Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

In his cameo against Bayern,not even including the penalty.his running around like a headless chicken..chasing players from far behind that he had no chance to get the ball off and taking away the opportunity for our defense to pass upfield to relieve pressure,at the same time allowing Bayern to pour more players forward,rather than having to keep back to mark him,it showcased Lukaku' s lack of football mental maturity.

He's still very much a kid in a man's body.hopefully the loan will help him grow.Everton are gonna try and play good football on the ground under Martinez,it could help him become a more rounded player when he comes back to us.

good deal for him

he wasn't good enough yet to play for us

What do u base that on? 20 minutes of playtime?

Torres isnt good enough to play for us and neither is ba really.

The reason for his loan has nothing to do about him not being good enough for chelsea...its because right now we have too many strikers and lukaku deserves and needs more playtime. He will get that at everton.

Dont forget he is only 20 years old. Im sure he will return in 1-2 seasons and be a regular...and a damn good one

In his cameo against Bayern,not even including the penalty.his running around like a headless chicken..chasing players from far behind that he had no chance to get the ball off and taking away the opportunity for our defense to pass upfield to relieve pressure,at the same time allowing Bayern to pour more players forward,rather than having to keep back to mark him,it showcased Lukaku' s lack of football mental maturity.

He's still very much a kid in a man's body.hopefully the loan will help him grow.Everton are gonna try and play good football on the ground under Martinez,it could help him become a more rounded player when he comes back to us.

His pressing was really bad too, and guys like Oscar were showing more energy than him despite playing all 120 minutes. Look at how he just ambled towards Alaba before they equalised for example.

I wanted Lukaku to stay, but I also want him to develop and the only way he'll do that is by playing big minutes every game which if we're honest he just wasn't going to get at Chelsea.

I'm sad to see him leave but at the same time then I'm glad he's going to a decent club and will be playing every week.

I was pretty dissapointed by all this. Last night watching it, i wondered if we would have anyone. I think we have already gave away Sturridge, doing great at Liverpool, then we hand them Moses, who i thought deserved a chance. Then last night we seemed to be giving Ba and Lukaku?

Pretty sad for Lukuka when he was told he was staying. Why did our competitors seems to strengthen and we seemed to be reducing reducing, what if people get injured. Hmm..wasnt a happy bunny last night. :rant:

This is what really happened:

First of all... I will not mingle myself into all these discussions if this loan move is good for him or not. Clearly he needs to play. If he was benched for us all season... a loan move is absolutely the right choice! BUT... this is what really happened yesterday night!

• Lukaku was promised a loan wouldn't be necessary this season. Both coach and board said they believed in him this season to stay at the bridge. This was even confirmed once again last week... both towards the player himself as to his manager Christophe.
  • Chelsea was not planning a loan on him

Problems with BA:

• the club wanted Demba Ba to go out on loan. But other than Arsenal... no club came to show actual interest. Since Roman didn't want Demba to go to a direct competitor of us... they wanted to wait until the deadline to find another club.
  • No club came with an actual offer... Arsenal was once again thought off but eventually Roman had the final decision= NO!

Too many strikers:

• With Eto'o, Torres, Lukaku and Ba... surely at least one striker had to go on a loan. Everybody agreed it should be BA. Since this plan failed... with the clock ticking Lukaku suddenly became an option again.
  • Interest of several clubs: West Brom, Everton & Malaga were the most direct.

Lukaku was not involved:

• Roms was in Belgium with our NT yesterday night. He himself was not involved in the discussions.
  • He got to know the club was thinking about loaning him out all over sudden late in the evening.
  • Rom was rather shocked since he was promised a loan wouldn't be an option this year. Lukaku really wanted to play for us this season!
  • When he heard a loan would be the case... Apart from being devastated and shocked, Romelu only wanted one thing: back to West Brom.

The club chooses Everton:

• With midnight arriving... Romelu got informed the club was going to loan him out to Everton.
  • When he heard this, Romelu was REALLY disappointed!! First of all he didn't want to out on loan, secondly he was promised he would get his chance this season... and finally he had said IF he had to go... WBA was the only club he wanted to go to.
  • Nevertheless the Club chooses Everton.

Lukaku angry but professional:

• being angry & disappointed about the promises not being kept... Romelu felt really bad.
  • Nevertheless he remained calm and most of all very professional!
  • He was backed by his buddy Kevin Mirallas (Everton player) and soon he send his tweet into the world: happy to sign at Everton. Not really the case... but he's just a loyal and professional boy.

As you see the club broke his promises and used Romelu as a plaything in their game with Demba which was going to fail! Apart from the outcome (probably being good for Rom's himself if he was to be benched all season) => this clearly bad management! Moreover you need to know we are dealing with human beings. In regard to Lukaku... the club already made so many mistakes... We can only be thrilled if Lukaku comes back for us in Winter or Next summer to ONCE AGAIN give his best to earn a spot in a team that doesn't give him chances!

Where did you get all that from?

read it carefully and it becomes very plausible. Ill advised possibly, but with some degree of logic

read it carefully and it becomes very plausible. Ill advised possibly, but with some degree of logic

I agree with everything except the last 3 sub headings . Those are conspiracies , which not everyone should choose to believe .

Having seen his interviews and the way he carries himself, I can't agree with that in the slightest.

In fact I think it's very much incorrect.

He seems remarkably grounded, level-headed and mature. On the pitch he has appeared composed, calm but also enthusiastic. He's not the finished article but that's why he needs support and minutes. He could've gotten minutes at here or Everton - but he'll almost certainly get both at Everton. From that point of view it's a great loan move for him because the Everton fans will support him.

Our fans? :dunno:

Romelu asked himself for a loan out according to this interview.

http://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2013-09-03/lukaku-het-was-mijn-idee-om-me-uit-te-lenen

Don't know if that's also the source..

He always said he wanted to be ready at 21, so another year on the bench would do him no good. He asked himself for a loan to work on his lesser quality's.