Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

We bought him for £10m, rising to £17m. Apparently the loan fee could be as high as £5m, for that Everton get a player who can get them 15-20 league goals. If we won't play him here, by the time he's 22-23 we could have a player who has cost us very little. And I assume the extra £7m is based on him playing for us. I'd prefer he stayed but it does seem like good business, we've done a similar thing with Moses, Wallace, Romeu and Courtois, and tried to get £3m for Ba.

I follow closely all Belgian players abroad. There's no doubt Lukaku has big potential. But in my eyes he has never been ready to be the first striker of Chelsea. We all forget that this lad was not first choice at WBA as well.

Ok, he made the difference last year for them if you look to the number of goals he made, but most of his goals were when he came on the pitch from the bench. Lukaku needs space, he is one of the best counter strikers in the premier league due to his pace. Against WBA, defenders of the opposite team are defending high because they mostly have the possession of the ball and that's where Lukaku benefits from.

There is never been a moment where I thought he could win the battle with Benteke for the number one position in the NT. Benteke is so much further than he is. We all wanted Lukaku to be as first striker of Chelsea because he is so young and so strong already. Once he will get older and delivering the same performances as he now had we will say he is not good enough for Chelsea. So yeah, he needs to improve a lot.

Nevertheless he still has the time to develop with only 20 years old he has a lot of years to come.

Just before the supercup game everyone was crying to have Lukaku being as starter on the pitch. He came in, missed that penalty, and right after the game everyone said he is not Chelsea material.

Same for Kevin Debruyne. Played his first game against Hull, everyone was enthusiastic about him, played bad against Man U and suddenly everyone ignores him in their starter's line up. Same for other players;

We often judge players on one game! Ba played well last year and suddenly he is nothing anymore, Ba destroyed teams at hoffenheim and Newcastle. How can things change so much in one year??

Let's support our players and even more after a bad game. Confidence is the key, not only for players but for every single person in the world, whether that is sports, work, relationships etc...

:blink:

getting a mixed signal here, what are you saying then? ... its mourniho's job to make him better like he made drogba better, like he made milito better ... he said it himself, something like 'I wouldn't be happy with myself if I couldn't make the young players better' ... the talent was there, the drive and desire was there, idk what was in jose's mind yesterday ;(

:blink:

getting a mixed signal here, what are you saying then? ... its mourniho's job to make him better like he made drogba better, like he made milito better ... he said it himself, something like 'I wouldn't be happy with myself if I couldn't make the young players better' ... the talent was there, the drive and desire was there, idk what was in jose's mind yesterday ;(

Yes, Jose is ready to make him better by sending him to the bottom team in PL.

I follow closely all Belgian players abroad. There's no doubt Lukaku has big potential. But in my eyes he has never been ready to be the first striker of Chelsea. We all forget that this lad was not first choice at WBA as well.

Ok, he made the difference last year for them if you look to the number of goals he made, but most of his goals were when he came on the pitch from the bench. Lukaku needs space, he is one of the best counter strikers in the premier league due to his pace. Against WBA, defenders of the opposite team are defending high because they mostly have the possession of the ball and that's where Lukaku benefits from.

There is never been a moment where I thought he could win the battle with Benteke for the number one position in the NT. Benteke is so much further than he is. We all wanted Lukaku to be as first striker of Chelsea because he is so young and so strong already. Once he will get older and delivering the same performances as he now had we will say he is not good enough for Chelsea. So yeah, he needs to improve a lot.

Nevertheless he still has the time to develop with only 20 years old he has a lot of years to come.

Just before the supercup game everyone was crying to have Lukaku being as starter on the pitch. He came in, missed that penalty, and right after the game everyone said he is not Chelsea material.

Same for Kevin Debruyne. Played his first game against Hull, everyone was enthusiastic about him, played bad against Man U and suddenly everyone ignores him in their starter's line up. Same for other players;

We often judge players on one game! Ba played well last year and suddenly he is nothing anymore, Ba destroyed teams at hoffenheim and Newcastle. How can things change so much in one year??

Let's support our players and even more after a bad game. Confidence is the key, not only for players but for every single person in the world, whether that is sports, work, relationships etc...

Please dude, not more than a year ago, Benteke was a decent striker for Genk, who forced his way to the Premier League threatening to end his contract if they wouldn't let him. Not many people thought he would succeed. Until then, Lukaku was BY FAR the biggest prospect of the two, being two years younger as well. Benteke proved the critics wrong. But last year, they were evenly matched. If both play regularly, it will be a very hard decision for the trainer, since they are almost identical. Benteke has slightly better link up play, Lukaku has slightly higher speed and strength.

He's young, he needs playing time blahblah, it's all BS. He's better then what we have so he should play, period.

He delivered in pre-season; so you'd expect a fair chance for the lad. Weird stuff, I'm sure he's devastated.

His best buddy KDB won't be happy either.

At least it's Everton, seems a good fit.

How do you know if a youngster is 'ready'?

If you don't play a youngster, you'll never know if he's ready or not.

True but that's not my fault is mourinho fault, that just like ancelotti can't trust them for shit with developing younger players as they both prefer experience players.

This is why I really wanted avb more then Mourinho as he is more of a coach for younger players.

Funny thing is if 4 years ago you'd to say us our strikers will be including Eto'o and Torres we'd all literally laugh them off the forum as it would be too good to be true.. not we've got the broken versions of both of them!

Pretty funny to think about.

True but that's not my fault is mourinho fault, that just like ancelotti can't trust them for shit with developing younger players as they both prefer experience players.

This is why I really wanted avb more then Mourinho as he is more of a coach for younger players.

is there ANYTHING you like about Jose????

He's young, he needs playing time blahblah, it's all BS. He's better then what we have so he should play, period.

He delivered in pre-season; so you'd expect a fair chance for the lad. Weird stuff, I'm sure he's devastated.

His best buddy KDB won't be happy either.

At least it's Everton, seems a good fit.

You can't base your opinon on some matches against very poor asian teams.

And AVB didn't rate him at all.

It would've been nice if he got the chance to start one measly fucking game. Then maybe we could see where he is exactly or see what José sees, but whatever.

Really hope he does well and makes another mockery of the ladyboy from afar.

You can't base your opinon on some matches against very poor asian teams.

And AVB didn't rate him at all.

Well he still scored and scored against Roma and came of a brilliant season at WBA. I don't know why you mentioned AVB because that was 2 seasons ago when Lukaku was 18. He has developed much more now and is a much better striker. It was more understandable with AVB because Lukaku had only really played proper football in the Belgian league which is inferior to the PL. He since then has had a full season in the PL under his belt with 17 goals.