Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

It's a bandwagon I'm seriously thinking of jumping on. :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Always loved Belgium and Bruges is a lovely place to unwind and rest, and I was watching the match thinking about picking up one of their shirts. The amount of quality in that team at this moment in time is astounding and the fans seem to be genuinely enjoying it.

Me too, definitely cheering for them next year at the WC. My own Finnish national team has never even qualified so I always have to jump on someone's bandwagon for the major international tournaments and for years now my second favorite at international level has been Belgium. Too bad they haven't been any good either but things are about to change and I can honestly see them reaching at least the semis next year!

Me too, definitely cheering for them next year at the WC. My own Finnish national team has never even qualified so I always have to jump on someone's bandwagon for the major international tournaments and for years now my second favorite at international level has been Belgium. Too bad they haven't been any good either but things are about to change and I can honestly see them reaching at least the semis next year!

If we keep this up, the amount of belgian supports will triple :-)

If we keep this up, the amount of belgian supports will triple :-)

Gloryhunting cunts, I supported them before it was mainstream. :cool:

Seriously speaking though, it's no surprise more and more people are starting to notice just how good your squad is. A couple of years ago there was only potential but as a team you weren't much better than Finland and we even beat you in a friendly once at home and drew a few months later at your stadium. Now that potential is starting to become a reality and there aren't many better teams out there. With a bit of luck who knows how far you guys can go at the World Cup next year.

Gloryhunting cunts, I supported them before it was mainstream. :cool:

Seriously speaking though, it's no surprise more and more people are starting to notice just how good your squad is. A couple of years ago there was only potential but as a team you weren't much better than Finland and we even beat you in a friendly once at home and drew a few months later at your stadium. Now that potential is starting to become a reality and there aren't many better teams out there. With a bit of luck who knows how far you guys can go at the World Cup next year.

It is true ...... They sucked BIG TIME as a team. But suddenly all the talent broke loose (thanks to the EPL and Bundesliga mind you) and the team is gelling like Justin Boebers hair. If we keep this up for another year with hopefully Lukaku breaking through completely and Eden and Kevin becoming even more articulate. Wow. Scary stuff.

Absolutely delighted that he's going to be around and he's certainly deserved it. Would love him to see the signing of Cavani (or whoever) as a challenge and for him to come in and absolutely dominate that position because I love everything about this guy, but the fact that he's one of us just makes me want to see him succeed.

He made 38 appearances last year for West Brom (wiki) and I see no reason why he can't make close to that number or more again, with League Cup, FA Cup and CL starts.

Well if it's true that Mourinho will give him a chance then I don't see Cavani here.

Cause first torres does not want to leave and we still got ba

3 strikers is more then enough for a team like Chelsea where we play with only one striker.

Also romelu saying that if he can't get into the team he does not deserve to go to the wc

Well if your competition is torres and ba then he has a point.

Romelu Lukaku returning to Chelsea next season with vow to prove his worth

The 20-year-old scored 17 Premier League goals while on loan at West Bromwich Albion last term and previously said he would like to stay at The Hawthorns for another year.

But a conversation with Mourinho has convinced the Belgium striker he can compete for a place with the likes of Fernando Torres and Demba Ba and still fulfil his dream of going to next summer's World Cup finals.

"I always said my ambition was to play for Chelsea," said Lukaku, who cost £18m when he arrived from Anderlecht in August 2011.

"Now I will go back to Stamford Bridge and try and play even more games than I did at West Brom. If I can score a few early on, it can turn into a really good season for me.

"I have had a good conversation with Jose Mourinho, and I know it's up to me to show I'm worth a place.

"It is the World Cup next year, and I need to be playing. But if I don't get in the Chelsea team often enough, then I won't deserve to be in the national squad.

"I am not afraid of that. I am determined to succeed with Chelsea next season. I want to prove myself.

"People will compare me with Didier Drogba, and he was always my hero. But I am my own man, and I want to be known for what I do."

It's a bandwagon I'm seriously thinking of jumping on. :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Always loved Belgium and Bruges is a lovely place to unwind and rest, and I was watching the match thinking about picking up one of their shirts. The amount of quality in that team at this moment in time is astounding and the fans seem to be genuinely enjoying it.

Me too, definitely cheering for them next year at the WC. My own Finnish national team has never even qualified so I always have to jump on someone's bandwagon for the major international tournaments and for years now my second favorite at international level has been Belgium. Too bad they haven't been any good either but things are about to change and I can honestly see them reaching at least the semis next ye

Glad you guys like our national team. The atmosphere around the players is truly epic since the WK campaign started.

This video shows how crazy we are about the players: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F-etFo9zAE

Romelu Lukaku will play his football at Chelsea next season after holding productive talks with Jose Mourinho.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8764865/Romelu-Lukaku-returning-to-Chelsea-next-season-with-vow-to-prove-his-worth

Mourinho knows what he's doing here. It's rubbish IMO to think that if we sign a striker like Cavani that he'll play every game etc. Lukaku will be used in probably almost every cup game, that I'm positive of; and if Cavani isn't providing the goods in the league or CL we all know Mourinho likes a half time sub, so Lukaku could pop on for a second half, score a brace, start the next game and score another goal, then go on a run of starts. Simple. In theory.

Mourinho knows what he's doing here. It's rubbish IMO to think that if we sign a striker like Cavani that he'll play every game etc. Lukaku will be used in probably almost every cup game, that I'm positive of; and if Cavani isn't providing the goods in the league or CL we all know Mourinho likes a half time sub, so Lukaku could pop on for a second half, score a brace, start the next game and score another goal, then go on a run of starts. Simple. In theory.

Plus the fact that, when you have a player like Lukaku on the bench, you have a special weapon for the last 20 minutes. Yesterday he prooved that again, with his speed and strength he goes past defenders so so easily when they are getting tired.

I'm happy for him, hope that he gets a genuine chance - you know, like Torres who could suck for 20 games in a row and was still given confidence to play the next match. Unlike most of our youngsters who get torched after one disappointing performance when they come on for their first 20 minutes of the season.

Just reading over some of the comments on skysports about Lukaku confirming he is going to be with us next season.

These two stand out and represent the true potential of him fully IMO:

"Lukaku deserves his chance at Chelsea; as a West Brom fan, I saw him run rings around defenders at times and truly change games. His all-round game is lacking but he's incredibly young and will undoubtedly flourish with the likes of Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Ramires behind him. He played in a top 8 side last season, and he would be welcomed back to the Hawthorns with open arms, but now is the time for Romelu to show his worth in Europe and at a title-chasing side. You will always be remember down the Hawthorns Romelu."

"Lukaku has one thing that Drogba didn't have and that is blistering pace for his size and weight. With that pace and Drogba like playing style he could become the most feared striker in the world."

Seriously cannot wait to see him in a Chelsea shirt next season. Hope he gets a few goals in pre-season and can prove to Jose he can be our no.1 striker.

Wow this guy has improved a great deal since leaving the club. When he was at Chelsea he was overweight sluggish and had one of the worst first touches in the league. This just shows what consistent games of football can do for you.... he's lost weight his touch is a lot better and he's clearly worked on it and his movement is terrific. He will cause havoc at Stamford Bridge absolute havoc, players around him will have ocean's of space because he plays with his back to goal 60% of the time.

Romelu Lukaku returning to Chelsea next season with vow to prove his worth

The 20-year-old scored 17 Premier League goals while on loan at West Bromwich Albion last term and previously said he would like to stay at The Hawthorns for another year.

But a conversation with Mourinho has convinced the Belgium striker he can compete for a place with the likes of Fernando Torres and Demba Ba and still fulfil his dream of going to next summer's World Cup finals.

"I always said my ambition was to play for Chelsea," said Lukaku, who cost £18m when he arrived from Anderlecht in August 2011.

"Now I will go back to Stamford Bridge and try and play even more games than I did at West Brom. If I can score a few early on, it can turn into a really good season for me.

"I have had a good conversation with Jose Mourinho, and I know it's up to me to show I'm worth a place.

"It is the World Cup next year, and I need to be playing. But if I don't get in the Chelsea team often enough, then I won't deserve to be in the national squad.

"I am not afraid of that. I am determined to succeed with Chelsea next season. I want to prove myself.

"People will compare me with Didier Drogba, and he was always my hero. But I am my own man, and I want to be known for what I do."

This is the kind of attitude u want from a player. Not this "I am unhappy because I am not starting" pussying around like Torres does.

Lukaku is just one unique player and a great guy, too. He accumulating a decent amount of games in the less important games will be the best for him, cos he can flourish without already having to shoulder the expectations Cavani would have to. This will come early enough

So if Lukaku has been told that he will be involved with the team next season and won't be going on loan next season, why the fuck are we bidding for Cavani? Has Torres been sold, if not, is our board run by some teenagers?