive mid and striking problems where not addressed at all but the fucking geniouses at Chelsea go on and spend 50+ million on the part of the field we least need strengthening Good going CFC. And just to sum it all up, Torres and Demba Ba are still our main strikers and Lukaku who scored twice as many as both of them is loaned out again

as for the bold part: I guess you're in the wrong forum. This is about Chelsea FC, not Belgium FC... so maybe in such forum you would like a player to rip Chelsea apart and people would agree with you, not much luck here... unless you support Everton, that is.

I think the point he is making is is that if he was allowed to play against us and put in a great performance he'd be taken more seriously by our coaching staff.

Also, he'll get chances for goals as well. We;ve been poor in front of goal but it hasn't bee through lack of trying. Even with dross like Jelavic in the first three games we managed:

Norwich A - 20 shots

West Brom H - 22 shots

Cardiff A - 13 shots (ok blip)

Think he could exceed his goals for West Brom from last season. Just a shame it'll be 3 weeks til we see him!

Lukaku will be a massive upgrade over Jelavic/Anichebe. I think he is more complete.

May i know who will play behind Lukaku now for Everton ?

I don't agree that we were desperate to loan him out. If that was the case we should have started looking before deadline day. There's nothing that will convince me that keeping Ba over Lukaku was the right choice. Im wondering of it was because we couldn't get the right loan or sale for Ba. We're going to wind up losing Lukaku.

If we were choosing one player to keep and one to sell, then no keeping Ba over Lukaku would have been the wrong choice on so many levels, but having Ba as 3rd choice and letting Lukaku develop his skills at the 6th/7th best team in the country is a genius move for both club and player in the long haul.

If we loaned out Ba he would have came back to us next year as he is a now (a decent squad player) but Lukaku is going to have a genuine chance to grab a #1 spot at a club (which lets be honest he is still 2/3 years away from getting here) challenging for Europa if not top 4 places.

Young players don't often get such high caliber loans, Lukaku has been given a fantastic opportunity here.

Mourinho really fucked Steve Clarke here, the least he could do was send Lukaku back to WBA

A team that are probably going to be in the bottom half or a team that are likely to be in the top 7? We are not a charity.

I would prefer Lukaku on loan and Ba 3rd choice than Ba on loan and Lukaku 3rd choice. Same people moaning now would probably be the same people moaning that we have messed him around or that he was not ready if/when he was 3rd choice in our one man system and was restricted to few games.

Also people saying we are 'alienating' him, I highly doubt we are sending him packing against his will. It is likely Lukaku is probably for this loan. He said he was open to another year at WBA more than once last season if I remember, and now has a 1st team spot ahead of a World Cup year with vicious competition.

I keep repeating it otherwise I would be cursing him, the same way I cursed Oscar and curse Torres every match.

as for the bold part: I guess you're in the wrong forum. This is about Chelsea FC, not Belgium FC... so maybe in such forum you would like a player to rip Chelsea apart and people would agree with you, not much luck here... unless you support Everton, that is.

I have no problem talking to other teams fans (one of my fave guys here is a ManUtd fan), as long as they make it clear where they stand. your usage of 'our defense' though is really amusing.

What are you talking about. He means it would be great for the rest of the supporters to accutaly see 90 minutes of lukaku bossing around. Chelsea FC would not mind playing against him, see Courtois in the super cup. This is indeed Chelsea FC, not wankers over every thing FC

Also people saying we are 'alienating' him, I highly doubt we are sending him packing against his will. It is likely Lukaku is probably for this loan. He said he was open to another year at WBA more than once last season if I remember, and now has a 1st team spot ahead of a World Cup year with vicious competition.

Spot on, too many people think with their hearts and not their head's (in general, not just on here).

A team that are probably going to be in the bottom half or a team that are likely to be in the top 7? We are not a charity.

This I think Jose showed some balls and choose the player progress above sucking up to a friend. Everton's playing style is closer to Chelsea's. At west brom he would just develope his stronger aspects(counter attacking, speed, finishing) even more but would neglect his weak points(hold up and first touch)

Lukaku will be a massive upgrade over Jelavic/Anichebe. I think he is more complete.

May i know who will play behind Lukaku now for Everton ?

as in playing behind him in the starting XI?

--------------------------Howard-----------------------

---Coleman---Jagielka--------Distin----Baines----

---------------McCarthy----Gibson-------------------

--------Mirallas------Barkley------Pienaar----------

-----------------------Lukaku---------------------------

as in playing behind him in the starting XI?

--------------------------Howard-----------------------

---Coleman---Jagielka--------Distin----Baines----

---------------McCarthy----Gibson-------------------

--------Mirallas------Barkley------Pienaar----------

-----------------------Lukaku---------------------------

Ah Barkley, you have a very good starting 11 right there.

Hmmm I can't say I was pleased to find out that Lukaku was sent on loan. I really wanted him to find a place at the club seeing as there are enough matches for all our strikers to get a fair amount of play time. The move does give him the opportunity to develop further but emotionally I wanted that to happen here. No sense crying over spilled milk :blush: the move is official, he has the opportunity to benefit from it and hopefully he does. When he's ready hopefully he will return to Chelsea and shine.

He's going to a club that expects to win most games of the season and that is much better then the no pressure scenario of West Brom all over again. This loan will aid him in his education and he'll be much better for it hopefully !