Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

I have absolutely no worries for Romelu. With mindset and attitude like he has he just can't fail. It is disappointing for him not to play much this season, but hey...he doesn't have Heskey starting ahead of him but Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres! As bad as their form is, DD is nearing to an end with his time with us and it's either die or survive for Torres.

We've seen so many footballers fail to reach amazing heights they could all due to their mindset. They say that talent plays just a small part of a footballer's succes, it is all in old school hard work! I have no doubts Romelu is working his ass of every day.

He is at his favorite club and is just 18. He trains at one of the best trainning grounds in the world with amazing coaches and has his idol Drogba and Fernando Torres around him always ready to help him. He is fast and strong which are the 2 attributes you rarely see together with an 18 year old player.

All he needs to do is to keep working hard and wait for his chance which will come.

As positive as the lad is, he must be crushed.*

*Dare I remind people: He wasn't André's signing.

Actually that is a very good point, something I have totally forgotten. Could explain why Romeu has been given a big chance for a first team place and Lukaku. Also, he ddoes not really fit into AVB preferred tactics.

Actually that is a very good point, something I have totally forgotten. Could explain why Romeu has been given a big chance for a first team place and Lukaku. Also, he ddoes not really fit into AVB preferred tactics.

I mean I hope that's not the reason, and that André does see him as someone in his long-term plans. But it is food for thought. That being said, Falcao was a similar build to Lukaku is, so if AVB can mould Lukaku into that type of player, it might be alright.

FFS, what is the reason for not playing him in the last few games? He is considered to be our back-up for Torres, who hasn't scored since... I don't know when, and Lukaku can't get a single fucking minute? Let this young lad play, he's full of potential!

FFS, what is the reason for not playing him in the last few games? He is considered to be our back-up for Torres, who hasn't scored since... I don't know when, and Lukaku can't get a single fucking minute? Let this young lad play, he's full of potential!

Maybe the reason is lukaku far too slow. his touch is bad and torres can play better than him in training.

Loaned him is the best way.

Lukaku too slow? I'm not sure if we are talking about the same player, but I know that Lukaku is fast, very fast. His first touch my not be excellent, I better say poor, but he is PL ready. Betrand and Lukaku should have been given some more minutes so far, as both of them have already played football on the professional level. If they are not playing against sides like the Wolves and Portsmouth, which team should they play against then?

Lukaku too slow? I'm not sure if we are talking about the same player, but I know that Lukaku is fast, very fast. His first touch my not be excellent, I better say poor, but he is PL ready. Betrand and Lukaku should have been given some more minutes so far, as both of them have already played football on the professional level. If they are not playing against sides like the Wolves and Portsmouth, which team should they play against then?

hmm if we take a look at his size, i know his fast at his size but not faster than torres.

but i agree if avb need to play them against much weaker team like you mentioned before.

Torres has been in terrrific form in the last three games, and is showing glimspes of his former self - Romelu came here knowing he would be sitting on the bench, and took that under stride. His chance will eventually come, in some shape or form - but we all have to remember we are talking about an 18 year old kid, who has more then enough years of development in under to establish himself into the player that was so highly souted by the top European teams.

Anyone else see the quotes from him today talking about a loan deal (next season i'd imagine) to either an EPL club or a French club?

EDIT:

"If my situation at Chelsea does not evolve between now and the end of the season, it may be better to be loaned out for a season"

Think Everton would've been a good fit for him this season, maybe even next.

yeah, he still young and so potential to be a great player.

But he need more experience in premier league, so he needs to play against any mediocre team at least as a sub or just loan him so he gonna get more 1st team play.

Snake, I understand what you're saying but we should have given him at least 20 minutes in some shit games. Torres hasn't been "on form" (I don't even think that he is now...) some weeks ago and Lukaku didn't play back then either. Torres is a professional for years now, he should know how to get his confidence up, but Lukaku is a young guy, who gets his confidence boosted by playing some minutes.

Snake, I understand what you're saying but we should have given him at least 20 minutes in some shit games. Torres hasn't been "on form" (I don't even think that he is now...) some weeks ago and Lukaku didn't play back then either. Torres is a professional for years now, he should know how to get his confidence up, but Lukaku is a young guy, who gets his confidence boosted by playing some minutes.

easy man. that just my opinion :D

lets hope lukaku gonna play this saturday at least as a sub.

but im still preferred to loaned this guy if he still doesnt get some 1st team action till the end of this season.

Yes, but we have two big establish forwards in both Nando and Didi, and at one point in the season both were scoring, while we still had the likes of Anelka and Sturridge who could also play there part. I am not syaing that he has had his chances, but given the names infront of him and with the inconsistent levels of our performances up until now, i can see why AvB didn't want to rely on the striker that hasn't really embarked on the scene yet.

He should have started against Portsmouth to be honest. As for Torres form, at the moment he has been playing better in the three weeks then he has 12 months he has been here.

After his dad and his manager talked about his situation, it was time for Romelu to speak for himself. I translated the article in English for you guys:

Romelu Lukaku guest starred the carsalon in Belgium today, since he's the face of Seat here. He looked back with the press at his first season half at Chelsea. "It hasn't been what I expected", admitted a very honest Lukaku. A loan to a subtop club is no longer off the table.

"It started really well with my debut against Norwich and also against Fulham in the Carling Cup I played pretty good.", Lukaku starts his defense. "But when it went downhill with the team, it became even more difficult for me. At Chelsea they said that youngsters like me get less chances when the team's in trouble and things don't go so smoothly."

"Despite this all, I feel good. I wanted to play and train with the best players in the world and I'm doing that. If you really want to succeed at a topclub, you need to sacrifice a lot. So I'm remaining patient."

But Lukaku's patience isn't endless. "If my situation doesn't change in the next six months, I'm going to try to play at a subtop club for a whole year.", he explains.

"This could be with a club in England or France. There, I could play good for a year and then come back to Chelsea as an all-round pro. Not playing can be pretty frustrating, but I have to think about the team. Imagine I come on and we lose because I gave a wrong pass. I could forget my career at Chelsea!"

Before anyone asks. He's not talking about going out on a loan now. He can't, due to FIFA rulings. He will evaluate his situation at the end of the season and then decide if a loan is optimal.

Regarding the article. I think the last paragraph is rather interesting. I think AVB is somehow protecting him by not giving him any minutes when the gap is only one goal. Well, I hope that is the reason.

So it's time for Chelsea to get a 2-0 lead early on, so players like Lukaku (and other youngsters) can be brought in with less risk. Because if you keep treating Lukaku like this for the next six months, you basically stopped his progression for a whole year. A year lost is expensive for Chelsea in terms of pounds (Lukaku doesn't exactly have a low wage) but even more expensive for Lukaku in terms of experience and growth.